Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK-- Here Goes -- My Last Ten!!

Allright, since March 10 of this year I have lost a cool 47 pounds, and have only 11 to go to make my ultimate goal! So within the next two to three days, I will start the countdown from 10 to Goal. I believe I will hit goal weight sometime around December 1, another 7+ weeks from now, at my current  pound-and-a-half per week. So, gimme encouragement guys!! I can do this, I'm almost there!

EDIT: Thanks Fitbit!

EDIT: I'll use this thread as a log to keep track. Cheer me on!

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

For reference here's a "before" picture and a current picture. 

Fat Guy Official Greyhound Pic Dec 2011.jpg20161005_114424.jpg

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer

You have done excellent! Congrats! You will get there!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @WendyB!! 

Ok, as of this morning the countdown starts. 

TEN

I have lost 48 and have ten to go!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fantastic, @tractorlegs!  Next week it will be NINE to go! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @USAF-Larry!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

wow what a difference! your face looks so different. Good work- and much success in the final 10!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @emili! I appreciate the positive comments. Half of the effectiveness of using a Fitbit to get healthier and lose the weight is through the positive encouragement of friends both IRL and at forums like this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still Ten!

Best Answer
0 Votes

And still ten . . . . . . 

Best Answer

Nine!!

49 pounds lost, 9 to go

On Schedule . . . . Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

9, 8, 7, 6,.....   It's going, going, going....   Keep it up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, in the home stretch @USAF-Larry!! Thanks for the encouragement!

@USAF-Larry wrote:

9, 8, 7, 6,.....   It's going, going, going....   Keep it up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still 9, but only 2/10 of a pound away from 8 . . . . . 

1. No pie today
  2. No cookies today
  3. Mustard instead of Mayo
  4. Vinegar instead of Bleu Cheese on that salad
  5. An Apple instead of those Fig Bars for a snack
  6. Two egg omelet instead of 3
  7. No cake and ice cream at my granddaughter's birfday party tonight

Will I go to 8 on the countdown tomorrow morning??!?

Best Answer

Ouch!! Today wasn't a good day. You see, there was a lot of food and fig bars and someone brought home an Apple Pie that was sooooooo good and I got seconds - - - - - So it may be a couple or three extra days before I hit eight lol

But it's OK. Days like this happen sometimes. I've still lost 49 pounds since I started this and still have less than a "decade" of pounds to go -- I'm still encouraged -- not too long until I can post:

Eight!!

But here's a cool thing. The amount of calories I ate today -- 2900 -- is the maintenance amount I will need to eat when I hit my goal weight. Yeah, I'm a tall feller lol and will get to eat a bunch. 

Best Answer

You look fantastic, and I'm 100% sure that all the people who love you are so proud of you! Keep up the good work, you've done great and you'll continue walking that road once you've lost the last extra pound, I'm certain. Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Annabel398, thanks for the encouragement!! It means a lot. Robot Very Happy

Annabel398 wrote:

You look fantastic, and I'm 100% sure that all the people who love you are so proud of you! Keep up the good work, you've done great and you'll continue walking that road once you've lost the last extra pound, I'm certain. Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Back to TEN aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm taking a break from dieting and have gone to maintenance temporarily. See this threadCat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

A little bit behind schedule, but it's official:

Eight!!

As of this morning, 50 pounds lost and 8 to go to hit goal! 

Yesterday I went to buy new blue jeans because my old ones are waaaaaay too large. My waist size for pants is now 38 (for reference I'm 6'5" tall). I haven't been a 38 waist in at least 15 years. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer