Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to tighten skin after weight loss

ANSWERED

Hi,

At the beginning of this year I was bit a overweight (1.75m, 82.5 kg, male) and decide to start living healthier. Now my condition is very good, I have lost a lot and I am not overweight anymore (lost 15 kgs between February and August). 

However, despite te the slow weight lost I noticed in my face (especially around the eyes when I smile) and on my stomach/belly that my skin is a bit loose. Although I am still losing a bit of weight (now only one kg a month), I was wondering what I can do to tighten my skin and/or prevent loose skin. Does anyone have tips or ideas (nutrition, additional sports)? 

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There’s not much you can do other than let time take care of it (short of surgery, which you’d probably want to avoid): fortunately for you, you are young (28, based on your profile), so your skin is more elastic and should regenerate faster. I’m twice your age, so I face a tougher challenge, but I’ve seen shrinkage nevertheless (I was 75 kg five years ago, and am currently 58 kg). If/when you maintain your current weight for long enough, live an active lifestyle and eat a healthy diet, your skin will shrink to match your new size.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

There’s not much you can do other than let time take care of it (short of surgery, which you’d probably want to avoid): fortunately for you, you are young (28, based on your profile), so your skin is more elastic and should regenerate faster. I’m twice your age, so I face a tougher challenge, but I’ve seen shrinkage nevertheless (I was 75 kg five years ago, and am currently 58 kg). If/when you maintain your current weight for long enough, live an active lifestyle and eat a healthy diet, your skin will shrink to match your new size.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer! So probably it will adjust after some time (I am 29, had to update my profile)? Is this just a matter of time?

Best Answer

This is me in 2016 (65 kg), in pants I had when I was 75 kg (2013):

oldpants_newme.jpg

And this is me in Aug-2018 (58.5 kg):

upperbody_20180824.jpg

Obviously, I haven’t kept all of the belly skin I had when I was 16.5 kg heavier, so skin does shrink over time to match your smaller size, even if you are in your 50’s.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

What a progress! I will than just continue with my schedule! Thanks for your advice!

Best Answer

@aaaaady, I agree with @Dominique! In 2016 I lost about 13 Kg, and a few more after that. I am 64 years old. The tummy and face skin shrank without a problem. The biggest problem for me was on my upper arms. It's not the way it used to be when I was in my 30's, but even that has shrunk some. I did go to the gym and I tried to focus on those specific muscles. I didn't do anything different for my face, but the skin on my face looks pretty firm for my age. No hanging skin there - thankfully! 

Nonetheless, my determination was, and still is, that my health is more important than my looks. So, I'd rather boast with the loose skin on my upper arms than carry all that extra weight at the expense of my health. So, congratulations on your loss. Skin will catch up in time, especially if you work out and keep building your muscles. 

Best Answer

skin tightening is always an integrated approach, it is imperative to have a normal level of bun in the blood to ensure the formation of collagen, of course, you can additionally drink collagen, use external agents such as collagen creams, you can take different "hot creams" such as creams / scrubs from cellulite, oils, etc. so that the skin is warmed up and shelter rushed to it, and sleep and oxygen, this will ensure faster skin regeneration. Massages are just as helpful
if there is a lot of skin, then there is only surgery

Best Answer
0 Votes

This question interested me so I went to DUCKDUCKGO.  It said loose skin regeneration depends on how obese the person was and how long   If the skin was stretched lots for a long time it is a bigger problem.  You might ask better questions of greater interest to you.   Being a healthy weight is so worthwhile  I think the reward of surgery is deserved and could be considered??

Best Answer
0 Votes

DUCKDUCKGO said it doesn't make any difference if you lose weight fast or slow regarding loose skin.  There are some products that are supposed to plump up your skin that are not even expensive.  Ponds rejuveness anti wrinkle cream seems to work. (has a red top)   You can get a little container for about $1.50 if I remember correctly.  I put some on my cheeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes