Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagging skin! YUCK!

Hi!

I have struggled with weight, my entire life. About 2 years ago, I decided to get serious! Sense that time I have mangaged to loose a little over 60 pounds ( there was a pregnancy during that time). My goal weight is less than 20 lbs away.. The problem I am left with now is, yucky, sagging skin. I have read countless articles and spoken with even more people about any non surgical options, but to no avail. I know after 7 full term preganancies, I will NEVER have a "flat" stomach, but am determined to find something to at least improve it!  Any suggestions??

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Tell me about it!!

I lost135 lbs over this year and mys strethed skin is now very wrinkly on my butt, belly, and inner thighs.

Lew Wagner
Author of Losing It - My Weight Loss Odyssey
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes

All you can really do is eat for nutrition, incorporate strength training to help with muscle definition, and moisturize.  Over the next year or so the sagginess might improve.  But it might not.  Sad, but true.

Best Answer

WOW!!! Thats awesome.. The 135, not the sagging part! lol..  Have you found anything that works at all??

Best Answer

@DJsaggyskin wrote:

WOW!!! Thats awesome.. The 135, not the sagging part! lol..  Have you found anything that works at all??

DJ,

What?  For the sagging skin?  Nope, I'm finding that some of the wrinkles are shrinking, but my doc said that in most cases, you either live with it or get plastic surgery (not covered by insurance btw).

Lew Wagner
Author of Losing It - My Weight Loss Odyssey
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that these posts were from last year.   With time gone by now,   do any of you see an improvement with saggy skin?

I started Sept 2014 at 250 + pounds.  Now July 2014 172 pounds.    Belly and under arms have a bit of the "jigglies".    I'm running 20 + miles a week and I have added weight training for the past couple of months and it seems to help.

I read about collegin moisturizer yesterday - will give that a try

Best Answer
Hi! Thanks for your response!! Actually I have seen very little improvment, despite adding weights. Im sure going from 230 to 145,has something to do with it, but am convinced that having 9 kids is the real culprit! I'm going to look into the collagen cream!!
Sent from my Sprint phone.
Best Answer

Join the crowd. I have a boat load of weight I want to lose and I am starting to see the sagging. Well be positive and think of the challenge we did to get to this!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've really been running a lot and a lot of weights. Seems to be
helping. When I get back from vacation at the end of Aug, I am going to
try "Beast Body" from Beachbody. I have had luck with some of their
other DVD programs. Don't laugh, when I started to exercise - I used Shawn
T's Hip Hop Abs
Best Answer
0 Votes

DJ

But you are soooo much healthier I bet. Surgery isn't an option for most of us as insurance calls it cosmetic and won't pay for it. Wealthy people get nipped and tucked if they need to. I knew people that went to Mexico, Philippines and Brazil for cheaper surgery. 

Healthier is wonderful. 

Barb

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am thinking of maybe trying yoga to see if that will help to tighten things up. Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reckon some of us might well be stuck with the saggy skin, though I think there might be ways to lessen the effect.  My weight has gone up and down over the years.  22st (308lb), or more, at my biggest, but now 12st (168lb) or so, maybe a bit more.  I'm tallish - 6'4" - so wasn't quite as fat as that sounds.  I got down to maybe 15st (210lb) a few times and always saw a lot of loose skin around my belly - a sort of soft muffin top thing going on.   A few years ago I decided to lose weight - most of which which I did through strict dieting, then a couple of years ago I bought a fitbit, and started running and rigidly meeting step targets etc. and that helped me get down and maintain the weight I am now for the past year.  One thing that I noticed is that I didn't get more excess flesh around my middle, it was still there, maybe a little less as I got thinner.  Since then, for over a year now, I've added weight training and that also seems to have helped a bit - perhaps I've filled out the skin with muscle a bit.  My belly is pretty wrinkly now, is suppose, but with less of the soft fat, so there's no overhang or anything like that.  I think I could maybe lose a little more weight or gain a little more muscle, and I think the appearance might improve a bit.

Best Answer

This is a super old post, but I find dry brushing helps with the appearance of sagging skin.  I also take collagen, but I'm pretty sure when the bottle is empty I won't buy more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes