Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twelve Days of Christmas Challenge

December 10

I'm doing a Twelve Days of Christmas Challenge at my gym and thought it would be fun to share with the community.  

It is a cumulative challenge.  Here is how it works.  On the First Day of Christmas, instead of a Partridge in a Pear Tree,  I'll give you an exercise to do.  Not too hard.  On the second day of Christmas, instead of a Partridge in a Pear Tree and Two Turtle Doves, I will give the first exercise, and a second.  On the third day, three exercises, and so on. 

If you miss a day, or see this late and still want to join, you can just double or triple up the missed days with the current day.  For example, if you don't join until day three.  You would do the day one exercise, then the day two exercises, and then the day three exercises all on day three. (You might need to get to a gym for some of these, but a gym isn't required; if a particular exercise is too hard or you don't have available equipment you can substitute something similar, but part of the fun is trying to do them all).

The first day of Christmas is tomorrow, December 11, which is when I will give you the first exercise.  Post here when you finish each day. Lets see how many people we can get on board to sweat a little (just a little) during the last month of 2017! 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
125 REPLIES 125

I'm in 😀

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Sounds like fun!  I'm in too.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Great idea. I'm in!

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Ok, will give it a try. 

Best Answer

Sounds like a challenge more appropriate for Halloween.  Just saying. 🙂

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here wrote:

Sounds like a challenge more appropriate for Halloween.  Just saying. 🙂

Ha — I get it. Twelve exercises.  SCARY.  Smiley Tongue

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

Ha — I get it. Twelve exercises.  SCARY.  Smiley Tongue

Exactly! 

I'm thinking I'm with you guys in spirit.  I'll start with one cocktail and increment it by one every day.  By the 6th day, I should be getting fairly merry.

Best Answer

Great idea! I'm in!

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Love the idea - count me in!

Best Answer

@Baltoscott - thanks for the challenge and invitation to Weekly Weigh-in crowd to join. Count me in! 

Best Answer

Yes count me in @Baltoscott!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

December 11

On the First Day of Christmas @Baltoscott gave to me, a one minute plank. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Do you plank on your forearms or hands?  Just curious!

Best Answer

@Baltoscott, you started with a hard one!  And I guess this means I have got to do a 60 second plank every day for the next 12 days... Yikes! 

(I did mine on my forearms...)

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Julia_G wrote:

@Baltoscott, you started with a hard one!  And I guess this means I have got to do a 60 second plank every day for the next 12 days... Yikes! 

@Julia_G - Right?  See how he is?  Taking a perfectly good holiday and putting pain right in the middle of it.  The Grinch's got nothin' on this guy.

OK @Baltoscott - Here's yer plank:

Plank.jpg

Best Answer

@hi Daves_Not_Here wrote:

@Julia_G wrote:

@Julia_G - Right?  See how he is?  Taking a perfectly good holiday and putting pain right in the middle of it.  The Grinch's got nothin' on this guy.

Plank.jpg

😂😂😂 @Daves_Not_Here - wish I’d thought of that! Well @Baltoscott - I did my best (= modified plank with elbows... and knees!} for a whole 60 seconds! Whew! 🤪

Best Answer

@MagsOnTheBeach - When I started the challenge with my gym last week I was on forearms, but I went ahead moved to hands today.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here wrote:

Plank.jpg

@Daves_Not_Here -- that's only a 30 second plank.  You have to do two of 'em.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Day 1, Plank = done. Not sure how I feel about doing this 11 more times. LOL

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer