Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

Hi all,

Made it back to 145 from a couple days up at 147.2 

Phew, down to my last 10 lbs. to my UGW. Need to look up what my goal for this challenge is. Ooops GW was 142 for April 18 eeek.

Started at 149.2 got down to 145. today so 144 or 143.4 is probably where I'll be on 4/18 if I pay close attention and have 2 fast days in there. We will see but I'm sure glad that I'm going down. 

Going to see my young friend dance in a SF competition. 

I had a great dance lesson this morning and came home to wash clothes and eat.  I had kale and chickpeas in a Marsala sauce. Yum. Well back to the laundry since I need to leave to watch a SF competition soon.

Have a great day.

Barbara G

Best Answer

@GettingfitinSC- I'm playing catch up tonight, and I may see another post from your later on, but 2 pound gains overnight is almost always water.  It can be sodium or sore muscles from a strenuous workout.  Okay, it could also be that you ate 2 lbs of food and it hasn't left you yet, but hey, it's pretty much always water.  You should actually just eat normally and take in plenty of water.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

USW - 363 (3/9/16)

Valentine's Day Weight 259

Sunday1 - 257 (02/19) 257.5 Target
  Sunday2 - 256  (02/26) 256.0 Target
  Sunday3 - 253  (03/05) 254.5 Target
  Sunday4 - 253  (03/12) 253.0 Target
  Sunday5 - 251  (03/19) 251.5 Target
  Sunday6 - 248  (03/26) 250.0 Target
  Sunday7 - 248  (04/02) 248.5 Target
  Sunday8 - (04/09) 247.0 Target
Easter Day Goal - 246

- 0 lbs

After hitting milestone last Sunday I went a little crazy with the cheat day ( 8k calories & 13k mg/salt) and felt bloated as could be. I checked in at 256 on Monday, 254 on Wednesday and 251 on Friday. I drank a ton of water and tried to keep my sodium around 2k/mg per day during the week. Long story short, I am happy for the 0 and am looking forward to next week.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

For this week, I am officially NOT a losing loser who loses. SIGH. I had a very bad week: sick, lazy, hungry for junk food ALL the time with no willpower whatsoever. The result should surprise no one.

USW (12/2016): 195

CSW (2/14/2017): 180.8

PW (2/19/2017): 180.2 (-0.6)

PW (2/26/2017): 178.4 (-1.8)

PW (3/6/2017): 178.1 (-0.3)

PW (3/12/2017): 174.8 (-3.3)

PW (3/20/2017): 172.6 (-2.2)

PW (3/27/2017): 172.2 (-0.4)

Current weight: 173.1 (+0.9) 

GW (4/18/2017): -13.5 (167.3) (5.8 pounds in 2 weeks)

UGW (?): 145-150ish

Weekly Exercise Goal: (2 HIIT sessions) None—in fact, only one workout at all.

Feeling some better, but just depressed and blah. My wife is sick and chemo and cancer and spring colds don't mix, so I'm doing a lot of caretaking that I don't usually need to do and the kids have been unusually crazy and... I just want to spend a week in the gym and forget the rest of my life, you know? But there's no time to do that, and really, I'm having a hard enough time getting my step goal met (missed it twice this week).

Gonna try to kick my rear in gear and get going tomorrow (actually hoping to work out tonight after everyone goes to sleep. Healthy food, exercise, making time for the stuff I want and need to do for myself... I can do that, right? The next week is a wash—brother- and sister-in-law are coming to visit with their little one, so it'll be hard to work in workouts, so I need to maximize this week and hopefully lose a bunch of the idiot-weight I just gained in the last five days.

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

Here's this week's update. 

USW: 224.5 lbs (7/6/16)

CSW: 177.0 (12/23/16)

CW: 176.5 (12/30/16) -0.5 lbs

CW: 173.5 (01/06/17) -3.0

CW: 171.0 (01/13/17) -2.5

CW: 169.5 (01/20/17) -1.5

CW: 169.0 (01/27/17) -0.5

CW: 168.0 (02/03/17) -1.0

CW: 168.0 (02/10/17) -0.0

CW: 165.5 (02/17/17) -2.5  First weigh-in for this challenge.

CW: 163.0 (02/24/17) -2.5

CW:  159.0 (03/03/17) -4.0 

CW:  156.5 (03/10/17) -2.5

CW:  154.5 (03/17/17) -2.0

CW:  152.5 (03/24/17) -2.0

CW:  153.0 (03/31/17) +0.5

Goal Range:   150.0 - 155.0

I was surprised to see a small increase as I didn't change anything during the week so I'm chalking it up to water weight and not dwelling on it. I'm right in the middle of my range so I'm good. 

This weekend however has been a different story 😕.  We went out to dinner Friday night, my husband made a delicious dinner Saturday night which of course I ate too much of, and today we went out to lunch and because they messed up our order they gave us each a piece of chocolate cake as an apology which I ate after we got home. 😥  Good grief!  

Oh well. This is the first time I've gone completely off the wagon since I started this journey 9 months and 71.5 pounds ago, so I'm just going to get past it and start fresh tomorrow. 

Have a great week everyone! 😉

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrot

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

You are such a smart, supportive, caring person.  You deserve the very best.

I hope this birthday is a very wonderful, joyful one that brings you a year of great health, laughter, wonderful dancing, exciting adventures, and dreams that come true.  And goals met!

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

I managed to consume fewer Calories than I burned every Day this Week.  My Average Intake has been 1,231 Calories; my Activity has burned up 1,308 Calories with another 884 burned the rest of the Day resulting in an Average Net "overburn" of 961. 

I'm almost at the Challenge Goal now.  Although I still expect some ups and downs between now and then.  At least I hope so.  Right now, my Average is 2.3# lost / Week and that's too fast.

I'm not really depriving myself as if I were on a "Diet."  The increased Activity is the primary source of my Weight Loss.  Although I have eliminated Sweets (other than my Nightly Mini Candies) for the most part and I've cut way back on "Grazing" and just eat 3 Times a Day now with almost all of my Calories consumed during Lunch.  My Fat and Sodium are still not fully under control.  But I haven't (& won't) given up my Meat and Taters.  I just have to eat smaller portions. 

However, if I can continue to go down at 1½# / Week, I should be able to reach my 150# (current) UGW around 01 May which will give me time to assemble a new Wardrobe for my trip to Scotland on the 13th.

28 July 2010 - PW - 280.8  BMI 51.4  (My highest known.)
06 June 2016 - USW (in FitBit) - 216  BMI 39.5

14 Feb - CSW 173.0  BMI 31.6
20 Feb - GW 171.4 - PW 171.0  BMI 31.0
27 Feb - GW 169.6 - PW 168.2  BMI 30.8
06 Mar - GW 167.8 - PW 163.8  BMI 30.0
13 Mar - GW 166.0 - PW 165.8  BMI  30.3
20 Mar - GW 164.2 - PW 160.8  BMI 29.4
27 Mar - GW 162.4 - PW 160.8  BMI 29.4
03 Apr - GW 160.6  - CW 156.8  BMI 28.7
10 April - GW 158.8
17 Apr - GW 157.0
18 Apr - GW 156.7

13 May - 1st UGW - (but still not a "Healthy" BMI) - 150

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer

@_Lilac_, when you get those Photos, do post them in here.  I don't know about you but when I look at Photos of me, I look depressingly fat.  Even in the Before and Mid ones.  But the encouraging comments from friends here and elsewhere do help me look at the Photos more closely and I can see a difference! Woman Happy  I just still don't like how I look now!

I'm having another Mid Photo taken today.  I'll probably post it next Log in.  Unless I delete it in disgust.  (I know, I'm the Pot calling the Kettle Black! Woman Wink

Best Answer

USW- 160 lbs (January 8, 2017)

CSW- 150 lbs (Valentine's Day)

CW - 149 lbs (02/20/2017)

147 lbs (02/28/2017)

145.4 lbs (03/06/2017)

144.4 lbs (03/13/2017)

142.6 lbs (03/20/2017)

142.8 lbs (03/27/2017)

GW- 140 lbs  (Tax Day)

139.6 lbs (04/03/2017)

Mini-Goal: 138 lbs (Healthy BMI)

UGW- 129 lbs (Middle of healthy BMI range)

I met the goal for this challenge, so I'll just keep going for a little longer to see if I can hit my personal mini-goal, which is a healthy BMI.  I'm only two pounds away...  Also, this week I earned the 20 lb loss badge.  WOOT!

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

@BLLingg, you should be proud of your journey!!!  I am a grazer, and lately I have been out out control!!!!  I have gained 5 lbs in a month!!!!! I am back on track today, and when the next challenge starts, I will be joining it.  I refuse to gain any more weight!!!  

Best Answer

@debb21   You were not alone!!    was fighting a major slump!  but I'm back on track too,  Got the same theory, not to gain any more.  

Did have to revise my goals for this challenge.  Thank GOD I lost 1.5 last week..Got me in line to keep going.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight  196.6

Starting weight for challenge: 152.7

CW:  April 2:155.6

Goal for April 18:  151

UGW  143  (and maintain!!! 142-146 range)

it was a nice weekend, no rain! so able to do walking and lots of yard work - so my bod is sore from the raking and cleaning of the flower beds.   Looking pretty!   

Have a great day and week.  (we are to get storms all week - so going to do some inside work if I can't get my steps in)....

"Everything is a gift of the universe--even joy, anger, jealously, frustration, or separateness. Everything is perfect either for our growth or our enjoyment." Ken Keyes Jr.

Best Answer

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

CSW- 211.4 (2/14/17)

LW- 209.8

CW- 209.2

GW- 202.4 (4/18/17)

UGW- 150

Hope everyone has a glorious day!

Best Answer

Good morning to all. It is a new day and a new week in our challenge. (I have to keep telling myself this..lol.) @dancefoxtrot Thanks for you vote of confidence, oh a apparently a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY is in order. I seen where you were wished a happy on yesterday! Hope you had a wonderful one.  

I did not do too bad over the weekend. Since I am a "daily weigh-er"..lol. I am slightly disappointed that I had seen a number on Friday morning and then on Saturday morning it was gone... I was sad, but eager to get back to it. I know that means it will be here soon. But all the same at least it is moving downward. SO tomorrow will be my official weigh in on the "official" scale..lol. So I am expecting to see a loss according to the home scale, so I am getting excited about that.

The Coronation with my grandson was super cute. Seeing all the little kids dressed up and hearing their dreams for when they get older was so cute.

@TravellingSunnyMajor congrats to you for hitting your goal early! I am gonna have to step it up to even be able to meet mine at all..lol.

@em.kz  I have the same issue. I have a lot of back flab. I am sure more than you do..lol. but all the same I completely understand how you feel.

@_Lilac_Well mine is not my knee...BUT I have developed what I believe is muscle pain in the back of my leg. I have tried a couple different things and not much relief. Of course I haven't talke to "MY" Dr. but I do work for one..lol, So he was telling me it could be a side effect of one of my medicines I am on. So I am going to have to discuss this and see about going off the medicine a short time to see if it could be the cause. Who knows... It has to always be something..lol.

@A_Lurker  It was nice to see you pop in. We miss your words of wisdom!

@RachelShrinks  I so understand your pain. It seems to be my daily struggle. There is never enough time to take care of everyone/everything and ourselves. We just tend to put ourselves on the back burner more offend than anything else. I am so guilty of this as well.

@BLLinggI have to agree with you on not liking what we seen in pictures. I have several family members who keep telling me how small I am, and yes I enjoy hearing that, but when I look in the mirror or a picture, I do not see that. I guess from being almost 50 pounds smaller is a big difference, however when you still have a minimum of 35/40 pounds to go and then would still be considered overweight. It seems like when you see your self, you are still way to fat..lol. Sorry just a personal observation of myself.

Okay, enough for now... Tomorrow will be my weigh in day, so I am hoping for tomorrow to be a happy day! As for now...lo, I am going to try to get some of this mess off my desk..lol. Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

3/29/17 SW for challenge was 158.6 lbs

4/3/17 CW is at 158.8 lbs

No improvement, ended up eating rather terribly Saturday. We went to Rooster's for my uncle's birthday which I tried my best with a veggie sub but ended up sharing some appetizers. Then we went to Red Lobster for date night before my fiance heads out of town for a business trip. Let's just say everything was delicious and dessert was included lol. That being said I am back to counting calories and making my exercise a priority. I am hoping to see my weight rebound in a few days once the monthly visitor arrives. The week or so before is always my heaviest. (Sorry if that is TMI but it is a trend I have noticed). Hope everyone did a little better than me this weekend. Hope to share some good news soon with actual weight loss. 

Best Answer

I have two updates for y'all!

Update 1: I have a new goal! My goal is to lose 15 lbs by the end of this semester, that way I can say that I lost rather than gained the "Freshman Fifteen". This entails me getting below 147 lbs by May 17th. I am nearly positive that I will make this, so it's more for bragging rights and pride I guess, but I'm still excited.

Update 2: This update pertains to the swimsuit I mentioned in my last post. I decided to try and buy the next size up of the swimsuit top so that I wouldn't be as conscious about my back flab. However, they are completely sold out online and this style is not available in the stores. Other than the back issue, I really like the way the suit fits me so I guess I will keep it as a motivation tool and I will have the confidence to wear it this summer. I didn't spend that money for nothing!

Best Answer

@HeartBiller  These sore knees and leg muscles and injuries and illnesses are tests. They are to test our resilience and adaptability. So, if my leg hurts and I need to rest it then I need to do it and change my food or do something else to accommodate. There is no giving up! 

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Went walking with Mom this morning.  It's approaching seizure days so I had some minor head incidents after getting home and they make me super tired. I went for a lie-down with the dogs and after a bit they went insane so I knew there was someone at the door. 

Fedex. Ok, my daughter mentioned she might be getting a pkg. Nope. It was for ME! I looked and it was from Fitbit. Why was fitbit sending me something?? I opened it to find a very nice, generous gift from fitbit with a card saying they'd reached 10 year anniversary and I was a longtime/good member so I got a gift! Wow!!! I was (and still am) thrilled. If I could give Fitbit a big hug, I would. 

Time to make lunch. Baseball season starts today! There is a televised game of our team this afternoon. Guess what I'll be doing? 

The sun is out, things are melting a bit. Good day so far!!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

@_Lilac_I know exactly what you mean regarding these aches and pains.. I have muddled through this muscle issue for about a couple months or longer. It started in my arm, but it was right after we got a new exercise machine that worked the arms, so we thought that was it. Then it went to my leg which was after we got the glider, so we thought that was it...lol. Now it is just staying in the leg regardless of if I use the glider or not. So the Dr. I work for says one of my medicines has muscle pain as a side effect. I kind of dismissed it due to the fact that I have been on this medicine for 10 years. BUT he has informed me that it can occur at once even though I have been on it so long, SO I guess I will suck it up and ask my Dr. about it when I go next week. Of course that will mean more blood work for her to check, which is always an added expense and I try so hard to get around those. Oh well, I still walked for 38 minutes this morning. I HAVE TO GET TO MY GOAL!!! lol.

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

USW (1/1/16) = 315 lbs
SW (2/14/17) = 240 lbs

(2/20/17) = 238 lbs -2 lbs

(2/27/17) = 234.2  -3.8 lbs

(3/06/17) = 232.4  -1.8 lbs

(03/13/17) = 234.6 +2.2 lbs

(03/20/17) = 226.6 -8 lbs

(3/27/2017) = 224 lbs

THIS WEEK - (4/2/2017) = 224.5 (-15.5 lbs)

GW (4/18/17) = 229 lbs (-11lbs)
UGW = 160 lbs

Well I slipped this week. Little less exercise than normal. Little... well... lot more food than normal. I fell into some emotional eating this week that I am still trying to avoid this week. I also just avoided tracking calories this weekend. Poor choices all around but I'm gonna get back to it this week. 

Best Answer

My numbers went in the wrong direction this week! Thankfully they're coming back down but since I use a weekly average it doesn't show. This was also my weekend to measure, the legs are getting smaller, and the rest mostly stayed the same.  Now that the weather is nicer I'm getting a lot more walks in, so hopefully I'll see some results from that soon.  So far the only result is my back hurting a lot. The pain has been waking me up the past few days.  :-(. I'm hoping that's just temporary.  Anyhow here's where I'm at:  

USW - 207.5
SW - 196.3 (2/13/17)
PW - 197.3
PW - 196.9
PW - 196.7
PW - 196.4
PW - 195.7
PW - 195.8
CW - 196.7 (4/1/17)
GW - 189.9

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer