Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmotivated..

ANSWERED

My dilemma-- As much as I would like to lose weight, I'm unmotivated. I have lost weight before but packed the pounds right back on. Can anyone give me any advice for motivation and how to stay on track? I'm wearing my fitbit more often now than I was for a little while, need to stay focused.. My ultimate goal is to lose 100 lbs, to be fit and also to be healthy enough to have a baby. My eating habits could be a LOT better. The candy bowl at work is far too tempting.. Any advice is welcomed Smiley Happy

Best Answer
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
Set small attainable goals, like no candy at work, or take the stairs, or walk 15 min a day. I also reward myself with non food items at milestones. New runners, wireless headphones, a new jogging app. Plan your food and exercise meticulously. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Good luck. I'm down 20lbs thanks to many small changes over time. 85 to go!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@noirkitteh wrote:

My ultimate goal is to lose 100 lbs, to be fit and also to be healthy enough to have a baby. My eating habits could be a LOT better. 

It looks to me that you already have the motivation and also know what is stopping you from achieving your goals. You don't need motivation you need discipline. You only get discipline by doing what you know you are supposed to do, when you are supposed to do it, consistently.

Use the fitbit app or some other app to log everything you eat and drink so you know where exactly you are going wrong. Do your 10,000 steps every day, even if it means getting up earlier or going to bed later. I often find myself out at 11pm walking around the block to get the steps in.

If you eat at a calorie deficit, eat good whole foods, and do your 10k steps, you will reach your goals. Not right away, it took a long time to get to where you are and it will take a long time and effort to get to where you want to be, but if you really do want to achieve your goals there is nothing stopping you.

Best Answer

@noirkitteh I'm happy to see you here in the Fitbit Community, you definitely came to the right place! I know how that feels because even when you want to lose weight, there are so many things that make you stop eating healthy. 

One thing that has helped me, is that I have found a motivation for myself; something that makes me think "Keep Doing it, there's one thing waiting for you" In your case, your baby; the future baby that you want to have, just imagine all the happiness that you're going to feel when you're to see him/her Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8
Set small attainable goals, like no candy at work, or take the stairs, or walk 15 min a day. I also reward myself with non food items at milestones. New runners, wireless headphones, a new jogging app. Plan your food and exercise meticulously. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Good luck. I'm down 20lbs thanks to many small changes over time. 85 to go!
Best Answer

Especially with the warm weather now perhaps you can bribe yourself with a modest treat. We have a 7/11 with a terrific milkshake machine. However the 7/11 is a good three mile walk both ways. See how it works?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@noirkittehYou need to figure out why you want to lose weight then try to stick to it. Motivation needs to come within yourself or you wont be succesful.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@noirkitteh wrote:

My ultimate goal is to lose 100 lbs, to be fit and also to be healthy enough to have a baby. My eating habits could be a LOT better. 

It looks to me that you already have the motivation and also know what is stopping you from achieving your goals. You don't need motivation you need discipline. You only get discipline by doing what you know you are supposed to do, when you are supposed to do it, consistently.

Use the fitbit app or some other app to log everything you eat and drink so you know where exactly you are going wrong. Do your 10,000 steps every day, even if it means getting up earlier or going to bed later. I often find myself out at 11pm walking around the block to get the steps in.

If you eat at a calorie deficit, eat good whole foods, and do your 10k steps, you will reach your goals. Not right away, it took a long time to get to where you are and it will take a long time and effort to get to where you want to be, but if you really do want to achieve your goals there is nothing stopping you.

Best Answer

@noirkitteh I'm happy to see you here in the Fitbit Community, you definitely came to the right place! I know how that feels because even when you want to lose weight, there are so many things that make you stop eating healthy. 

One thing that has helped me, is that I have found a motivation for myself; something that makes me think "Keep Doing it, there's one thing waiting for you" In your case, your baby; the future baby that you want to have, just imagine all the happiness that you're going to feel when you're to see him/her Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@loveabull wrote:

Especially with the warm weather now perhaps you can bribe yourself with a modest treat. We have a 7/11 with a terrific milkshake machine. However the 7/11 is a good three mile walk both ways. See how it works?

It takes about 100 calories per mile to use up that milkshake - that's lots of useless miles,

and lost of unhealthy junk food. With a total of 6 miles, you will accomplish worse than nothing.

Bill Clinton used to jog to the burger joint (and eat a burger) and back, he had a heart attack.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/322554-how-many-calories-do-i-burn-walking-six-miles/

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you like to snack - snack on some lower caloric foods - get some popcorn or healthy snacks - I know I have a desk job - put some fruit at your desk - slice it up before you get to work - be ready when you are tempted - I know it's hard - but if you want it bad enough - you will do it - and most of all - get a buddy system - there are many groups out there !  

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Weight loss is not easy and you did not gain weight overnight, so do not expect instant results. I am using weightwatchers and I have had success with it. Just watching calories did not work for me because I was still eating bad calories.  For example, I would eat a low-calorie granola bar and think it is only 90 calories, but with weight watchers it would be 3 points. Although 3 points do not seem like a lot of calories, on weight watchers it is a 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast. That chicken breast would definitely keep me fuller longer than a granola bar.  

What I have learned is that you must find what works for you and do it. I am also on My Fitness Pal because of the support I get from my group. They make me want to do better and be better. You can do this, just set small goals and take it one day at a time. Tomorrow do not eat out the candy bowl and on your break set the goal to walk 7 minutes of your break.  If you fail, the next day is a new day start again. the key is not getting discouraged when he fall off. We all have bad days and make bad choices, just remember each day is an opportunity to start again. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey and lets be friends so we can motivate each other. 

Best Answer
0 Votes