Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to fitbit & trying to lose some lbs

Hi! I am new here and trying to lose some lbs. ANy motivation would be helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Well you have taken the first steps, terrible pun intended, what kind of advice, motivation are you looking for? Nutrition, exercise?

Although it is somewhat cliche I think the simplest advice is the best when starting out.

Eat healthy, try to eat a balanced diet containing all of the food groups and don't shy away from fats, try not to eat too much saturated fats. Your body needs fat to function, and fat doesn't make you fat, extra calories make you fat. For the most part everything you eat gets converted to glucose for energy, doesn't matter if it started out as fat, protein or carbohydrates. What doesn't get used to either repair or fuel the body gets stored away as fat.

As for exercise, anything is better than nothing when you are starting out. Walking 10-15 minutes a day will benefit you immensely if you are starting out from a primarily sedentary life.

Ask lots of questions and don't take anyone's advice as gospel. Their is lots of help from the groups here and I feel that 90% of the advice given here is good advice.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

If it's not FUN you won't want to keep at it for long, pure will power only gets you so far.

Good Luck!

Best Answer

@lena12- you got some great advice there from @SunsetRunner

I'm going to add that consider joining one of the challenges going (there's one to Feb 14th, a Spring Break, 90-day challenge) or the weekly weigh in.  You'll find a varying group of people at various stages of their weight loss.  Also, make a point to post each week, since I do notice that some just drop off when they maybe are struggling.  That's when you need the most support.

Welcome!

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

This may sound odd... but this is something this old man has learned... DO NOT go on a diet... RATHER make a life change.  Diets tend to lead us in directions our bodies where not intended for.  RAPID!  FAST!!  more like dangerous.   Just take your time.   Eat carefully and youll do great.   You can do this!!!!

Best Answer