Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to Lose Weight

ANSWERED

Looking for advice from anyone!!!  I am trying to figure out the magic combo to kick start my weight loss.  I have tried being on the 1000 calorie deficit plan and I literally lose less than 1/2 a pound a week.  Some days I end up being in the blue (green when I go to bed but then burn as I sleep to get into the blue before midnight) so that might be part of the issue but I definitely do not end days in the red.  This week I switched to the 750 calorie deficit plan to see if that might help.  I don't eat crappy food (I am actually on the Nutrisystem food and take the right supplements from GNC) and I work out every day (alternating cardio and weights).  I drink at least 96 oz of water a day also.  I don't drink alcohol or coffee, I have the occasional diet coke.  I'm looking to lose about 25 lbs (5'7" and 174 lbs currently) so not a lot to lose.  I'm just frustrated and am looking for any tips and tricks to maybe help me.  THANK YOU!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

wrote:

I don't eat crappy food (I am actually on the Nutrisystem food and take the right supplements from GNC)

My advice would be to eat real food instead of the Nutrisystem foods. By "real food", I mean minimally processed, whole foods, like fresh vegetables and fruits, raw meat, unflavoured dairy products, whole grain etc.

I don’t know what the "right supplements" are, but the role of supplements in weight loss and health is often overrated. In most cases, you don’t really need to supplement anything if you’re eating a healthy, balanced diet: you can get almost all of the minerals, vitamins, fiber, protein etc. you need from real food. 

Other than that, you need to be in a reasonable caloric deficit in order to lose weight. There’s no magic involved, nor any need to "kick-start" things. If you are in a deficit and nothing happens, either the deficit is not what you think it is (for instance, because your Fitbit overestimates your energy expenditure or you underestimate your intake), or there are other factors involved, like thyroid issues, medications that affect metabolism etc.   

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

wrote:

I don't eat crappy food (I am actually on the Nutrisystem food and take the right supplements from GNC)

My advice would be to eat real food instead of the Nutrisystem foods. By "real food", I mean minimally processed, whole foods, like fresh vegetables and fruits, raw meat, unflavoured dairy products, whole grain etc.

I don’t know what the "right supplements" are, but the role of supplements in weight loss and health is often overrated. In most cases, you don’t really need to supplement anything if you’re eating a healthy, balanced diet: you can get almost all of the minerals, vitamins, fiber, protein etc. you need from real food. 

Other than that, you need to be in a reasonable caloric deficit in order to lose weight. There’s no magic involved, nor any need to "kick-start" things. If you are in a deficit and nothing happens, either the deficit is not what you think it is (for instance, because your Fitbit overestimates your energy expenditure or you underestimate your intake), or there are other factors involved, like thyroid issues, medications that affect metabolism etc.   

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

wrote:

Looking for advice from anyone!!!  I am trying to figure out the magic combo to kick start my weight loss.  I have tried being on the 1000 calorie deficit plan and I literally lose less than 1/2 a pound a week.  Some days I end up being in the blue (green when I go to bed but then burn as I sleep to get into the blue before midnight) so that might be part of the issue but I definitely do not end days in the red.  This week I switched to the 750 calorie deficit plan to see if that might help.  I don't eat crappy food (I am actually on the Nutrisystem food and take the right supplements from GNC) and I work out every day (alternating cardio and weights).  I drink at least 96 oz of water a day also.  I don't drink alcohol or coffee, I have the occasional diet coke.  I'm looking to lose about 25 lbs (5'7" and 174 lbs currently) so not a lot to lose.  I'm just frustrated and am looking for any tips and tricks to maybe help me.  THANK YOU!!!!

Are you on the nutrisystem plan or just buying the food off the shelf at the local store? 

What fitbit product are you using?

Your profile is set to ultra-private, so what is your definition of cardio?

Are you using a weight lifting program or just running around hitting a random machine that is free?

You are mentioning a ton of general information, but you need to get into the fine details to understand how you aren't getting to your destination.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IsaLifer: first of all congrats for the impressive drop in pounds and inches, which you documented (with pictures) in this other topic. However, it looks like you have a vested interest in promoting the "System" you’ve been using (whether it was developped by you or a third-party), as implied by the money back guarantee. If so, I’d like to draw your attention to the Community Guidelines

Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, spam, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.

Solicitation of Fitbit Community members for [...] sales purposes [...] is prohibited.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long have you been working at losing weight? Honestly, it comes down to basic math- calories in vs calories out. In fact, if you are taking in too few calories your body will go into a starvation mode and hold onto every last bit of water and body fat it can to keep itself alive. This is a machine you live in, you need to fuel it properly. 

What is your weight training like? Are you following a particular plan?

Keep at it, make good choices, and results will follow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes