Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

CSW- 211.4 (2/14/17)

LW- 210.2

CW- 209.8

GW- 202.4 (4/18/17)

UGW- 150

Best Answer

Just caught up on the weekend posts.

Congratulations to everyone who hit major numbers this past week!  You are all so inspiring and motivating and rock stars!. Thanks also to those sharing the bumps and roadblocks - it wouldn't be a worthwhile journey without them.

Best Answer

Sigh. Not a great week, weight-wise, but an awesome week step and motivation-wise. I'm spring cleaning in and among all my work, and it's going well. Plus, I have a kick-**ahem** group of people I'm doing weekly and weekend challenges with. They keep me moving!

USW (12/2016): 195

CSW (2/14/2017): 180.8

PW (2/19/2017): 180.2 (-0.6)

PW (2/26/2017): 178.4 (-1.8)

PW (3/6/2017): 178.1 (-0.3)

PW (3/12/2017): 174.8 (-3.3)

PW (3/20/2017): 172.6 (-2.2)

Current weight: 172.2 (-0.4) [BLAH!]

GW (4/18/2017): -13.5 (167.3) (4.9 pounds in 3 weeks)

UGW (?): 145-150ish

Weekly Exercise Goal: (2 HIIT sessions) None (also blah!)

Okay, rededicating to my exercise this week. I did get a lot of steps and such last week, but it was so busy with kids and work and my wife's medical stuff that I didn't get anything properly done. This week? I make my exercise goals, not just my steps! 

Best Answer

USW- 160 lbs (January 8, 2017)

CSW- 150 lbs (Valentine's Day)

CW - 149 lbs (02/20/2017)

147 lbs (02/28/2017)

145.4 lbs (03/06/2017)

144.4 lbs (03/13/2017)

142.6 lbs (03/20/2017)

142.8 lbs (03/27/2017)

GW- 140 lbs  (Tax Day)

Mini-Goal: 138 lbs (Healthy BMI)

UGW- 129 lbs (Middle of healthy BMI range)

Oops. 😞

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

USW (1/1/16) = 315 lbs
SW (2/14/17) = 240 lbs

(2/20/17) = 238 lbs -2 lbs

(2/27/17) = 234.2  -3.8 lbs

(3/06/17) = 232.4  -1.8 lbs

(03/13/17) = 234.6 +2.2 lbs

(03/20/17) = 226.6 -8 lbs (-13.4 lbs)

THIS WEEK - (3/27/2017) = 224 (-16 lbs)

GW (4/18/17) = 229 lbs (-11lbs)
UGW = 160 lbs

Guys... I got my 90 lb badge this week! This is definitely the lowest I have been in about 15 yrs. It's so exciting yet so unfamiliar that it makes it a tad scary. I was just above this weight when I got married 5 years ago after losing 70 lbs. After the wedding, I gained it all back (and then some). This time I'm not doing it for the dress or for an event. I'm definitely not giving up this time. I still have a lot to go and am feeling still motivated in this process. Here's to a new chapter!

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 11.42.37 AM.png

Best Answer

Happy Monday to all!! Well I can't say it was the best weekend, but I was glad to have it off. My boy was sick Friday and had to come home from school early, but thankfully I believe it was more allergies than anything. Saturday he was feeling much better. I had a severe headache from the middle of the night Saturday night and all day yesterday. Nothing seemed to give me any relief, but thank God today it is not near as bad today. My "monthly" visitor sure can make life hard on me at time.

Well tomorrow is my official weigh in day. I am so hoping to see at least some kind of loss. I have not gotten my steps in this weekend. Things have been a tad rough. But I am trying very hard to do better food wise and now I can get back to working harder at getting the steps in.

As of last Tuesday I had 6 pounds to lose before this challenge is up. So I really think it is doable if I can get the mindset back to where it needs to be. (I am beginning to sound like a broken record) I know I have said this over and over. (SORRY). I am going to do this. I have to just keep telling myself.

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed Monday! Tuesday is on its way, (weigh in day) (Woman Wink) (Lord please let me see some good results)

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

@TT_is_meWOW... I mean WOW. That is all I can say. That is one AMAZING accomplishment you have done there. I would so LOVE to get that badge one day. I haven't even set my ultimate goal that low, even though I should have. However "IF" I make it to my ultimate goal that would be 85 pounds so I would really like to get to 90 to give wiggle room. BUT hey first I got to reach for that 50 pound badge..lol. Again Major congrats to you! That is truly a major accomplishment.

Best Answer

congratulations @TT_is_me !!! That is a huge accomplishment!!  I can't imagine what that feels like, although I can see why it would be scary, too.  I'm sure that you can keep it off, since you probably have more tools than you did before. And I'm thinking maybe more determination?  Anyhow, thanks for inspiring me!

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

@Bobbinyc AND supportive challengers,

I'm trying to attach the Foxtrot video that was created by my son. 

Hope you like it. Well it won't attach cause it is in .MOV format. Grrrr.  It is posted on my Facebook page at Barbara Goodridge with a photo with my son. I live in Sebastopol, CA. 

Sorry I really wanted to attach it but #%#&^@!## technology didn't cooperate with me.https://www.facebook.com/barbara.goodridge.5 should get u to my page. Click lower right corner of video to make it screen size so you can see it.

Best,

Barbara G

Hit 144.6 to squeeze into the ballroom gown costume.

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

This is all going horribly wrong!

USW - 154 (12/30/16)

CSW - 138 (02/14/17)

PW - 138.4 (02/19)

PW - 136.5 (02/22)

PW - 138.4 (02/28)

PW - 137.3 (03/11)

PW - 136.9 (03/16)

CW - 137.1(03/28) 

GW - 130 (04/18) - unachievableSmiley Sad

UGW - 125 (summer?)

@_Lilac_ - way to go!!!! Well done on your very impressive perseverance!

@TT_is_me - well done to you too!!!!  You must feel on top of the world!

Everyone else seems to be doing really well as well.  I need to have a strong word with myself and kick start the weight loss again.  I had been doing so well at the start of the year.  I am managing to meet my steps goal each day now, but haven't been logging food like I used to and I know I have been giving in to too many snack cravings of late.  I have been getting very little sleep and that makes it easier to give in.

I just need some discipline, haha!!!!

Best Answer

Well today has been my third day in a row at 150.0 exactly! I'm really anxious to get to the point where I see a four in the tens place, but I guess today isn't the day for that. That being said, I would much rather stay here than be where I've been. I hope everyone's days are going well!

I have a mini-win to share! I have been working on fixing my diet while still enjoying things like ice cream (from time to time). It's been difficult because when I do indulge, I tend go overboard. However, yesterday was the first time I had ice cream in a couple weeks but my weight didn't increase today! I'm getting closer to finding that balance between when I intake treats, balancing it with more exercise.

Best Answer

@TT_is_me  YAY!!! What a wonderful badge! You've done such an amazing job. Your achievements help all of us keep on going. 

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Well it wasn't what I had hoped for, but hey it is a loss so I will take it. I can tell I am still retaining water since my rings are tight today and they normally swing around freely. So I count that as hope for later in the week. However looking at the time we have left and how I have been doing, it is not looking so good for me. That in itself should be motivation enough..lol.

Two of my grandson's are going to a coronation on Friday, so I spent last night going from store to store to find something for them to wear. Boy that was fun. My daughter was shopping with us and she had 5 kids with her. So imagine the fun of all this with 6 kids.(3-10 yrs olds, a 9 yr old an 8 yr old and a 6 yr old) I wasn't sure I was gonna make it through the evening...lol. Then after all the shopping we went to Wendy's to get them something to eat. (They have $1.99 Happy meals right now) and that was even more fun. lol. Shew I am so glad that is not my daily task., taking care of that many kids. I told them I guess I was getting to old.. lol. After my daughter and I went separate ways to head home. My husband calls and says he needs some oil for his car, so I had to stop at Walmart. When I got out of the car it was raining. So being all smart like I am I got the Umbrella and popped it up and was walking around the car to get my grandson out and the wind completely turned my umbrella upside down. It folded it up backwards. So it was pointless..lol. We got soaked to the bone. I just threw the umbrella away since the wind had caused it to break all the prongs when it folded it backwards. So to say the least it was an eventful evening. The kids drove me crazy. Mother nature soaked me good. But all is well I made it through the night and actually found the boys some clothes and got the oil so I guess that was a win too.

I guess it is time to get this day started on the work flow, so I hope you each have a wonderfully blessed day!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs April 25th 2016
02/14/17 - 167.2 lbs -  Starting this challenge weight

02/21/17 - 168.2 lbs - Gained 1 pound 

02/28/17 - 164.8 lbs - Lost 3.4 Pounds 

03/08/17 - 164.0 lbs - Lost 0.8 pound 

03/15/17 - 164.0 lbs - Stayed the same

03/21/17 - 164.0 lbs - Stayed the same

03/28/17 - 163.0 lbs - Lost 1 pound

04/04/17 -

04/11/17 -

04/18/17 -

Challenge Goal Weight 158.0

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrotWOW! I watch your dance. It was amazing. You looked so beautiful and danced amazing! You must be so proud. You looked amazing in your dress! That is true inspiration!

Best Answer

USW= 235 (Christmas 2016)

CSW= 224.3 (Valentine's Day 2016)

PW=214.8

CW= 216.4 (+1.6 lbs this week)   😞 

Total lost since Valentine's Day= 7.9

Total lost since Christmas 2016= 218.6

GW= 210

UGW= 125

38/F/5'0"

😞 Not much to say. My excitement about last week's 2 lb loss has disappeared. I weigh every day, so I knew it wouldn't last. The very next day, my weight was back up. Last weigh-in day was just one of those peeks at where my weight will be. 🙂 I know I'm about to have a monthly visitor, so I'm bloated. Plus, I'm tired for the same reason as well as sick from allergies, so I haven't been getting my steps in and I've indulged more than once in extra snacks. 

Ok, enough excuses...gotta get to work and get that weight off. My monthly visitor will just need to join my on my walks and eat healthy with me. 🙂 My goal of 210 is possible, not likely considering my average weekly loss, but still possible. I'm going to give it a try anyway! 

Best Answer

@Ava_  Remove 'unachievable' from your vocabulary! It is achievable! Perhaps at an adjusted time frame, but definitely achievable. I have never gotten that close to my goal weight, so I don't speak from experience, but I believe, the closer you get to your goal, the slower the weight comes off and in smaller increments. You're pretty close to maintenance stage, so be proud of what you've accomplished and the lifestyle changes that you have made. Keep working and the rest will come off! 🙂  

Best Answer

Have been checking in on everyone's posts and big congrates to all of you!!

Its been an bit of a varied week this week. Some days I have just not been able to get my steps in whilst others I have totally done it and some.

But if I have not got all my steps I have been to all my classes and in the body conditioning class and the legs, bums and tums I upped the weight I am using by another kilo as the small weight I was using just did not feel like I was holding anything at all. I am really noticing the difference in weight - but I am also noticing that I now have muscles where I only had flabby thighs, calves and arms before so it is worth the pain ; lol

I also had a session of softball training this weekend. The start of the outdoor season looms ever closer and I have spent time this week getting my team organised. Considering they range in age from 16 - mid thirties I find it hilarious that I as a 52 year old will be their starting pitcher! I don't think we will be winning anything this year but we will give the other teams a run for their money and we will have a giggle to be sure lol

So to the numbers for this week

USW 191

CSW 179

GW April 161

GW May 154

CW 173

I was very happy to see a lose this week and again it is a weight I have not seen for a while. I am so close to 168 - the next big bracket - that I can see it!! So, lots more of the same I think going forward.

Have a great day people 🙂

Best Answer

Someone explain to me how a body can gain 300 pounds while sleeping. I awoke and was still in bed, feeling like I was being pulled into the mattress extra hard...did some astrophysical phenomenon quadruple the Earth's gravity suddenly? I lifted myself to my feet with tremendous effort and (while cross-eyed)  let the dogs out. They seemed to have no ill effects from the gravity issue since they danced down the hall and out the back door! 

Mom didn't want to go walking. It snowed about 3-4 inches so I'm happy to stay inside. I have some projects to work on here. 

I did four loads of laundry yesterday (clothes, blankets, dog blankets, towels) and took one short walk with the dogs. I am fighting off yet another cold so that must be why I'm feeling like the Earth wants to swallow me. 

Funny story time...Mom and her hubby came to get me for our walk the other morning and I told them I'd gone up the street the night before without my fitbit and I'd had to return to get it. Mom laughed and said she forgot her fitbit on the charger that morning so she'd have to manually put in her steps later. Then she said she'd forgotten another item (a bag). Her hubby leaned over to look at her closely and asked, "Did you forget your teeth?" I laughed and laughed, but apparently she does do that. She has only two or three teeth on a partial and she forgets sometimes when she goes out. 

@HeartBiller  I hear ya about your swollen fingers. My feet and fingers are swollen. I had a handful of bits and bites, and just that amount of sodium sends me over the edge. I am soooo affected by it. Today will have to be a 'flush day' ...water water green tea water.

Alright, off to catch up on my craft projects. Keep up the fight, everyone.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

survived the dentist!  2 1/2 hours arg! (so had a DQ blizzard for supper) little over my #'s but not too bad.  I did get over 6K in steps, which isn't bad cause it's still raining here and working full time.  Gonna shoot for 10K goal today and stay in my calorie range.   

My dream is to be at my goal by Summer with the slow steady - don't put it back on theory,  got about 12LB to go... but trying not to get hung up or depressed if I don't loose or fluctuate,  Need to learn to maintain!  

OK that's my day,  hope everyone else is doing well  - Heart

Best Answer

To those of you that are winning the sodium battle and staying under the recommended intake amounts, my hat goes off to you, I don't know how you do it. I think some of these TV chefs, food companies, cooking shows, cookbook authors and restaurant cooks should be charged with assault with salt in the 3rd degree for the amount they add to their foods.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer