Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted weight gain

ANSWERED

So this is my first week and I did great I hit my water goals exercise steps stayed in my range but when I got my email for the week it said I gained .1 kg, but at the bottom for my badges it says I lost 3 kg.

can someone please explain this to me. When I stepped on my scale I'm the same weight.  I use a digital scale.  Just a side note I was more active than ever drink more water than ever and journaled everyday.  I'm a little frustrated by this my deficit was 500 so I moved it up to 7:50 for this week. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Marie1128 easy for me to say don't be frustrated- but after one week- you can't be frustrated. with a 500 calorie deficit I don't think you will see tremendous loss quickly (not suggesting you should increase- just manage your expectations). increasing your water is great and will flush out salt and help keep things moving. You may also want to double check to make sure you are logging as accurate as possible your intake. Its really easy to underestimate. Factor in the calories out might be overestimated and you are not actually at a deficit at all. Most important keep going- it will pay off.

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

First of all, one week is a very short period of time to draw conclusions on where your weight is going, especially for a female (impact of hormonal cycle). If you want to establish your deficit really is 500 calories, you would likely need 3-4 weeks for that.

As to badges, difficult to say. You can hover on them with your mouse and will have more info on them. For instance, this is what I see for the 9 kg badge I received today:

2017-02-14_1117.png

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marie1128 easy for me to say don't be frustrated- but after one week- you can't be frustrated. with a 500 calorie deficit I don't think you will see tremendous loss quickly (not suggesting you should increase- just manage your expectations). increasing your water is great and will flush out salt and help keep things moving. You may also want to double check to make sure you are logging as accurate as possible your intake. Its really easy to underestimate. Factor in the calories out might be overestimated and you are not actually at a deficit at all. Most important keep going- it will pay off.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. I didn't expect to see a big number I just didn't expect to stay the same. Are use a digital scale and make sure that whether it's ounces or grams that I am to the exact number a journal every single detail and every single label is inputted as a custom food I'm making sure to eat fruits and vegetables and limits snacks. I did increase my deficit to 750 hoping that I will at least see something next week. And if it's too hard I can always get back down to the 500. Thanks for reminding me that I shouldn't be frustrated and I don't plan on giving up.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer