Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True weight loss confessions

This thread is for confessing those weight-loss experiences we are too embarrassed to mention in polite company (not saying all y'all aren't polite).  I have several such admissions, most of which I will spare you lest I be ejected from the Community.

I hereby confess that since I've lost some weight, I find myself rubbing my tummy throughout the day to feel the six-pack.  As opposed to the beer cooler that was previously there.

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

@Ch59yl wrote:

Don't let the face change stop you from losing the weight. I went from 186 to 159 and stopped after hating on my chin. I gained most of it all back with the mental thought of I would rather look younger/fuller in the face than be healthy/good weight. I maintain 183 pounds for almost 2 years. 15 pounds lighter since Oct. 22, 2017. losing it slowly but surely with no weight gain weeks. First goal 160. Happy for each pound lost no matter how long it takes me.

OH Wow!! I just made a connection, this happened to me but so subtlety I didn't even notice until now. I was a very athletic teenager, ran, played hockey and soccer and football and basketball, some kind of sport daily and I was always running, I had so much energy. I remember people making fun of me because I was so flat chested, maybe the boys were jealous because they couldn't catch me 😉 . I started getting boobs when I reached my early twenties and slowed down drastically...I went from nothing to a c cup...I really liked having breasts, felt great! Fast forward 10 years...I quit smoking, I am at a healthy weight and comfortable with my body, put on 70 Lbs over 4 years trying to quit smoking...took off that 70 lbs over next couple of years, exercising and eating healthy...but my boobs looked like deflated balloons...that was 13 years ago...and since I have put back on 40 lbs...and my boobs are awesome!!! Sounds so silly, but I don't think I kept the weight off because I did not like the way my boobs looked...interesting revelation. I think I'm going to chew on this new revelation for a bit, not sure what it means for me...but I think I would prefer to have boobs...always, and natural ones too, not fake ones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I make my dog go with me on my daily 4 mile walks! She wants to go at the beginning BUT by the time we finish she is all tired out! Could be the heat as I live in AZ. But we go out about 5am to beat the heat. Poor dog! Unfortunately for her she is my service dog so where I go she goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to share!! 

Ok, i am just gonna say it...... I chew cookies and donuts for the taste and then spit them out.  Not daily, not even weekly and only one or 2....but i do it!!  LOL, that felt good to say!!  

Am i the only one???  Please do not judge, some times you just want a little taste but not the calories....

Best Answer

@Andrea10672 wrote:

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to share!! 

Ok, i am just gonna say it...... I chew cookies and donuts for the taste and then spit them out.  Not daily, not even weekly and only one or 2....but i do it!!  LOL, that felt good to say!!  

Am i the only one???  Please do not judge, some times you just want a little taste but not the calories....

I read a short story where a wrestler trying to make weight did this!  I've never done it, but I'm not judging.  I don't think I'd have the willpower.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost 65 pounds and gained 55 of it back! I didn't even know I had gained quite that much weight, and I just found out how much! Ugh so disappointed. Someone made a really hateful comment about my weight, which made me finally get new batteries for my scale. I know i can do it again, but I have so far to go! I am on day one of my low calorie, low carb diet. Day 1! 

Best Answer
You got this! This is a battle that has Be fought every day. I’ve been told you shouldn’t weight every day but for me it is a must. I can see subtle changes in my weight so I can address them before it gets out of hand. I have weighed myself every day for over 2 years. It works for me.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

you have to let somethings go

Best Answer
0 Votes

This made me laugh... and also question my life choices! Why had I not thought of this myself!! Genius!

Terri Taylor
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am addicted to buying gym clothes... I just cant help myself. lol

Terri Taylor
Best Answer
0 Votes