Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My journey of Ups and Downs

ANSWERED
I got my fitbit in December 2013. Starting out I weighed 160 pounds and I am 5 feet 4 inches tall. From January 2014-June 2014, I got all the way down to 125.... And then It went down hill again. I have been trying to stay on track but I always give in or make excuses. It is now July 2015 and I weigh 141.5. I want to live a healthy life. How do you guys keep motivated?
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

This is the perfect space to stay motivated @KelZ96! Join challenges, get friends and family to join you for walks and do some healthy cooking with family and friends; you'll see how you become a positive force of action to motivate you and others to accomplish any health goal you set. Smiley Wink

Let's keep stepping! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to find something active that you love to do.  Then you won't be finding excuses to ditch it, you'll be looking for ways to fit it into your schedule whenever possible.

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

This is the perfect space to stay motivated @KelZ96! Join challenges, get friends and family to join you for walks and do some healthy cooking with family and friends; you'll see how you become a positive force of action to motivate you and others to accomplish any health goal you set. Smiley Wink

Let's keep stepping! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to find something active that you love to do.  Then you won't be finding excuses to ditch it, you'll be looking for ways to fit it into your schedule whenever possible.

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57
Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to find out why you make excuses.

I agree you need to find something you love to do as far as exercise. Then you will stick to it.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, I just got tired of the yo yo dieting, and got tired of having to buy bigger and bigger clothes. My family loves to eat. You can find just about any kind of junk food at my house or at a relatives house. In my house, there are home made tortillas, not those crappy ones from the store. Try looking at a hot fresh tortilla with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, and potates. It is very difficult to avoid but I do it anyway. While my family eats this food, I make a different version. I use egg beaters-1/4 cup, 1/2 slice of pepperjack cheese, a turkey or chicken sausage patty, and 1/2 hashbrown patty. I use a Flatbread-Light and fill it with all of the ingredients. Add some hot sauce to it, and bam!!!! My taco is low fat and low calorie. I love to make my own low calorie meals, and I try to make them as tasty as possible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain.  A couple of years ago I lost 40#s.  I was so happy w/myself.  I thought the changes I made in my eating habits were permanent and that I could stop logging my food intake.  I did great for a while, but slowly I reverted back to bad eating habits and gained 30 of the 40#s back.  I don't want to have to keep a food journal for the rest of my life; however, I've decided that if that's what it takes to keep me honest w/myself, I will *sighs*.  Thank goodness our fitbit/phone/computers make it easier for us to do *smiles*

Best Answer
0 Votes