Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took 4 months to Start Losing Weight

I cannot claim to be an expert but I have read, researched and assisted numerous people both on-line on weight forums and family...

I am only posting following the main topic being an intake of 1,500cals against a burn of 4,000cals as well as a few other threads...

10 years ago my weight crept up to 15s7lbs whereas I should be 14s (look better at 14s9lbs which is what I aim for).

My experience in 2008 was to just 'drop' treats... It was a disaster at the time but thankfully a knowledgeable person supported me. Don't punish yourself or you will revert to the bad ways but in overdrive... We looked at what I was doing, and typically I had an average deficit of 2000cals Monday-Friday and an excess average of 4000cals Saturday-Sunday. In theory I was burning (5x2000) (2x-4000) totaling 2000 deficit per week BUT the starvation in 5 days had my body going into starvation mode, believing food was scarce was holding onto the fat and weight and hen hoarding the weekend... This was the problem... I added calories to the week by taking weekend treats which mean the spread was more even... It took 9 months, but I started to see results...

fast forward to my Fitbit purchase March 2018 having slipped back into my old ways... rather than trusting someone, I knew what to expect... I had messed my body up and the tiredness, weight gaining etc.. showed this. I knew that getting back would mean months of seeing results and even weight gain while my body corrected itself...

I went for maintaining for one month (weight remained the same) and then a 500cal deficit per day ... My weight crept up 1lb initially but dropped back to the start position... I walked more, I added calories to match but it took 4 months before I lost any weight..., 2 lbs... three weeks later I had dropped a further 4 lbs...

My body is working as the Fitbit numbers report I should, but the initial gain and no action would put many off with all the fast action solutions shown out there... Don't drop everything and make a lifestyle change slowly... You want to be happy and healthy, not sad and unreliable...

Happy to offer any advice from experience but would never condone or give advice against a planned healthy plan or style.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@Roj47wrote:

fast forward to my Fitbit purchase March 2018 having slipped back into my old ways...

Don’t forward too fast, we’re still in February Smiley LOL!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes