Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total calorie burn. Fitbit vs Samsung

This is more for interest. Just switched to a pixel watch from samsung galaxy watch. I used to like the galaxy watch, it had a weight management section with total food in - total calories (BMR + activity). My BMR was just under 2000 calories (matches online calculators) and then would burn between 500 to 750 most days on top with 10000 steps or so (it would also give me 300 -  400 calories for a 5km run if I did one). So I ate about 2000 calories a day and deficit would be 500 give or take as total was about 2500 -2750. This worked really well until I ate my way through lockdown.

Anyway, got a google phone and loved the look of the pixel watch (and samsung ditched the weight management feature). Fitbit has the cals in / out feature i loved.

So, both watches on same arm today. About 11,000 steps A few steps out (about 300) for the day which isnt a lot. Calories very different. Samsung by end of play will be about 2700 ish. Fitbit will be about 3500. 

That seems a lot for a bit of walking and people seem to have said fitbit over reads. Anyway, read on here that if reduce height (not bothered about BMI calculation and stride length not affected) can reduce total calories. So i have tried that and it brings them in-line.

Just wondered if anyone else had switched or has similar issues (i tried all the re-set and checking height/weight already).

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0