Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Loosing weight..

ANSWERED
So I'm a teenage girl, age 16. I'm 5' 5" and weigh 165. when I gain weight I can loose it very easy but then everything stops and I say 165. I lift weights and do kickboxing every week. I have done THM and Faster Way to Fat Loss and nothing had helped me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Stallionskywing A study was just completed in Canada published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition   with the subjects all eating the same number of calories.  The group of healthy normal weight 18 - 35 year old adults  who ate more protein had a metabolic advantage  in increased energy expenditure (used more calories) and and had a negative fat balance.  Now they hope to better understand the impact and the effects and how to translate them to people with obesity & diseased groups.  The control group ate the typical 55% carbs, 30% fat and 15% protein.  The experimental group ate a total diet replacement of  35% carbs, 25% fat and 40% protein.  All the people were put in a Metabolic chamber for 32 hours. !!

I do better with my diet effort when I add the necessary amount of a protein drink to have 1/3 of the amount of protein recommended at each of 3 meals, so that protein is spread evenly through the day.  I am more satisfied with less food and less munching all day.   

It is easier to eat fewer calories if you eat more satisfying food with lower calorie density.  Fiber helps too, to make you feel full.  Food is more important than exercise.  People who begin an exercise program to lose weight, eat more and don't lose weight.  All the studies show that.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Stallionskywing  Your diet choices determine your weight.  Exercise isn't a big factor, don't depend on it to make up for a bad diet.  How much flour and sugar are you eating?  You could probably start by cutting those two things out.  Bread can be a hazard.  Maybe sometimes substitute high fiber low carb 50 calorie tortillas for a sandwich.  You only need one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I eat low carbs, no sugar along with no gluten or dairy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would recommend using a Food Tracker....ultimately it's about keeping a calorie deficit regardless of the type of food you're eating. I'd recommend using the Fitbit food tracker or Cronometer. MyFitnessPal tends to be more generous with calories earned via exercise.

Versa 3 | Windows 10 | Pixel 4a 5G | 10K Daily | FitBit Food Tracking
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stallionskywing A study was just completed in Canada published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition   with the subjects all eating the same number of calories.  The group of healthy normal weight 18 - 35 year old adults  who ate more protein had a metabolic advantage  in increased energy expenditure (used more calories) and and had a negative fat balance.  Now they hope to better understand the impact and the effects and how to translate them to people with obesity & diseased groups.  The control group ate the typical 55% carbs, 30% fat and 15% protein.  The experimental group ate a total diet replacement of  35% carbs, 25% fat and 40% protein.  All the people were put in a Metabolic chamber for 32 hours. !!

I do better with my diet effort when I add the necessary amount of a protein drink to have 1/3 of the amount of protein recommended at each of 3 meals, so that protein is spread evenly through the day.  I am more satisfied with less food and less munching all day.   

It is easier to eat fewer calories if you eat more satisfying food with lower calorie density.  Fiber helps too, to make you feel full.  Food is more important than exercise.  People who begin an exercise program to lose weight, eat more and don't lose weight.  All the studies show that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I'll try and see where that gets me!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yess I agree MyFitnessPal is quiet generous and a little odd to me... this fitbit food tracker seems more reasonable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, thank you! I looked at my food tracker and I may need to make some adjustments. I'm eating heathy but quite maybe not the way my body needs. I'll have to play around a bit... Thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because calories is per gram, not cups, spoons, or "about 3 servings per package" - it's all about accurate logging.

And even there US labels are allowed to be upwards of 20% inaccurate.

So confirm the label in your hand matches the entry in the database you are going to use.

And then confirm you enter servings per the gram weight given.

Eaten grams / grams per serving = logged number of servings.

Weigh everything.

If you are using Fitbit to estimate calorie burn for those workouts - it's inflated calorie burn.

HR-based calorie burn is only valid for steady-state aerobic - same HR for 2-5 min at a time. Both those workouts are probably anaerobic, and HR all over the place - result is inflated calorie burn.

Suggest manually log the Weighs from the database - it'll be a smaller reading and that is true.

Kickboxing is there too, but depending on how much you do weekly of that, and how active you are otherwise - it may not matter.

Because 100% inflated burn for 15 min x 3 weekly and you are active anyway is no big whoop.

But if you do 2 hrs daily of it and otherwise through the day have your eyes glued to a screen and non-active - well now it matters.

While you do want to eat more when you do more (and eat less when you do less, life lesson right there for weight management), you need decent figures to confirm you are eating less than you burn by a reasonable amount.

I'm wondering if in the past you got unreasonable for amount of diet and gained water weight.

Did you measure yourself to see if areas were still losing fat? Might be good to do that anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes