Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

@Sarmina  Thanks for the recommendation.  I will definitely look into it.

Best Answer

@Sarmina  Typically I don't do antibiotics but I know about bronchitis as my daughter is very prone to it and has been all her life. I've done all the other things possible but with this virus and haven't found anything that will knock it down.  I'm a big believer in herbs and natural stuff.  But unfortunately when it gets to this stage not much else to do unless you want to go into pneumonia.  I'm 56 and it gets harder to fight off things as you get older.  This virus came on quick.  I usually know when I'm coming down with something so I will start to do things to prevent it.  But has the doctor told me, "it doesn't matter if your contagious or not. This virus is going to get you either way". And the fact that I got bronchitis?  I've never gotten bronchitis before, this is a first. This is one time I will accept antibiotics.

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrotThat is my goal to get one... Hey I was entered in a drawing today at work to possibly win one.. So fingers crossed...lol.

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BobbinycI have been using my phone"some" but crazy me forgets to set the alarm again ... I keep 50 things rolling around in that small brain, and at times I think I hit it again, and later learn, I didn't..lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weekly Weigh-In #2!

USW - 161.6 (12/25/16)

CSW - 153.6 (2/14/17)

CW - 154.8 (2/17/17)

CW - 152.2 (2/24/17)

CW -  (3/3/17)

CW -  (3/10/17)

CW -  (3/17/17)

CW -  (3/24/17)

CW -  (3/31/17)

CW -  (4/7/17)

CW -  (4/14/17)

FW -  (4/18/17)

GW - 146.0 (2/18/17)

UGW #1 - 140

UGW #2 - 135

This has not been a great week for me weight-wise. I've been trying to catch up from my 3-day gain between my two previous weigh-ins, but for the better part of the week my weigh was just slowly creeping up regardless of what I did the day before! Luckily it took a big dip today and I feel like I'm back on track for this challenge. Even aside from weight, this has not been a great week. It was the first bout of exams for the semester and I was extremely stressed out. The stress led to some poor snacking decisions, which probably contributed to my daily weight gain, which in turn made me feel worse. It was a vicious cycle of a week. However, now it's Friday! My exams are done with! The sun is shining! And I have lost weight!

P.S. Hopefully this coming week I will hit my -10lbs mark and I promise that when I do, I will make a post.

Best Answer

Well I almost missed the day of chiming in. I have had an extremely busy morning and am thinking it is going to stay that way through the evening. So while I have a few minutes, I will give my 2 cents of the day... lol. I made my 10 of 10 hourly steps yesterday.. Then I got over 12,000 steps total.. YAY. I was super excited.. Today I am at 7 of the 10(3 more to go) and 9500 total steps..So I should make today with out to much trouble., but I have put some serious effort in to getting a lot before I came to work both yesterday and today. Seems like some days I can make it happen and other days I have the hardest time getting a break for anything. So I will be 4 of my 7 day challenge down this evening. YAY!

I had a Bio-metric screening at work this morning. So I was weighed and had my finger poked..lol. They told me I was an inch taller than I have ever been told..lol. I'll take it..lol. My weight was down almost 3 pounds (even though I can't count it until Tuesday) (Plus a different scale..lol) all in all was a good morning. 

I got back to the office and finished everything Doc wanted done. So one more hour and I am off to do all the lovely things we must do to make your life run..lol. ( groceries, Walmart, etc...lol)

I hope all has a very BLESSED weekend. I am PRAYING to do good over the weekend. That is where I tend to over do it....

Best Answer

Hi Everyone

Here's my Friday weigh-in for this challenge.

USW: 224.5 (07/06/16)

CSW: 167.5 (02/14/17)

CW: 165.5 (02/17/17) -2.0

CW: 163.0 (02/24/17) -2.5

CGW: 155.0 (04/18/17)

UGW: 155.0

Another good week....it's amazing how many calories you can burn by chasing a 2-year old around the playground!! 🙂  The unusually warm weather helped keep me going but now we are back to reality with the crummy weather. 😞  It doesn't look like I'll be getting a lot of steps in this weekend with the stack of work I brought home that needs to be done by Monday.... 😞

Oh well, I'm getting closer to my goal so that will keep me going. I need to stay motivated to do my walkout videos every morning no matter how tired I am. I've been having trouble sleeping so that is not helping the situation. On the positive side, I have FINALLY!!!! made it to the "normal" BMI range.  With today's weight my BMI is at 24.1 to that is extremely encouraging! That's what I need to stay focused on.

Have a good weekend everyone and stay focused on good health!

Best Answer

USW 218 (9/13/16)
CSW 183 (2/24/17)
GW 170 (4/18/17)

Best Answer

An entire day of no report from ME! Are you in shock?

I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday but I had what I think was a migraine. I had no energy to move but took the dogs walking. My eyes were crossed the whole time and had to wear a hood to block the sun. I was chilled (on a warm day), my whole body ached, nauseous, and I slept for hours in the afternoon. It was so unlike me that I thought there might be something seriously wrong. My daughter reminded me that my head is always bad when my 'visitor' is in town because my epilepsy is hormone driven. Ahhh, ok, I get it. 

My sister dropped by after she was done work and invited me over for the evening. Went to her house and just hung out. Her son was curled up on the couch sick. My mom came up from her apartment...sick. Her husband is sick. Great!

So, I had just that one walk with the dogs. I'm about to go out and get some steps. Feeling better today but still have a bit of headache. I can't let this get to me. Need to move to get energy. Keep on keepin' on. Everyone keep on keepin' on and we'll feel so good we did. 

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Would hate to see Fitbit go out of business because it might not make sales targets. It's new initiatives might not be enough to keep it afloat. Doing a survey to see about modular Fitbit components for the different form factors. Core components don't change however their housings and straps/bands change in style and colors from chic to masculine, and everywhere in between. Making stylish housings and bands can ensure steady repeatable earnings. Priced right, people would buy different styles for 39.99 each or thereabouts. Pop out the core component or eg. The charge HR and pop it into their stylish band for an evening or into their rugged band if they are working outdoors hiking or otherwise... you get the point. Curious what are your thoughts. From a fellow fitbitter.

Best Answer

It's not weigh in day, but I wanted to share- I got my -15 lbs badge! Also, I hadn't thought about it this way, but I no longer have 100+ lbs to lose. I've said I need to lose over a hundred lbs for so long that I missed that mile stone when I passed it! I 'only' need to lose 94.1 to be at my UGW! 

Best Answer

@Tybokitty oh yes, I totally understand. If it's already serious then take antibiotics for sure. I just meant in case its something you can deal with to first try naturally since doctors often prescribe antibiotics for almost anything. Get well soon!

Best Answer

I forgot to post my weigh in. 

Valentines to April 18
USW 208 (5/22/16)
SW 169.8 (2/14/17)
PW 171.8 (2/21/17)
GW 159.8 (4/18/17)
UGW 158 (5/22/17)

Well, I'm not off to a good start.  Hopefully this week will be better. 

Best Answer

@GettingfitinSC

Huge accomplishment busting through that over 100 lb thing.  In a couple weeks it will be only 80 something and you will get your 20 lbs lost badge.

Way to go.

Barbara G

Best Answer

@Truefreedom  Something very useful would be an extension band to convert to ankle size when not using hand only feet.  I bought a large which both ankle and wrist after I added  an extra slot to fit my wrist.

Barb

Best Answer

@_Lilac_

Hope that you feel better soon.  My friend had migraines from hormones but after menopause they diminished and then disappeared.  Also estrogen is stored in fat cells so losing the weight may also help but I'm not sure about that. 

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

Good for you losing so much 2 weeks in a row.  Even with a pile of paper or computer work you can take a 5-10 minute walk break each hour to send more blood to your brain. 

Congrats for moving into the normal BMI range!

Barb G

Best Answer

@HeartBiller

super cool down 3 lbs!!  All that stepping is helping.  Stay strong over the weekend.

Barb G

Best Answer
I end up attaching my charge HR to my shoe laces when on bike rides

Ken
Best Answer

I took the dogs for two walks today and I did a 45 min treadmill walk. Got all my steps after having my sick day yesterday. Oh, and I didn't get credit for many of my steps on the treadmill because I wasn't moving my arm. Forgot to put my fitbit elsewhere, a spot that moves. Sigh. I am feeling much better but still tired. 

Mom is really sick so I doubt we are going walking tomorrow but I will adjust and find activity. 

It's time for bed. Hoping to sleep in a bit! 

Have a great Sunday all.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer