Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True weight loss confessions

This thread is for confessing those weight-loss experiences we are too embarrassed to mention in polite company (not saying all y'all aren't polite).  I have several such admissions, most of which I will spare you lest I be ejected from the Community.

I hereby confess that since I've lost some weight, I find myself rubbing my tummy throughout the day to feel the six-pack.  As opposed to the beer cooler that was previously there.

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

I suppose my biggest confession is that in clothing I look pretty good.  Without clothing, well, a 67lb loss leaves a lot of extra skin.  I'm pretty sure the only fix is surgery, and I'm not willing, but it is kind of sad to do all this work and have a body that is better looking in the dark. 😛  It's too bad I can just shrink like a wool sweater!

Best Answer

@MagsOnTheBeach - oh, you had to go and bring up the skin.  I'm the same way, my naked body was made for radio.  The other day, I was admiring my shirtless physique when I realized, wait a minute, those aren't pecs, they're man-boobs!  I was wondering where I was going to get 20 more pounds and now I know.  I'm realizing some perspectives should remain unseen.

Seriously, I gotta believe that some of that skin will tighten up over time.

Best Answer

Ha ha!  I'll have to remember the for radio comment. 😄  

Best Answer

I eat pizza.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

I'm down 30# and I too run my hand over my 'love handles' because they're not so "handle-y" any more.  I love it.  I'm struggling with not becoming too vain. Smiley Embarassed  I also worry that as I lose the next 30#, I'll have loose skin.  I wonder if there's any way to prevent that?

Best Answer

The best way is to be young! 😄 

Best Answer

@JustMieka wrote:

I also worry that as I lose the next 30#, I'll have loose skin.  I wonder if there's any way to prevent that?

@JustMieka -- You could do what I did - gain it all back and then some.  Worked like a charm!

Actually, you'll look and feel so good in your clothes, having some wrinkles will be the least of your concerns.  Seriously, I found the wrinkles diminished over time (before I regained).

Best Answer

I think loose skin is a concern for most of us. I try not to focus on it too much. But it's hard to ignore it completely. 😪 It will be what it will be. Just think of it as a body map of how far you have come

Best Answer

I agree. It will be what it will be. I’ll just do my part by eating well, building healthy muscle and staying hydrated. 

Best Answer

In my case belly skin doesn't seem to be a big problem. Yes, it's there but not to the point I'd be thinking about it as something very noticeable. Could be, because I wasn't extremely obese and according to my past BMI I just crossed the line of obesity. On the other hand, I made myself look older. The skin on my face is a bigger problem as everyone notices that ( even myself ). Well, all I say is get used to it because it won't be any different. I hear that I look older, tired. I'm not any older than I was and I have more energy than ever but the skin builds more wrinkles now and indeed it doesn't look too great. On other body parts, you can build muscles to compensate even a little bit for lost fat but the face is just defenceless 😞

Best Answer

As I've lost weight, there isn't that nice fluff that fills in the cracks of my face, so wrinkles are starting to emerge....

Best Answer

@MagsOnTheBeach. lol.  yes I completely agree. the extra skin makes me look better in the dark. I just try to stay focused on the fact that I’ve lost 80# and am healthier!  If anyone finds a way to get rid of the saggy skin (without surgery), don’t keep it to yourself! 🙂 

Best Answer

I'm just glad with my 130 lbs loss, I feel better. Yeah, the loose skin sucks, but man, so I feel younger and more energetic  🙂

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here wrote:

I hereby confess that since I've lost some weight, I find myself rubbing my tummy throughout the day to feel the six-pack.  As opposed to the beer cooler that was previously there.

Lol! For me it's mirrors. Wherever I go (like a mall) I position myself so I can check myself out in a mirror. I enjoy what I see and think to myself "Wow, I really did it!!" Yep - I've become a mirror addct. Good thread Dave . . . .  

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer

i try to loose wait but it is like every time i try to it's like a holiday comes up and i am like why why me i just want to look like the people at my school what did you all do

Best Answer

@-hannahb- wrote:

i try to loose wait but it is like every time i try to it's like a holiday comes up and i am like why why me i just want to look like the people at my school what did you all do

Hi @-hannahb- !! Welcome to the community. To answer your question, different approaches work for different people as far as weight loss plans. For me, it was pretty generic - I ate less and moved more. My Fitbit tracker told me how much to eat, and did so accurately enough that I saw results. I used aerobic walking and a little bicycling, usually 4 times a week, and counted calories daily and religiously. Most of my weight loss (detailied below in my sig) took place in an 8-month period during 2016, and 2017 was a successful maintenance year. So for me? Put on your Fitbit, exercise, and eat what your tracker says you should = success. 

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer

Sending you virtual hugs.  Being in school is really hard and even harder to eat right, sleep well and exercise.  I thought I'd talk about the Why me?  

Life isn't fair. You will have a friend who lives off of takeout and cupcakes who is rail thin. You will have friends who eat less than you and are heavier than you.  You will have friends who are thinner but have medical issues.  

All you can do is take care of you.  Use your tracker to track calories, fitness, and the nutritional content of what you eat.  I'm going to suggest a book by Judith Beck.  The Diet Solution books are really good at dealing with the why and your best response to give yourself when you have that question. Good Luck!

Best Answer

@tractorlegs actually I noticed it today in the gym that I enjoy seeing myself in the mirror when all the muscles are working 😄 especially when I use the rowing machine I always pick one which is nearest to the large wall mirror. Funny that I realized it just now why I do it. Such a vanity 😄

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@tractorlegs actually I noticed it today in the gym that I enjoy seeing myself in the mirror when all the muscles are working 😄 especially when I use the rowing machine I always pick one which is nearest to the large wall mirror. Funny that I realized it just now why I do it. Such a vanity 😄

Vanity indeed!! But well deserved. 

Best Answer