Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentine's Day to April Fool's Day Challenge!

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

USW - 380

SW - 287

CW - 287 

PW - same

GW - Well, let's just try to break this plateau!

UGW- under 200

Plateau Busting day 6:

10,000 steps between two walks and according to Fitbit it was mostly in the aerobic zone but not in fat burning. Not sure what's up. I've had 1200 calories but it's not enough for my weight. I've burned 3000 with my activities. Need a snack.

I will need to think up a manageable change to my routine to break this plateau, without much risk of injury. Hmm...*gears turning*

Best Answer

This is my first ever challenge since getting my fitbit for Christmas and starting my weight loss journey on 1st Jan, so here goes

USW - 103kg (227pounds)

SW - 96.8kg (213pounds)

CW - 96.8kg (213pounds)

PW - same

GW - 94kg (207pounds)

UGW- 67kg (147pounds)

I am Brave, I am Bruised, This is who I'm Meant to be ... This is Me - Australian,F,41,Fitbit Alta HR
Best Answer

@bethanysmum2002  Welcome to the challenge! How are you liking your fitbit? I found it made all the difference to be able to track my exercise, to know the numbers and improve things gradually. I hope you post often and share any wisdom. Your struggles are welcome also, since you will always have someone here who knows exactly what you are feeling. BTW, you've done great losing 14 lb so far!! 

Best Answer

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW    - 212.4 (1/1/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 210.2 (2/14/18)

LW- 210.2

CW- 210.2

GW- 200.0 (4/1/18)

UGW- 150

Still trying to hit that elusive 200 lb milestone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lost 5 lbs last challenge .  Not enough up and moving.  Especially at work.  Didn't help that I had bronchitis for 2 weeks and my lungs didn't like the idea of exercise.  Took a bit for them to recover. I'm like you Lilac, seems like I just cannot drop the weight.  I need to seriously set down and rethink my meals and walking and exercising.  Easier said than done. Cat Frustrated Will get my starting weight tomorrow or the weekend and have a serious set down with myself and planning. Need to go get my 250 steps in for the hour so my butt isn't plaster to this chair for another hour.  Everyone take care and have a great day today and tomorrow and the weekend.  

USW - 172 (since I started last year)

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - 165

GW - 160

UGW- 140

" I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I use to be"  Joyce Meyer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to join this challenge, please see my stats below:-

USW - 227lbs

SW - 215lbs

CW - 215lbs

PW - 215lbs

GW - 206lbs

UGW- 161lbs

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW- 245.7

SW- 245.7

CW-245.7

PW-248

GW-200

UGW-160

Best Answer

Hi @_Lilac_ I am loving having the fitbit. About 13 years ago I managed to lose 27.1kgs (59.74 pounds) using WW but since then babies, miscarriages, depression and general life has gotten in the way and I put it all back on and more.

I have tried to lose it several times and would lose motivation after a week or 2. I actually bought myself a Fitbit Charge 2 in June last year with the aim of getting my butt into gear but money was tight and within an hour I started to feel guilty about spending that much on myself when we had bills and my daughters needed new clothes and stuff for school so took it straight back.

I was given this Fitbit as a Christmas present and since putting the Fitbit on my wrist it has kept me focused and motivated so far but I still have a long way to go.

I am Brave, I am Bruised, This is who I'm Meant to be ... This is Me - Australian,F,41,Fitbit Alta HR
Best Answer

@bethanysmum2002  Whoever gave you that fitbit for Christmas loves you very much!  Life certainly has a way of getting into our business and not allowing us to reach our goals, but I try to remind myself that they are simply challenges that I can overcome and prove to myself I am dedicated and stronger than I ever imagined. I hope you find yourself proving yourself strong many many times.

Best Answer

Plateau busting day 7:

My intention when we took the dogs to the park was to go walking the trails through the woods, but we entered the dog park instead and I stood around while my guys ran around having a grand old time. I was forced by my faulty brain to take a nap this afternoon but after I rose, I fed the dogs and took myself for a walk. 

I made sure to use large strides, huff and puff, work the arms, avoid the ice and puddles. My fat monster brain considered stopping at the chinese food place but my newer brain scolded the monster, saying, "How can you even think that when you are out here working so hard? Why would you want to completely erase what you are doing to break that plateau??" My feet took me beyond that shop, beyond all the other fast food, and then when I started back I stopped at the only healthy place on the main road...a fruit and veg store. The slogan painted on their window is "Eat Healthy...Live Healthy." I bought two tomatoes and continued to go home. 8000 step walk. 

I've done a bit more than my 10,000. I've had only 1300 calories but burned 3900. I need a snack soon to help balance that huge difference and not under-eat. Ya..that's day 7. Something's gotta budge.

Best Answer

Thanks for setting up this challenge!  Here are my stats: 

SW: 171.5

CW - 171.5 

GW: 160

UGW: 160  

I am being a bit optimistic with the amount I hope to lose during this challenge - but am hoping to stay focused and most of all disciplined!  

Best of luck to all of us!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plateau busting day 8:

I accompanied my mother to my cousin's house for breakfast. She has MS and not able to get out anymore, so we thought we'd go hang with her for a bit. I brought my own food so she wouldn't feel compelled to make me anything. My mom brought her own as well and a special treat for my cousin. I walked a little at the big box store while I waited for a prescription but most of my steps today were not in workout, they were shuffling around doing errands and rearranging a room. No workout. I'm exhausted though. I think that very long walk last night took a lot out of me. I really felt it in my joints and muscles when I was moving furniture around. I'll consider today a semi-rest. My knee and plantar fasciitis are crap today after that. It's such a delicate balance. 

850 calories in, need my last meal. 

Hope everyone is doing great in this new challenge so far. 

Best Answer

Thanks @_Lilac_ for starting the new challenge

USW: 194

CW: 168.1

UGW: ? (maybe 154 it was 164)

Challenge Weight Goal: 160

I have been doing this for close to 5 months, exercise and weight training have made a huge difference for me and being consistent with my eating (not starving myself, eating more protein and eating clean...it makes a difference, I finally don't have the cravings I did). I have a "cheat meal" once a week. 

Good Luck with challenge.

Best Answer

Plateau Busting day 10:

Recap of day 9...I walked the icy roads to the library for writer's club yesterday. That was 4500 steps. It was tough trying not to fall. I can't break a limb! I have officially determined that something in that room is causing cluster seizures so I might not be able to go back. I was hungry yesterday, more than usual, so I thought, "Ohhh...that means that I'm losing and my fat monster brain is trying to force me to eat so I don't lose." I drank more tea and stayed away from food that wasn't part of my meals. 

I've taken up transcribing audio files to make a little money (it is HARD and takes much more time than it's worth) and I got stuck on a 3 hour project last night. That meant I was on my butt for three hours. My daily total of steps was almost 7500. Calories burned about 3000. 

Today...I was down one pound but I am encouraged that it will drop more than that by tomorrow. My belly roll felt smaller and my intestines were full...so we'll see tomorrow.  I walked with Mom at the mall this morning. I explained to her about this pain I've been having on my right side for the last few weeks. I pressed on the area and she thinks it's my liver. GREAT! I have to go see the doctor now. I have taken so many neurology meds in the last 7-8 years, along with other ones, that I can imagine it might be medication damage. I don't drink, I eat really well, exercise, etc...darnit. If I have to come off my epilepsy medications, I'll turn into a zombie. Ok, I won't worry about it too much yet. I'll see the doctor.

I have 5500 steps so far today but I plan on another workout or long walk. Working on it! 

Best Answer

Hi all!

USW 171

CW 168

CGW 163

UGW 155

I’m on limited movement right now as I’m recovering from a muscle tear in my abdomen.  It sidelined me a bit at the end of the last challenge.  So until I can workout again, I’m focused on eating clean, and am dropping my cals from 1700 to 1400.  Hard to do when I’m stuck laying around with a heating pad!  I do tend to eat when bored, so a challenge will help keep me on track.  

@_Lilac_ I sincerely hope it’s not your liver, from personal experience pain isn’t usually the first sign of liver damage.  Trouble urinating, fatigue, trouble with bowl movements, fever, jaundice.  It’s certainly a great idea to have your liver enzymes checks esp w the meds your on, and that’s a simple blood test.  Drink lots and lots of water regardless and keep us posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW    - 212.4 (1/1/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 210.2 (2/14/18)

LW- 210.2

CW- 211.4

GW- 200.0 (4/1/18)

UGW- 150

Taking some time to determine why I am not losing. I CAN lose (it's not a plateau or anything), I know how and what I have to do to lose but when I get a craving and I think of where I want to be, I always give in to the craving and darn the consequences until they show up on the scale and in my empty wallet. My head seems to only be in the game during the planning phase and then it takes a vacation when I need to make the final decision on what goes into my mouth. There has to be a reason WHY I don't carry through - am I too comfortable where I am? am I afraid of something that I'm not aware of? I really need to figure this out as I am not in a healthy place. Anyone else have this problem and if so, how or what did you do to get past it?

Best Answer

@Cele21  Welcome to my world!  I think for me it is in part one of those "listen to your body" things.  This might sound crazy but I have noticed that when I am sticking to my diet meal plan - I swear my cravings get worse when I am starting to lose weight.  It is like my body doesn't want me to lose.  What has worked (when I do it) is to recognize that I am craving something or feeling hungrier because I AM losing weight.  Knowing that often motivates me to not give in. I also read a quote that I try to repeat to myself - "Willpower is like a muscle.  It will get stronger each time you use it".  

Good luck to us!   

Best Answer

SW-184lb

CW-187lb 20/02/2018

PW-185lb

GW-172lb

UGW-149lb

Happy to find this challenge. Have been counting on clean eating and increasing my activity level to 17,000 steps per day, with 2 days of running would result in some weight loss but that is not happening. Just a slow steady increase. So starting today, tracking food to always have at least a 500 cal deficit if not a bit more and to do average 16,000 steps a day. By April 1 I want to be averaging 19,000 steps per day. ! Looking foward to the challenge and reading posts! I find all your posts very motivating.

Best Answer

@Jasmine333  That is EXACTLY what is happening when you begin craving/starving when you shouldn't...because that 'fat monster' inside is fighting you and doesn't want you to lose...but you ARE losing. If I begin to crave and starve for no reason, I wonder and then I realize that I'm losing and I just to drink more water or crunch on celery or whatever to get through it. We need to have stern conversations with that 'fat monster' living inside us. I wanna kick him out altogether!

Best Answer