Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under target and have calories left

ANSWERED

Is it good if I have more of a deficit in calories each day? I'm burning almost half of what I eat. My settings are set for me to lose 2 pounds a week, requiring me to have a 1000 calorie deficit. But I'm always under that too. Should I lose more pounds this way?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Whatever you do must be sustainable over time. I see from your profile you have just started with Fitbit:

2016-05-11_1000.png

Why don’t you do what you are doing (exercising and eating) for a couple of weeks and see how things go: do you lose the expected weight, is hunger manageable? Remember that what you actually burn isn’t necessarily what your Fitbit tells you, and what you actually eat isn’t necessarily what you counted. There’s a margin of error in both.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Is it good if I have more of a deficit in calories each day? I'm burning almost half of what I eat. My settings are set for me to lose 2 pounds a week, requiring me to have a 1000 calorie deficit. But I'm always under that too. Should I lose more pounds this way?

Best Answer
0 Votes

it is completely fine to not eat all of the calories allotted you each day, that way if fitbit miscounted then you have buffer.

Best Answer

Whatever you do must be sustainable over time. I see from your profile you have just started with Fitbit:

2016-05-11_1000.png

Why don’t you do what you are doing (exercising and eating) for a couple of weeks and see how things go: do you lose the expected weight, is hunger manageable? Remember that what you actually burn isn’t necessarily what your Fitbit tells you, and what you actually eat isn’t necessarily what you counted. There’s a margin of error in both.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

to lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit, however, if you feel hungry, try drinking some water first, as it might just be thirst, however, if it continues, then eat something, doesn't have to be a huge meal

continuously staying hungry is not good for you

for example, my daily calorie allowance is around 1600, and I eat that much, fitbit gives me x amount of calories, usually around 1500 or so, but I don't eat them, as after around 1600 or so by the end of the day, I am still full

if however I feel hungry, then I go and have a snack, something like a Special K bar or 2, small bowl of cerial or something like that, nothing worse that having a large snack just before going to bed, as when you sleep, your body metabolism slows down

somedays I do eat more, like when we have a family meal at a restaurant, I can't ask the waiters/watresses what the calories are for everything etc, so I take those days as a treat, but I do eat in moderation and not stuff my face in, as that was what got me in trouble in the first place 😄 also eat slowly to allow your stomach to tell your body is full

when you go out shopping, take a look at the calories etc, eventually you will start to remember the amount of calories that they have, so when you go out, you can roughly guess how much calories the dishes have, obviously it won't be perfect, due to flavouring, kind of oil used etc, but you can at least have a rough estimate

also look the food up in myfitnesspal, it has a large database of food, I won't say they are all correct, but it will give you a rough estimate

Best Answer

i just eat until i am full\at the calorie limit.

Best Answer
0 Votes