Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student looking for friends and tips!!!

Hey there,

My name is Shannay and I am 21 all the way from Aus. I have had my fitbit for almost a year now but have only just found the motivation to actually stick to excercising and eating well! Looking for some friends to add to my fitbit as I don't have anyone who uses it regularly. In the last two weeks I have lost 3kg (6lbs) but I am currently working part time, studying full time and in a relationship and I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day for me! I would love to hear your suggestions on how to squeeze in those extra steps (and for you other students out there, how not to snack while studying?) and most importantly looking for some fitbit friends to help motivate and challenge me!
Thanks in advance!!
Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

A busy schedule can really hurt your step count. I've used a few of these tricks in the past. When using flashcards or repitition, do heel raises, March in place or squads. Every so often (every twenty minutes) walk across the room. This gets your body moving and your mind a minor break. 

Best Answer

I'm new to Fitbit and am also a busy college student. I'm scared that as soon as I get back to school my classes, research, work, and social life will get in the way of staying active. I don't know anyone who uses Fitbit so feel free to add me on Fitbit. I would love some friends in the same boat. I could use as much motivation as possible!! 🙂

Best Answer

Oh me too. I'm new as in 4 days with my flex Heart

But I have no idea how I am going to be able to get some steps in

I have an essay due tomorrow so I've been up for my run and showered so i'm at 7000 steps now 

It's so difficult when studying.

I'm looking for tips also. 

Best Answer

@faat_headd @KatKaty   If you folks have access to a stationary bike or treadmill you can study and walk at the same time.  If you aren't living in a dorm maybe you could buy something second hand.   Used equipment was very cheap and available BEFORE the virus but maybe not so much now. I always read on my treadmill.

Best Answer

Thank you so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes