Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! I'm confused,to do with deficit

Hey guys I'm confused. So I am trying to lose weight and for nutrition I have selected the 'Harder' plan intensity. With this plan there is a -1000 calorie deficit, but it says that I will lose 2kgs per week. I don't understand how I can lose 2kgs per week if weekly I have a 7000 calorie deficit, and since a kg is made up of 7700 calories I will lose less than a kg a week let alone 2 kgs which is 15,400 calories. So why does it say I will lose 2kgs per week??

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

A daily deficit of 1000 calories should result in a weight loss of 2 pounds, not kilograms. Here is what you get if you select Food Plan Intensity in the Fitbit mobile app with kilograms as the unit for weight:

fitbit_food_plan_intensity.png

As you can see, the harder plan (-1000 calories) translates into 0,9 kg per week (1 kg = 2.2 lb, so 0.9 kg would be the rough equivalent of 2 pounds). 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont understand why it says kgI dont understand why it says kg

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reason why it says "kg" is it’s what you selected in your personal settings as the unit for weight. You can change this to pounds in your settings:

2017-12-23_0915.png

It’s surprising you ended up with a metric unit for weight, because Fitbit offers imperial units by default (because the majority of its user base is still likely in the US).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ohhh ok thank you so much

Best Answer
0 Votes