Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie to the forum

Hi everyone! I’m new to even realising there was such thing as Fitbit forums! I’m a 43 year old women who was hit with very bad health in October 2016. I was diagnosed with Lupus, systemic Vasculitis, Thyrotoxicosis and thyroid cancer all within a few months. Knocked me for 6. I’ve spent the last year and a bit being very ill, and recently had treatment for my thyroid cancer which killed my thyroid. Being determined to feel better I’ve made changes in my life including stopping an almost 30 year smoking habit. I’m finally in remission for my autoimmune diseases and only take a low dose chemo daily. I’ve started exercising (very low impact) and counting calories. I started my health kick at 104kg at the end of October and I’m down to 95kg this week. I’m looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone and getting to know people in a smiliar situation. I e found I really enjoy being healthy and love to see the results as they happen. We are flying to England for a family trip on February 1st so I’m hoping to be around 89kg by then! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the forums! Glad you found us!

Sorry to hear about your past problems but it sounds like you are kicking them to the Curb!

WTG on the smoking as well. Best thing you can do for yourself. Been 11 years for me

Your doing awesome on the Weight loss as well!

Kudos to you! Hope you see you around the forums more. Lost of great people here!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes