Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not losing weight

ANSWERED

I know this topic has been covered bunch of times but for some reason I'm still confused..

I am female, 38 years old , 5'10, 196lbs. I'm down 70 lbs and haven't been able to lose weight for awhile now. 

I've used online calculators to calculate my calorie need and it goes from 1400-2800. I use alta Fitbit. I average 11000 steps a day and eat average 1700 calories . I use beachbody app and have been doing insanity max 30 . I do modified exercises and usually do 2,  30 minute programs 5-6 days a week...plus about an hour of jogging on a treadmill.  I try to do liift4 occasionally. I have a desk job but I do exercise about 2hrs+  5-6 days a week. 

Am I just simply eating too many calories? Thanks for your help and support in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Katc81 wrote:

I'm down 70 lbs

I think this is the key to what you’re seeing: you have lost a lot of weight (26% of your starting weight), perhaps in a relatively short period of time (though you didn’t mention that). As a result, your body’s built-in survival mechanisms have kicked him to prevent (what it considers to be) further damage. What is going on is well explained in the Losing All Your Weight At Once video by Dr. Mike Israetel, one of my favorite weight loss resources. Your goal for now should be maintenance, not further weight loss, so you can rebuilt your metabolism and be in a better position to go for the next round of weight loss, later on.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Katc81 wrote:

I'm down 70 lbs

I think this is the key to what you’re seeing: you have lost a lot of weight (26% of your starting weight), perhaps in a relatively short period of time (though you didn’t mention that). As a result, your body’s built-in survival mechanisms have kicked him to prevent (what it considers to be) further damage. What is going on is well explained in the Losing All Your Weight At Once video by Dr. Mike Israetel, one of my favorite weight loss resources. Your goal for now should be maintenance, not further weight loss, so you can rebuilt your metabolism and be in a better position to go for the next round of weight loss, later on.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me preface this by saying that I'm just a chubby shmuck.  This is just my two cents...  I was in a similar situation.  I've recently lost almost 35 pounds.  The first 25 came off easily, but then I hit a plateau.  I've been using the same calorie counting app, and I love it.  So I thought the answer was to just push myself harder.  I was hitting the gym pretty hard about 4 days to 5 days a week for at least an hour at a time, and sometimes up to two hours.  But the scale didn't budge.  So I decided to back off a bit and just refocus on nutrition.  And funny enough, the weight started coming back off.  All that to say- you might be overdoing it with the exercise.  Maybe try backing it down a notch and instead focus not just on your calories, but what you're actually eating as well.  Nutrition really seems to be the key, at least for me.  But regardless of what happens, it sounds like you've already done an amazing job!  97 pounds is no small feat!!

Best Answer

Hello! I know you marked this as solved but I just had a question. You said you are doing Beachbody, do you have that Beachbody coach that is working with you and supporting you?

Best Answer

Hi, 

That is a great question! I have contacted my coach and only received a list of programs..which didn't help at all. 
She said I could try 21 day fix, insanity etc. I am aware of the programs but I was hoping to get more details and ideas how to proceed..
It left me wondering if that is all the coaches will do..
Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!! 
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm very sorry to hear that! Let me tell you, I am a coach with Beachbody
and this is absolutely not how most coaches are. We are supposed to there
to support you every step of the way and answer all your questions, not
just sell you programs. We are on this journey of fitness with you!
Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions!
Best Answer