Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCOS, people with Diabetics, people who want to lose weight together or working towards a health

ANSWERED

Hello,

I have PCOS, Diabetes  and want to lose weight for my health.  I just got a Fitbit and now i am working on my steps and health plan. Want to connect with people in the same boat or working on their heath and losing weight too.

Please join with me to lose weight to help improve our health our lives and our relationship.

Sussus

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sussus Hi there, while I don't have diabetes, I was diagnosed with PCOS almost thirty years ago as a teenager. When I committed to an exercise plan twenty years ago, I lost weight and found many of the symptoms disappeared and even reversed. Today, the weight has crept back. Exercise alone doesn't do it for me and looking to combine healthy eating along with a fitness regime. Happy to join you. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Sussus Hi there, while I don't have diabetes, I was diagnosed with PCOS almost thirty years ago as a teenager. When I committed to an exercise plan twenty years ago, I lost weight and found many of the symptoms disappeared and even reversed. Today, the weight has crept back. Exercise alone doesn't do it for me and looking to combine healthy eating along with a fitness regime. Happy to join you. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for responding, 

What are you doing and if you do not mind Sharing,What your bigger thing that keeps you going!

I am in the Midwest and the cold weather is side track me long with my back injury. My back is getting better but the weather is up and down.  Do have any tips to keep going or any thing you do that is helpful? I was think 340 was my highest weight and now I am down to around 280 and want to keep going. I now have a coach for my diabetes and weight in person here in my town.  I can not get down under 280.

Sussus

Best Answer

@Sussus You lost 60lbs, I think that's amazing, how did you do that? I'm sorry to hear about your back injury, that can really, really get in the way. I have had issues in the past. When it's gone you never think about it, but when it's there that's all you can think about. 

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16 and was absolutely devastated by the side effects through adolescence, it held me back from so much. I also remember growing up and hearing that 90-95% of diets don't work, everyone gains the weight back. It seemed hopeless. I started exercising daily in my twenties and completely changed. I ate low fat too (it was the 90s) and it was enough of a change that it worked. 15 years later I have gained the weight back, but really it's because my diet hasn't been the best and I can't workout like I did when I was young. I can only speak for myself, but now I see PCOS as a side note and I do not let it hold me back from believing that I can't change if I commit myself. This is only my experience, I know everyone is different. So now I'm starting all over again and looking for motivation too. 

Keep going! You already are on your way. Right now what's inspiring me is stories like yours. It sounds like you are doing the right things, you have a coach, it sounds like you are on the right track. 

Best Answer

Fitbit should be able to address PCOS with 3rd party apps or it's own solutions. See the suggestion Tile to Track menstrual Cycle. 

Can you help get Fitbit's attention on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have PCOS and I bought a Fitbit to help with gaining my steps and trying to get on the healthy side of my life! I’ve stated doing meal prep and try to stick with chicken and veggies. 

Best Answer
0 Votes