Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentine's Day to April Fool's Day Challenge!

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Posting my weight for the week. I figured I went up with a 3 day weekend and spending time with my daughter.  Hard to lose weight when my daughter needs to put weight on.  Did more walking than usual so that helped some to keep the weight from going any higher.  Will do better this week as I have a new workout video to try so we will see how well that help.

Every one have a great week.

USW - 172   (since I started last year)

SW - 165.      2/15/18 (starting weight for the challenge)

CW - 167.7   2/20/18  (current weight)

PW - 165.     2/15/18  (previous week's weight)

GW - 160   (goal weight for the challenge)

UGW- 140  (ultimate goal weight)

" I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I use to be"  Joyce Meyer.

Best Answer

Plateau Busting Day ...14 I think?

So, I dropped back down to the lowest weight I'd reached before I'd put on 4 lbs and hit my plateau 6 months ago. That's a bit of progress but it doesn't mean the plateau is done until I get below that number, in my mind. I've been doing lots of steps, intake is still well below what I burn. 

I went to the doctor about the pain in my abdomen. CT scan has been ordered and I've done the blood work. I walked to the doc, back across town to the hospital for the blood work, and then home. 10,000 steps in one go!

As I mentioned, I'm trying to make a little money by doing some online transcribing work. I've been stuck on my butt for several hours each day but I make sure I get out and walk or do my livingroom exercises so I get my workouts. I'm finding myself getting tired though. I might need a rest day very soon. 

When I took the dogs for our walk today, I did a bit of interval jogging. It was good. I didn't hurt myself. That balance is so delicate. I need to build up my stamina a bit but not push my joints too far. 

Alright...off to bed soon. 

I'll be posting SSOOOONNN when I get to that fantastic number. I promise myself, I promise all of you. It will come!!

Best Answer

I feel so neglectful. I haven't posted in three days.

I have been a little overwhelmed with the new transcribing tasks I've taken on. I took a rest day from working out and then didn't get enough steps the last two days because of this stupid job. I'm going to get up off my butt in a few minutes and do my livingroom exercises. Without getting as many steps, my appetite has kind of disappeared, which is handy. I guess my body wasn't triggering the need for as much food. 

I've kind of neglected everything the last few days. My house is a flippin' mess. I think I'll work on that this evening too. I plan on walking the mall with Mom tomorrow. 

So, not much to post. No scale progress but that's not completely expected anymore. I will try to post each day.

Best Answer

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW    - 212.4 (1/1/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 210.2 (2/14/18)

LW- 211.4

CW- 209.6

GW- 200.0 (4/1/18)

UGW- 150

Finally moving in the right direction again. This week's focus: more water.

Best Answer

Soo...I went walking with my mom for three laps of the mall. After I got home, I received a call from my doctor's office saying my blood results were abnormal and I'm to go in tomorrow to discuss it. I have a CT Scan booked for Monday. It makes me angry that when I went in to the see the doc the other day and complained about the pain in my abdomen, she wasn't even going to do blood work. I had to ask for it. She hemmed and hawed and said I didn't look jaundiced so it wasn't necessary. I said I wanted blood work done and she shrugged and wrote up the order. And NOW...something has come back ...GRRRR. I know something is wrong, I know my body...just believe me when I tell you something is wrong. *deep breath*   My daughter suggested that the tests might tell me that there's a reason I'm not losing weight even though I'm trying. Thyroid or something. I hope I get some answers. 

Ok, other than that...I've eaten well today, exercised, I think I'll take a nap. 

I hope everyone has a great day.

Best Answer

SW187lb 20/02/18

CW185lb 26/02/18

GW for challenge 172lb

UGW 149lb.

eat clean.....track food to 1500 cal per day.....keep increasing steps with goal to average 19000. /day by April 1. 

Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

I've been working out a lot and way more hungry...had a few extra goodies than usual. I went up and down a pound....but ultimately down.

SW: 194

PW: 168.1

CW: 166.3

Hang in there everyone...it's a long process. I wish everyone success in meeting their goals.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone.   Only an ounce in weight loss but I had also gone back up to 168 from weigh in from last week.  So losing what I gained and an ounce, I'm happy with it.  Could of been worse. Could of not lost anything or gotten back to last weeks weight. Doing more walking and also finally getting my 64 oz of water a day.  Its a visual thing for me I found out.  To take a large glass or tumbler and fill it with water just makes it harder for me to get down. Give me an 8 ounce bottle of water and I can down it in less than a minute and do it every hour.  Wish I would of done that sooner.  Now it is so easy to drink water that I have to laugh at myself for not figuring this out sooner.  You can also add just a touch of the soda stream flavorings (its the flavorings for making your own soda) to your water and they taste really good.  Don't need no carbonation for that.  Just have to watch some of the flavors. Some do have sugar or carbs in it but the grapefruit and raspberry cranberry are really good. Now if I can just get the watching what I eat down. 

Everyone have a great week.

USW - 172   (since I started last year)

SW - 165.      2/15/18  (starting weight for the challenge)

CW - 167.7    2/20/18  (current weight)

167.6   2/27/18 

PW - 165.     2/15/18  (previous week's weight)

GW - 160   (goal weight for the challenge)

UGW- 140  (ultimate goal weight)

" I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I use to be"  Joyce Meyer.

Best Answer

Sorry I didn't check in last week. I was expecting a great result after having my most active week ever since getting my fitbit with 533 active minutes and over 71000 steps over the 7 days and when I hit the scale I hadn't lost a gram. I had been great with my eating and just couldn't understand it.

This really got to me, I knew that there may have been hormonal reason behind it but last month I still managed a 200g (0.44pound) loss while being a lot less active.

Determined to try and shake it off and not let the black dog of depression that hides in the corner of my brain get to me I continued over the next 3 days and managed 36185 steps including one day of almost 16000 steps - my highest record ever. I was really strict with my calories.

When I did my Monday weight check in (I always check after a weekend) I was up another 500g (1.1pounds). Well that day the black dog got loose. I cried, I sulked, I abused myself every time I looked in a mirror.

But that night I was back out for my walk again, one foot in front of another, telling myself there was a reason, and hey, I am ahead of where I planned to be in my weightloss journey and as long as I let the black dog chase me, my journey wouldn't continue.

So I chained him back up.

Four days later and I am down 2kgs (4.4 pounds). Just shows, your choices are your own. I could have gone home Monday and downed a chocolate bar and said "no, I'm not walking tonight, it's not doing anything for me anyway" but I didn't. I chose to pick my sorry butt up and continue.

I know there are going to be a lot more weeks like this in my long journey ahead. I just need more of the positive voices chasing away that black dog to keep me going.

USW - 103kg (227pounds) (1st Jan 2018)

SW - 96.8kg (213pounds) - 15/2/18 (starting weight for the Challenge)

CW - 95.3kg (210pounds) - 1/3/18

PW - 96.8kg (213pounds) - 22/2/18

GW - 94kg (207pounds)

UGW- 67kg (147pounds)

I am Brave, I am Bruised, This is who I'm Meant to be ... This is Me - Australian,F,41,Fitbit Alta HR
Best Answer

Time to check in. Not a whole lot to report. Eating, walking, did a little jogging with the dog but I have to be super careful with that. I'm sitting a lot at the computer for work but I'm trying to get in my steps or a workout. Not always successful. 

So...I know a lot of people use sweeteners. I've always disliked them. It's the taste but also because they aren't 'real' ya know? They are mostly chemicals that confuse the body. I'm not diabetic so my body processes sugars and I felt comfortable using it in my coffee, etc as long as I wasn't overdoing it with sweets and high carb food that would just make me hungry. My doc told me my triglycerides were high and then started grilling me on any sweets that I eat. She kept asking, cakes,  muffins, candy, blah blah. NO...I don't eat that stuff. And I'd previously been told triglycerides were in fatty meats and especially processed meats. She kept going on about sugary stuff. My blood sugar is great. Anyway, in my concern about my plateau, and then her ranting at me about hidden sugars I *MUST* be eating, I bought some Stevia, which is supposed to be better than the chemical sweeteners. I really can't stand it. It's bitter and overly sweet. I'm just going back to my regular old thing. After researching, they are saying to get triglycerides under control, you're supposed to cut back on sugars eaten. (6 tsps per day for women max). But I don't! I'll even print out my tracked food for her if she really wants it. I hate feeling like I have to prove anything to anyone when I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. 

In a frenzy the other day I moved the living room all around to gain access to the treadmill that was wedged in the corner. It's really a hindrance and I have nowhere to put it, so I've decided I'll sell it. But, before I do, I'm going to get some use out of it. I'll put on a tv show and walk for a bit this afternoon at a good incline. I need the money more than the treadmill when I have the whole outdoors, natural parks, and exercise videos on youtube.

Ok, that's me. One pound down this week. Not sure what's going on. I'm almost in shock. Drinking more hot tea to avoid coffee and that sugar/stevia issue. Haha. Tea is a diuretic for me. 

Have a great weekend everyone!! Move, drink water, and have fun.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone! 

It's been a long time since I've participated in a challenge and my body is telling on me. I lost 30 lbs last year from Jan-Mar 2017. I've gained it all back since then. I quit losing, but it was hot summer time and I didn't feel like stepping up my game. Well, I let nearly a year go by; I can't believe it's been that long. I've still been wearing my fitbit, but my daily average is close to 4000-5000, instead of 10,000-12,000 like it was last May. So, as of tomorrow, I'm officially starting back. My step goal will be 7000 this week and I'll go up 1000 each week or two until I'm back to 10,000 steps per day. I'm also going to start back tomorrow with counting calories. I plan to post on here every 2-3 days, maybe more. I know the encouragement from this challenge always helped me. Happy Losing Everyone!

PS- I'll post numbers tomorrow morning. Sundays will be my weigh-in days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GettingfitinSC  It's good to see you. I hope we can be here to support each other! I'll wait for your post tomorrow for your new start!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @_Lilac_. It feels good just to be back on here. Yesterday went pretty well, but I didn't log in. My fitbit battery just died last week, and I thought I would have the batteries by yesterday. I'm getting them this morning, so I'll start today and make Mondays my official weigh-in. Happy Monday, Everyone!

CSW= 235.3 lbs

PW=

CGW= 229 lbs

Best Answer
0 Votes

SW 187....20/02/18

CW 183.5....2/03/18

Can't weigh myself today as I am travelling....so will go with my weight on last Friday. Thinking after this weekend of being at friend's house with decadent food, wine and no steps the result today would not be good. But I am on my way to a vacation in warmer climate. NOT an all inclusive so that is good. Will be ton of steps, run, bike as not renting a car. I have been focussed also on eating more whole food plant based and did not do that on the weekend so I am feeling very bloated today too and feel like I am getting sick:( I hope not. I need to be able to socialize and stay focussedon healthy eating and getting in my exercise....so goal for this week is to exercise first thing in the morning before social gets in the way! Other is to ave a plan of what WFPB choices to eat before going to a restaurant.goal this week is yo not gain! 

Have a good week all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW    - 212.4 (1/1/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 210.2 (2/14/18)

LW- 209.6

CW- 208.8

GW- 200.0 (4/1/18)

UGW- 150

So I made it back to the gym 1 day last week. I've been experiencing back/hip pain so decided to start VERY slow and see if it helps, once or twice a week treadmill only. I am working on upping my water to the 64 oz. per day that I know I need and only made that once last week. But both of these are better than the week before. Onward and downward!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I'm finally back on my weight loss journey. I got pretty knocked off track with the hurricane and haven't been in my routine for months. I luckily maintained my weight over these past few months which is a huge positive! I've been back to eating healthy for a week and a half now as well so I'm finally in the right head space. 

USW - 201

SW - 166

CW - 166

GW - 155

UGW- 145

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mmt421  Welcome back! Here is to further success!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got that dreaded call from the doctor's office telling me to come in to discuss the results of the CT Scan of my abdomen I had on Monday. Ya, two days. Is that record time or something? The appointment isn't until Tuesday, giving me plenty of time to think up the worst of the worst, get a will written, draft a letter to my life insurance company, etc. Ya, over-reaction time but I've been through a lot lately and I just can't seem to shake the feeling that 'it ain't over yet'. 

I did 11,000 steps over two walks yesterday. About an hour ago I began working on a butt-flattening job that will take a few more hours but then I need to get out and exercise to help with this stress. I'm even having a bit of heart palpitations with this now. I dunno... If they get bad news for you, they should fit you into their schedule as soon as possible so you don't flip out, not make you wait another 6 days.

Ok, enough. Talk to you all soon. Have a great day and move and drink water and have fun. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to post for two days, and I keep getting error messages or a message saying remove this content before posting. What on earth is wrong? Just typing this to see if it will post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_Don't think the worst! Positive thinking helps... I'll pray the visit goes well and that you stay 'sane' in the meantime...

Best Answer
0 Votes