Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No weight loss

Ok so I have been very active walking uphill, jogging some for 3 miles everyday. resistance bands during strength training 3 days a week. Logging my food in at around 1200-1400 a day for 5 months now. I seen some inches lost in the first few months. No weight and no inches in the last 2 months. I actually have gained 2 pounds. I’m in menopause, however my thyroid test came back fine. I am losing motivation now and really depressed. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Tiff,  Studies I have read say that people;e who start an exercise program to lose weight eat more and DON'T LOSE WEIGHT.  You may be undercounting calories you are eating???   Exercise is critical for good health, but just for a while,, how about cutting out the exercise and just concentrating on losing weight?  Keep the calories to 1200 unless you are short.  (then maybe less).  Don't add for any exercise.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tiff582 wrote:

Ok so I have been very active walking uphill, jogging some for 3 miles everyday. resistance bands during strength training 3 days a week. Logging my food in at around 1200-1400 a day for 5 months now. I seen some inches lost in the first few months. No weight and no inches in the last 2 months. I actually have gained 2 pounds. I’m in menopause, however my thyroid test came back fine. I am losing motivation now and really depressed. Any suggestions?

By all means keep the resistance training, or face upwards of 25% of any weight you lose being muscle mass.

You'll regret that later, and it is so much harder to build it back.

Keep up the active walking for heart health, so needed.

That level of resistance training though is very negligible as far as calories is burned - are you logging those workouts - if so as what?

I'm guessing you are on Fitbit forums because you have one - what does it say your daily burn is on average?

And logging food needs more meaning - your problem is probably accuracy.

You are not just eating 1200-1400 right now probably, but much more.

Do you log everything that goes into your mouth?

Do you confirm the database nutritional info matches the label in hand?

Are you logging by weight since calories is per gram, not cups, spoons, or about 3 per package?

Are you eating a lot of take out where accuracy is out the window?

What does

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Boost protein, cut back on starches,  and maybe eat a little more.  Sounds like your metabolism is slowing down

Best Answer

Tiff I was at your point for so long.  Probably over 2 years. I have pcos and probably peri-menopausal.  Have you looked into the Fast 800 diet?  I am 8 weeks in and over a stone lighter.  It is the only thing that has worked for me. Yes, it sounds extreme but the science makes sense and it's developed by two GPs. I was sceptical but I couldn't recommend it highly enough.  There is a TV programme - How to lose a stone in 21 days - it takes you through the diet and you can see the results for yourself.  An interesting watch if nothing else

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your experience @Tiff582.  

It's possible you've also gained some muscle mass, if you've been training hard for the last few months, but as others have mentioned here, sometimes the things we do have little to do results, so we need to try something new. 

I had great results trying to keep a good balance between physical activity and healthy eating. Mostly I've tried to walk everyday and intermittent fasting.  

Let us know about your progress! 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer