Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentine's Day to April Fool's Day Challenge!

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Sorry I haven't been around much. I'm trying so hard to make a little extra money to survive, so I'm doing a side job that is taking up lots of time. 

No weight loss, but I'm not surprised. The plateau is kicking my butt, but also, like I said, I have this job that has me on my butt quite a bit. I do go walking but it isn't as consistent and not meeting my daily goal usually. I have to smarten up.

If someone could take over by starting the new challenge on April 1, that would be great. I expect to be in hospital for a bit of April with unreliable internet. I know you guys can keep up the chatter.

Speaking of which, I am no longer receiving emails when someone posts here, so I wasn't aware that there was some awesome progress being made! 

Great going! I'm going to do an official weigh in on Sunday and then get back on the bandwagon and try to break this plateau (AGAIN). See you then!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was stuck for a couple of weeks at the same weight. I got on the scale and was surprised today (thought I'd gained or stayed the same) and I'm a bit suspect. I seemed to have dropped a couple of pounds in a few days?? I was better at watching my food intake and exercise in the last couple of days, had a week of eating some not great stuff (went away with the girlfriends for the weekend, and had a few retirement and other celebrations at work - lots of carbs), so decided I needed to get back on track. I still exercised regularly. I also feel great that I have maintained this new way of living, exercising and eating cleaner for almost 6 months now...the longest I have stuck with anything, I also have "cheat" meals and try to see this as the new way of being so I don't gain it all back. I'm happy none of my clothes fit. My son is into body building and going into his first competition the end of may, so he inspires me and we go to the gym regularly, which helps.

Anyway here's my stats: 

SW 194

PW 162.2

CW 158

UGW 150 (we'll see)

Good luck everyone!

Best Answer

Okay, today is officially the end of the challenge. My plateau is broken because I had a crappy week of eating stuff that I normally wouldn't (but still not super junk food) and I gained a couple of pounds. So, at least I know I'm not STUCK like I had been for so many months. Time to take them off and more. 

Back to basics. I've eaten really well so far today and even though I've been on my rear end a lot doing work, I'm getting up to do a workout. 

I know I asked if someone wanted to start the new challenge because I might be busy, but I am able to do it if no one steps up here in the next hour or so. We'll be all ready to continue tomorrow! I need to get motivation and keep it going. I hope everyone is with me!!

Best Answer

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW    - 212.4 (1/1/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 210.2 (2/14/18)

LW- 210.0

CW- 212.2

GW- 200.0 (4/1/18)

UGW- 150

Okay, I gained two pounds this challenge instead of losing. March was just an odd month for me all around. Bad food choices, not drinking my water, no movement, aches and pains, gloomy weather, etc. I'm looking forward to April being a much better month for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lilac, So happy to hear that you have finally been able to break that plateau. I know how frustrating it can be to do everything you know, and not see any change. You asked if there is anyone willing to start the next challenge. If it's not too late, I'd be happy to do it, or team-up with you in facilitating it. Please, let me know what would be best for you. 

Ellie

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_, So happy to hear that you have finally been able to break that plateau. I know how frustrating it can be to do everything you know, and not see any change. You asked if there is anyone willing to start the next challenge. If it's not too late, I'd be happy to do it, or team-up with you in facilitating it. Please, let me know what would be best for you. 

Ellie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not Home this weekend so cannot weigh myself but last weigh in was 179.5.... and would not have lost over this weekend with Easter feasts:) But I have done b/w 15,000 and 20,000 steps per day so Hope haven’t gained! 

So

SW 186

CW 179.5

GW for challenge was 178

UGW 159 will be healthy BMI but would like to be 145.....so will keep setting short term goals! 

Well done everyone for focussing on your health

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bogdel  I did start the new challenge. It is the April Fools to Mother's Day challenge. I hope to see you there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_, Sorry about that! I also started a challenge called Easter to Mother's Day Challenge. I wish I knew how to remove mine, so that I may join yours. I just wanted to help. 

Best Wishes!

Ellie

Best Answer
0 Votes

END OF CHALLENGE RESULTS

USW - 103kg (227pounds) (1st Jan 2018)
SW - 96.8kg (213pounds) - 15/2/18 (starting weight for the Challenge)
CW - 92.2kg (203.2pounds) - 30/3/18
PW - 92.5kg (203.9pounds) - 23/3/18
GW - 94kg (207pounds)
UGW- 67kg (147pounds)

So I managed to get to my goal - almost 10 pounds gone in that challenge, although my final weighin was a bit disappointing. I have realised that my results may be starting to slow because I have reached the 10% of my body weight loss so may be in for a light few weeks as my body adjusts.

Am definitely signing up for the next one. Since my weigh in I haven't done any exercise as I have been renovating my eldest daughters bedroom and have been painting for 4 days straight!!! Also being so busy has seen my eating habits slip (missing breakfast or lunch here and there and then takeaway for dinner as I am too tired to cook) and the scales are actually showing me my first gain in 5 weeks.

Hopefully tonight the last of the painting will be finished and I can get back to my normal schedule.

I am Brave, I am Bruised, This is who I'm Meant to be ... This is Me - Australian,F,41,Fitbit Alta HR
Best Answer
0 Votes