Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Fitbit any Gluten Free trying lose those unwanted lbs?

I have been Gluten Free for many years. As every whom has purchased a Fitbit I too want to be the best I can be! But, I have been stuck for awhile now @ age 54 an can't seem to shed these 25-30 lbs. I also have the beginning of Diabetes mutliple other auto-immune issues .  So, I need to get REAL & STAY ON BOARD!! I think I just get bored with eating so I skip then I derail myself on all levels. I just went back to the gym 🙂

Thanks for listening in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome! No gluten for me either.

Inga
Best Answer

No gluten for me either! How hard is it sometimes? I've also got other health issues that affect the way I lose weight. I'm enjoying using my fitbit though, because it's turned the great weight loss game from a battle with myself to a competition with my fitbit flex! I'm finding it easier to stay motivated even if the numbers on the scale aren't changing a whole lot...

Best Answer

Gluten free 2 weeks now. Thinking I may have to go dairy free too. Smiley Frustrated It really makes it hard to go to the fridge and just grab something. But I have found some awesome recipes online and that helps. I keep homemade oatmeal muffins on hand (125 calories each) and today I'm trying banana pancakes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Staci, don't go to the fridge, go to the fruit bowl... grab fruit! Much easier and healthier than replacing the wheat with other bread subs. You'll lighten up immediately.

Inga
Best Answer

Hi Ezzie

Yes it is tough to stay on track I agree. I do like the challenge of the Fitbit also. An I'm returning to the gym for my ZUMBA CLASS with I love. I also got back on board with MYFITNESSPAL & it shares my food journal with the fitbit. An the myfitnesspal lets you share recipes with your friends which is nice. I only have a couple of friends doing it.

Thanks for your input & stay strong & good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Staci32,

The banana pancakes sound yummy. It gets easier as you go being GF. I don't eat lots of bread,pasta or sweets. I try to do veggies,fruit, yogurt, lean meat,fish,chicken, brown rice, quinoa,protein shakes. I do like hummus,salsa,gualmole & tostitos. My down fall is CHIPS if I'm having a bad craving 😞

Good Luck

Best Answer
@bluebird01
Glutten free & dairy free here for a little more than a year. At first, I thought it was going to complicate my life but now I realize it has truly simplified things. I eat real food ... nothing processed. If I really want a gluten free treat, I make it. Like you, I was pre-diabetic with a host of auto-immune issues. I've lost 60 lbs in the last 13 months. Still have 25 to go. But at this point, I've been able to get off all my prescription drugs, including the celebrex for my arthritis. Granted, it is not cured, but with the gluten out of my system, the inflammation is down to a manageable level. Do I get bored with the food choices? Yes, sometimes. But that is life.

Get real and stay on board! I like that!! I will commit to that, too. Been on this plateau since Christmas! Let's get this done together!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been gluten free for 10 years and a FitBit user for a week.  I really think I'm going to love this as it is already giving me the motivation I need to reach my goals.  Loosing weight is an extremely slow process for me...it's frusterating at times.  I'm trying to snack healthier and keep my moticvation high.  What gf snacks do you all like?  Does anyone else feel like the weight takes forever to come off?  

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bought buckwheat "flour" at our Co-op and mix with an egg, baking powder and coconut milk then fry in a bit of coconut oil for delicious gluten free pancakes. Buckwheat is actually a seed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been gluten free since December and just started as a Fitbit user this week. I get hives from eating gluten and am surprised how many things have gluten that I wouldn't think of! This week is was a spice mix. But it's geting easier!

Kelly

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been making nut bars that are similar to Kind bars. They are low in calories and high in protein. They also have chia seeds that make you feel full longer. I love them. I have put myself on a 10 and 4:00 schecule for snacks so that my blood sugar stays steady. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been gf dor almost 5 1/2 years and find it so hard to lose the weight i gained after i went gf. I eat very clean and watch the labels closely because I get sick after I eat it and chose not to go through that. I just got the fitbit from my boyfriend a couple weeks ago cause he has one and does well with it. Wanted to try something so here we go!!! Finally accomplished my 10000 steps and finding that I do anywhere from 6 to 7000 just at work. Seeing my sleep pattern has helped as well. Any suggestions or help I would love to hear!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have celiac disease but a smart doctor suggested I get off gluten and sugar to lower the inflammation throughout my body. Let me tell you, doing this really helps take the edge off my arthritis!

I'm not much of a cook so I keep things simple ... grilled or baked protein ... fresh veggies ... a bit of dark chocolate here and there. My joints thank me for the effort.
Best Answer
0 Votes