Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My time to show off

I really feel like showing off my progress after all the hard work that I have put in. This is very unlike me, specially starting a new topic about it. It just shows how proud I really am. Feel free to show off for yourself as well.

These are the screenshots of my trendweight with the progress of the last 4 weeks. I am trying to maintain weight around 59 kg while losing fat and building muscle.

weight.PNGfat%.PNGfat mass.PNGlean mass.PNG

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Those are impressive charts @Baltoscott. I hope you are proud of them!

Best Answer

Thanks @Esya.  I feel like I've always had a pretty good exercise base with bike commuting and walking accounting for most of how I get around, but my focus on what goes in my body is much better this year and that helps a lot.  I certainly have my challenges maintaining weight loss, as the past five+ years shows:

4.5 years of down, flat, UP, down, flat, UP  ...4.5 years of down, flat, UP, down, flat, UP ...

Gonna try to flatten it out around 165 + or - 5 over the next 5 years. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baltoscott

The trick to maintaining is to take it as seriously as losing. I can see that people might fall into the trap as it can feel the weight loss journey is complete and that you can then relax into maintainance. However, there is nothing relaxing about maintaining if you are serious about not gaining your weight back. It is finding a new balance compared to the losing part of your weight journey and then sticking to that from then on.

Best Answer

I agree.  I think one part of it is coming up with new goals that keep your focus on nutrition, exercise and calorie balance once you have reached your weight goal.  The scale currently gives me positive feedback as the weight goes down (very motivating!), but once I've reached the weight goal I won't get the same "charge" from maintaining.  That's why I like your current goal of gaining muscle while maintaining weight.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Baltoscott: you’ve been doing a great job at minimizing loss of lean mass while losing at lot of fat. Your charts show you’ve been losing about 15 lbs of fat in the past three months, and only about 5 lbs of lean mass during that time. It’s an excellent ratio (75%-25%) when losing at such a fast pace.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Wow...so inspirational.  Post before and after pictures please!

Best Answer

@MoniqueRenee

I am sorry but I never took/take pictures.

Best Answer
0 Votes