Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentine's Day to April Fool's Day Challenge!

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

@_Lilac_ - actually, not being scheduled for a week is a good sign. If it was something they needed to address immediately, they would have fit you in sooner so most likely nothing urgent. Thoughts and prayers going out for a minor, fixable issue. You are strong, you are getting healthier and you are on top of things. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW    - 212.4 (1/1/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 210.2 (2/14/18)

LW- 208.8

CW- 208.0

GW- 200.0 (4/1/18)

UGW- 150

Best Answer

CSW= 235.3 lbs (March 5)

PW= 235.3 (March 5)

CW= 233.2 lbs

CGW= 229 lbs

2 lbs down! Yay! Hope everyone has a great evening! 

Best Answer

USW - 103kg (227pounds) (1st Jan 2018)
SW - 96.8kg (213pounds) - 15/2/18 (starting weight for the Challenge)
CW - 94.7kg (208.7pounds) - 8/3/18
PW - 95.3kg (210pounds) - 1/3/18
GW - 94kg (207pounds)
UGW- 67kg (147pounds)

I am Brave, I am Bruised, This is who I'm Meant to be ... This is Me - Australian,F,41,Fitbit Alta HR
Best Answer

Hi, Everyone! 

It's been awhile since I've been here. Last year I reached a plateau that I find hard to break. If I could loose just 5-8 lb more and stay there, I would be a happy camper.

Right now, I am at 150.5 lbs (I was 183 when I started back in 2016). I'd like to reach 140-145. I am 5'5". 

For those of you who are interested, I just finished watching a 9 episode docu-series, called iThrive, where a gentleman (Jon) who used to be morbid obese and diabetic walks us through his journey to healing and recovery. It was free to watch on line (after that, they sell the DVDs). I hope you can still get it. The first episode was pretty depressing, but the episodes that followed were worth every minute of my time, as I was exposed to the top-experts in nutrition and reversing disease (particularly diabetes).  Here's the link: https://go.ithriveseries.com/

Best wishes, everyone! I'll stick around and see of I can break this plateau by April 1. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the flu, had to come home early from holiday as feeling dreadful and just had to stay in bed..going on 8th day of fever, cough, congestion and not hungry and NO exercise:( 

SW I think was 186.6

CW182.8

GW for challenge revised to 178 lol:) Hoping I can get back in track and walking and running before then end of challenge!

Seems like everyone is doing well!

Best Answer

Still plateau'd and struggling. The struggle is mental. Stress is getting to me. I have a dental appointment this morning for a check up and cleaning. This always leaves me full-body sore because I just can't relax. And then I go to the doc for the results of the CT scan. We are expecting a massive snowstorm today so I called and asked for my results over the phone. Doctor said she would do that only if they were going to close the office due to the storm. She's made me wait 6 days already since she got the results. I'm getting annoyed. I'm in pain all the time, I can't eat properly and I can't exercise normally. Something is wrong with me and I feel I'm not getting the help I need. My abdomen feels swollen. And the reason she won't talk to me on the phone is because she can bill for the office visit. It's all about the $$. 

Okay, enough complaining. I'm here. I have a warm house to wait out the storm, food in the fridge, a wood stove if we lose power, two great dogs, etc etc. Oh, my son sent me some money for my birthday this week so I'm going to go back over to the YMCA and get my membership back. Things will come together. 

Off to the dentist. I'll be back later...beware. haha.

Best Answer

CW - 93.9kg (207pounds) - 15/3/18
PW - 94.7kg (208.7pounds) - 8/3/18
GW - 94kg (207pounds)
UGW- 67kg (147pounds)

I am Brave, I am Bruised, This is who I'm Meant to be ... This is Me - Australian,F,41,Fitbit Alta HR
Best Answer

The scale went down a bit this week. 

Last week it was 150.5 lbs.

Today, 3/18/18, it was 149 lbs

Goal for this challenge: 145 lbs 

Have a great week everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW    - 212.4 (1/1/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 210.2 (2/14/18)

LW- 208.0

CW- 210.0

GW- 200.0 (4/1/18)

UGW- 150

Too much salty food in the second half of the week.

@_Lilac_ Hope you are doing better! Been thinking of you.

Best Answer

Have had the flu. Finally getting better but the exhaustion and chest congestion hanging on and really interfering with my goal of 15,000 steps a day! Lucky if I get in 5,000. Going for a walk now. Will take it easy and not run til chest congestion all gone. Have not been hungry so have lost a little. Not as much as one would think not eating all day. Wow, do I ever hang on to weight at this age! Tracked my food and many days ate b/w 800 and 1000 cal, just because no appetite. Well lost 1 lb.! 

SW186

CW 181.8

GW for challenge 178

Have a good week! 

Best Answer

@Cele21  Thanks for your thoughts. I'm doing okay. I was probably just freaked out the last time I wrote. 

I just got back from mall-walking with my mom. We did two days in a row so I expect a sore knee later. I cannot wait for it to warm up slightly so we can walk the river trail. The trail is clear but she's not willing to walk if it's really cold. It's currently 10F/-12C with a wind chill of -8F/-22C. Snowstorm coming Thursday and hopefully after that it will warm up a bit so we can walk. 

As for my doctor visit the other day...there's something abnormal with my pancreas. It could be a natural thing so they'll do more tests, including an ultrasound. She said there's nothing different about my lymph nodes so it's nothing "really bad" (aka cancer). The pancreas is on the left though, so it doesn't explain the pain on my right. Doc promises to do the ultrasound of my entire abdomen and if nothing turns up, they'll do a colonoscopy. Geez. So, I'm not as freaked out. At least they are taking me seriously.

No weight change. I'm not willing to starve myself so I have to bump up my activity intensity. I have 5000 steps so far today so I'll do another walk later or do a livingroom workout. 

I'll check in later.

Best Answer

I am trying to lose 4 more lbs.  Lately my eating carbs has been out of control.  Maybe posting will motivate me.

Best Answer

Hi 

Been a couple of weeks since I checked in. Busy with life, work, kids...

I am pleased with my results since I started back in Nov last year. I set a high goal (to loose 2 pounds a week), sometimes I met my goal and most times I didn't. I decided to get real, do this slow and steady. Most weeks I lose, a few times I was up a few pounds, and sometimes I just stayed the same. I tried to tell myself to stick with it, exercising (which has turned out to be the key for me, I've incorporated strength training/body building into my routine), and eating healthy. Though I have had many cheat nights, last week I couldn't believe what I ate, and figured I gained it all back. I didn't. I really struggle with all or nothing thinking. So when I cheated, I told myself to get back on track the next day, and I didn't spend a lot of time beating myself up, which I used to and it was self-defeating. Before I would have kept going and eaten back all the pounds I lost plus adding some. I'm not in a hurry to loose the weight though I have been working on this for 5 months, which is the longest I ever have stuck with anything. I have lost 29 pounds and gained a good amount of muscle mass. I feel good, and healthy. I also have a son that I work out with, which keeps me accountable, as does the Fitbit. 

USW - 194  (5 months ago approx)

SW - 168.1  (starting weight for the challenge)

PW - 166.3  (weight from 2 weeks ago)

CW- 161.9 (this weeks weight)

GW - 160   (goal for the challenge)

UGW- 150  (ultimate goal weight)

Keep up the good work everyone!

Best Answer

I've been doing liver cleansing last weekend, and transitioned into water fasting on Monday and Tuesday. I plan to continue for as long as I can. My goal is to give my body a break from food, so it cleanses and heal itself. Typically, I've been eating a Nutritatian diet for the last couple of years, which, along with exercise, made a huge difference in my life. I reversed my pre-diabetis about a year and a half ago, and I also lowered my cholesterol. However, once I've reached 150 lbs, I found it difficult to go bellow more than a couple of pounds without bouncing right back. I'd really like to reach and stay between 140-145 lbs max. 

This morning I weighed 145 lbs, but I'd like to get lower, so that 145 will be the max, not the minimum. Hopefully, this fast will help me break the 150 lb plateau, in addition to all the other benefits that it provides. 

I will report, in the days to come, how things go. So far, I am feeling great. Since I have done some pre-fast prep work, I don't have any head ache, which most people do when they fast. I drink a lot of pure water, which keeps me from getting hungry. 

Best wishes, everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice progress, @bethanysmum2002! Keep it up!

Best Answer

Day 3 of water fasting.

Still feeling great. Of course, my energy is still low, but my mind is clear. I am trying to rest and spend time reading and meditating. Yesterday I went for a walk - about 4000 steps. I will probably do the same today. 

My weight this morning was 143.8. I know that when I break the fast, some of the weight will come back, but I am at least happy that I broke the 150 barrier that has kept me from loosing any more weight for over a year. 

I decided to break the fast tonight, and repeat this 3-4 Day fast once a month. It has enormous health benefits, as it cleanses the body, and gives it a chance to reset itself.

I've been reading a lot about water fasting lately. There are also some great expert lectures about it on YouTube, for those of you who are interested. Thousands of people have been healed of serious diseases through extended water fasting, including diabetes, heart diseases, auto-immune diseases (i,e, lupus, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.), just to name a few. I've been having some arterial plaque that I was able to move from medium to mild, but I'd like to remove it completely, if possible. Standard doctors say that you can't, but those who believe that healthy food is our best medicine have seen great results in this area, as well. 

I hope you all have a great day today. Be strong, and stay healthy!

Best Answer

Today's report:

PW - 183 (Jan. 2016)

SW - 150.5

CW - 143 - goal exceeded! Praise the Lord!

GW - 145

Today I exceeded my goal. However, I expect to gain some of it back, because part of the factors that contributed to my weight loss was my liver cleansing last weekend, followed by a 3-Day Water fasting. I am happy to have reached my goal. My GI track is still almost empty, as I ate very lightly after the fast (some watermelon, a pear, and some dry kale). However, now that I reached my goal, I decided to lose another 5 lb. So, my New Goal is 138 lb. That's how much I used to weigh when I was in my 30's. I am 64 now. I'm not sure I can reach this goal by Easter, but I will do what I can to keep loosing. 

Today I went to the Rec. Center and waked over 10,000 steps, worked on some of the machines and laid  down in the steam sauna. I was soooooo good!!!

Weather is beautiful in Colorado. I hope that you are all doing well, wherever you are. 

Blessings and strength!

Best Answer

CW - 92.5kg (203.9pounds) - 23/3/18
PW - 93.9kg (207pounds) - 15/3/18
GW - 94kg (207pounds)
UGW- 67kg (147pounds)

Best Answer

Finally feeling better. Got in 15,000 steps yesterday for first time in 3 weeks, so hope back in action and will do between 15,000 and 20,000 every day now....with some running by Easter weekend. Push is on to lose 2 lbs this week to reach my April 1 goal.

SW186

CW 180.5

GW for challenge 178

UGW 145....But will be happy if 155 by end of June:)

Best Answer