Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help about calories maintenance balancing

Hi, I would like to ask, I calculated the bmr index and the final result: 3400 calories is my maintenance level. I am 84 kg, 1m85 height, i care most about absorb a great amount of protein as above 160g per day, for carbohydrates and fat I eat less, but afterall, even i have reach 160g protein, <50 fat, 200 carb for the whole day eating, they are just over 1600, did i miss something? Man Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

hmm.. so using your statistics and guessing at your age to be 25.. I got your BMR to be 1972. Unless you calculated it as TDEE and chose very active as your activity level? I don't think your number is correct.. which is why you can't possibly eat to that amount... I would try again. Here is the link to the calculator I used: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/metric-bmr-calculator.php#result

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

First of all, 160P/50F/200C is 1890 calories, not 1600. If you are 25 (as per @emili’s guess), your calculated BMR would be 1876 (using the Mifflin St. Jeor equation), and you would need an activity level between "high" (level 4/5) and "extreme" (level 5/5) in order for your TDEE to be 3400 (I use this calculator). In terms of daily step count, this would be something between 15k and 20k in average.

Of course, all these are estimates. If you think your maintenance level is 3400, eat that for 2-3 weeks and see where your body weight is heading.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

wrote:

Hi, I would like to ask, I calculated the bmr index and the final result: 3400 calories is my maintenance level. I am 84 kg, 1m85 height, i care most about absorb a great amount of protein as above 160g per day, for carbohydrates and fat I eat less, but afterall, even i have reach 160g protein, <50 fat, 200 carb for the whole day eating, they are just over 1600, did i miss something? Man Sad

Yes, you did make an error-- not your fault. An active person only needs one gram of protein per KG of weight. Many sites say per pound, and they are incorrect. Most people don't qualify as active. An easy way to figure it is the calories from protein should be about 13% of your total calories. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:
An active person only needs one gram of protein per KG of weight. Many sites say per pound, and they are incorrect. 

@yveshuynh may have perfectly valid reasons to eat two grams of protein per kg of body weight, even if it doesn’t fit your very rigid and dogmatic views on nutrition. Just because there’s a mininum recommendation doesn’t mean you can’t eat more than that. Protein intake isn’t a one-size-fits-all thing, there’s a lot of room for flexibility. Same with the other macronutrients.

The "many sites" aren’t incorrect: they just happen to suggest a high intake, usually in the context of maximizing muscle growth. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer