Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special event calories.. strategy.

ANSWERED

In your opinion, would it be better to preshave calories and exercise extra in anticipation of those 2000 or more extra calories I'll be having on Friday, or just wait till it's done and then do that same afterwards?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Whenever I have time to prepare before a Special Event, I usually have low calorie foods on any previous meals and workout, so I have an estimate number to work with at night. This way I won't need to make up for all of them if I go over the estimate number Cat Happy

Welcome to the forums @tomofnj

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Whenever I have time to prepare before a Special Event, I usually have low calorie foods on any previous meals and workout, so I have an estimate number to work with at night. This way I won't need to make up for all of them if I go over the estimate number Cat Happy

Welcome to the forums @tomofnj

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Welcome! I  do the same as Helenarriza. Works well for meCat Happy

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey tom!

personally for me i try and cut back in the week before - it gives me an idea of how many extra calories i have to play with (or pro points - because I do WW too). If i am still over my allowance then i make it back in the following week.

a bit of extra exercise before and after never goes a miss eitherCat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yikes, had a 2500 cal dinner and it was and wasn't worth it at the same time.

AH well, back to the grind tomorrow 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes you have to just have a blowout day (within reason).  In the last couple of weeks I have had a wedding and the other half's birthday.  I thought about cutting back beforehand but decided to just eat what I wanted and not feel guilty about it as they were special events.  My weight spiked the following morning each time ( wtaer weight), but within a couple of days I was back to where I was.

The reason for this is I found myself not needing to eat as much to feel full so although I ate 'bad' food I didnt eat as much.  

Daily Strategy:

I also find that if I have a little of what I want every now and then it keeps me satisfied and means I wont just binge out on a box of chocolates if i have one every now and then.  I do take these calories into account though

Best Answer