Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd weight loss question. Does anyone's ribs hurt?

I've got an odd question.  I've gone from 281 to 226 lbs.  I'm going to lose another 40+ lbs.  In the past when I got into the 220's, I've noticed that my ribs are sensitive.  Applying pressure to them hurts at times. 

For example a few weeks ago I could not lie on my side without my ribs hurting, and I'd have to roll over on my side.  That has since gone away most of the time, although it still happens sometimes.

About 10 lbs ago, you could see my ribs under my skin.  They have since disappeared.  I'm guessing my rib cage got smaller as I lost weight.

It's not like the hurt all the time, just when pressure is applied to them.  I've noticed that I've lost the fat that used to be under my skin above my ribs.  So I've got nothing but skin there now.  I can clearly feel each rib now.

I'm just curious if anyone else lost a lot of weight and had sensitive ribs?  I'm sure it's my body getting used to have a heck of a lot less fat...  And getting more and more compact...

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

I'm experiencing the burning sensation in the same area!  I exercise 4 to 5 days a week and lost 30lbs....all of a sudden my rt side under armpit where my sports bra is the area will hurt and feel like its burning. It isnt constant but pushups ' situps it starts to happen. Another friend of mine who lost 80lbs said she had the same pain 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mikirah 

I've spoken to some female friends and they have said that they have at times experienced the same burning just below the armpit and they like me believe its cause by the breasts bouncing around and pulling on the skin in that area.

As a guy with no access to any kind of support (sports bra) just had to push through it, but for a lady who has a sports bra I'd suggest wearing it all the time for a few days to take the pressure of that area to see if it clears up.

Best Answer
0 Votes