Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FitBit User

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rob and I am 42 years old. I recently purchased a FitBit One to start tracking my exercise, calorie counts, etc.  Let me take a couple of moments to share my story.  On Decemer 11th 2014 I was involved in a major car accident.  The accident left me with broken ribs, a broken neck, facial burns, and we'll just say abdominal issues to be polite. Due to my injuries I almost passed away on Christmas Eve (needless to say that Christmas 2014 in my household was not a joyus time of year), thankfully the doctors were able to pull me through it.  After a month in a level 1 Trauma unit, four surgeries and getting to be six months of recovery at home, I am just about ready to get back to work.  Never thought the day would come that I return to work, but it is almost here.

All of the doctors told me that losing weight is something that I NEED to do.  Before the accident, I weighed just under 400 pounds.  Now I have dropped just over 86 pounds and want to contnue the weight loss.  The doctor told me that a healthy weight for me is about 250 pounds (so there is more work I need to do).  I was wondering if there is someone out there with a similar story to mine and we could partner up.  My biggest concern is finding all of the weight that I have already lost, which is usually what happens when I fall off "the wagon".

I jokingly say that Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers would have been much easier (and not to mention cheaper) than what I went through.

Thank you for your time and I will look forward to hearing from you.

Rob

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@RAS_0804 Welcome to the forums!

Wow I'm so sorry for all you have been through. That accident sounds horrible. But I'm so glad you are healing now. That is awesome!

You have done excellent so far in your Weight loss! You sound determine as well so you will get to your goal weight.

I would search groups that are out there. Im sure you will find what you are looking for.

http://relliker.com/

Keep us posted as to how you are doing!

Happy Stepping!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes