Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patience vs Results

Hi everyone see below my thoughts on the mindset of patience vs the expectation of seeing results whether it being weight loss, toning up or just  more active lifestyle.

I myself have fallen into the trap of committing time, effort, blood, sweat and tears  towards a lifestyle change and wanting results ASAP.

I feel for most if the results aren't there short term patience grows thin really fast and therefore motivation out weighs the drive to want to see the journey of change through to the end.

We want results very fast

If we don’t see results in the first two days or first week “I’m done”

That’s the mentality of most people

The struggle is too real, we’re not patient

To lose weight or get fit it takes a lot of patience, time and pitfalls

It won’t happen fast ‘everyone wants the hack’ there is no HACK or FAST TRACK

"Don't stop when your tired, stop when your done"

Shaun Burns

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Great topic, @ShaunBurns! Patience is definitely a virtue. 

It's very easy to get anxious and lose patience, but it's definitely rewarding if we don't fall into that trap. 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

for me it is about commitment. I committed over 7 years ago to stay active and eat right. Do I enjoy my weekend, of course I do, but the rules go back in play as soon as Monday hits.. and bad behavior isn't all day during the weekend. I was very lucky to lose weight pretty quickly when I decided it was time and I have managed to stay within 5 pounds in either direction of my goal for 7 years. I now can't imagine my life not staying in the guardrails I have set up for myself for health and fitness. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Everyone on this thread sounds like a paragon of virtue to me.  I don't have patience, or commitment, and I never feel done.  I eat lots of junk food.  Or all carbs and way too little protein probably, but I got some protein powder and am going to add at least a half serving of protein to my junk food.    I think people need exercise but it must be something they can enjoy.  Reading is my favorite thing so I read on my treadmill.  That way I'm not wasting so much time reading...etc.  'The best plan, I think, is to figure out a goal and some way to enjoy reaching it .  Blood sweat a tears can't go on for very long.   And of course it helps if you feel a strong aversion to what happens with poor diet and no exercise.  I hate having a big bottom for instance.  LOL 

Best Answer