Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

@BLLingg your weight loss and perserverance is inspiring !  Almost 110 pounds lighter than your highest weight!  That is pretty impressive!  Also, I hear you on the 'once I am home, I am home'.  I love being 'in for the night' even if it is middle of the afternoon when I announce it to myself 😉 so it does feel good when you make the effort to get back out there.  

Fitbit has become my master, haha, and keeps telling me to move!  ...and drink more water!!

Best Answer

Ahhhh...17,500 steps and I'm exhausted. I'm in my recliner and I don't want to move! The dogs are going to have to fend for themselves for the evening. My water aerobics class felt like a really good workout but when I checked later, my heartrate didn't seem to be up to snuff in fatburning and aerobic zone. Not sure what's up with that. Maybe the waterproofing and being in the water isn't allowing the heartrate to be tracked properly. Doesn't matter. It's 50 min of constant activity and I know I'm working. 

I look forward to my lazy evening. I just need a dog sitter now.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

It's been awhile since I posted.  I got discouraged because I wasn't losing anything and I thought I was working hard at it.  I'm back up though.  Have rethought my eating and my steps and am ready to begin again. I never posted my Feb 14th weight, so will do my stats now.  Nice to be back.  Love the posts.

(Starting Weight)  Feb. 14     168

(Current Weight)  Feb. 20     166   -2 lbs

Goal Weight for April 18th    155

Best Answer

USW= 235 (Christmas 2016)

CSW= 224.3 (Valentine's Day 2016)

CW= 221.2 (-3.1 lbs!)

GW= 210

UGW= 125

38/F/5'0"

A big drop at the beginning of this challenge! I'm thinking it may stay here for a week or two though. I did that the last time I dropped a lot in one week. Either way, I'm excited about this weight loss...just a little more and I'll be out of the 220's! 🙂 

Best Answer

USW (6/19/16) = 204 lbs
SW (2/14/17) = 192

CW 2/21/17) = 194

GW (4/18/17) = 192

UGW = 155

@Bobbinycthank you for your words of encouragement. You're right -- maybe I should focus on other goals rather than the weight right now. Moving more it shall be.

Although my Fitbit is out of commission at the moment (plastic piece on the back fell off, so I can't charge it), I did a lot more walking with the pups over the weekend. I also had a rousing game of fast-walking tag in the choir loft at church with my gentleman friend's young son while dad was setting up next week's music. A new Fitbit is on the way, and customer service was excellent.

Best Answer

Well I did not do very well this week. Won't lie and say I am not disappointed, because I am... However I will pick myself up and do my best to do much better next week. I really want to meet this goal for several reasons. BUT I am not off to a good start. I will make myself a challenge for this week.. the next 7 days to get my 10,000 each day, ( I normally do not) Also I am going to challenge my self to get on her at least once a day and post. That way it keeps me accountable. I am going to make myself do better.

Thanks to you all for such inspirational posts. They are what helps motivate me.

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs April 25th 2016
02/14/17 - 167.2 lbs -  Starting this challenge weight

02/21/17 - 168.2 lbs - Gained 1 pound Woman Sad

02/28/17 -

03/07/17 -

03/14/17 -

03/21/17 -

03/28/17 -

04/04/17 -

04/11/17 -

04/18/17 -

Challenge Goal Weight 158.0
UGW - 125.0 lbs

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

@HeartBiller  YOU can do it!  I had a bad week last week, finally had a sit down with me myself and I, and with the Challenges -  got a better outlook, so this week is much better.

Sometimes we just need to step back, to go 3 forward...  

You're doing GREAT! and you are a great inspiration--- Woman LOL

Best Answer

@Gayle1018Thank you so much for your kind words. You do help keep me motivated with offering me the little challenges.. (not that I do very well at them..lol) But I enjoy them. I really have to get my mojo back... I had it but for the past two months I seem to have lost it. I am hoping today will be the day I get it back..lol. I am telling myself if I have to stay up til midnight walking n the treadmill, I am going to hit these steps!!! Weekends are so hard for me.. I do not hardly get any steps on the weekend which you would think would be opposite. We try to spend part of Saturday with our mothers.. Visit mine a while and then his a while...lol. Both our dads are gone to be with Jesus... Then Sunday is church in the morning and then visiting kids/grandkids and then church in the evening... It can sure make for a lazy day. I have to change up that routine and get my steps in. hopefully spring will be soon and we can get back to walking outside.. (I HATE COLD WEATHER...LOL) I would die if we had anything near what some of the others on here get...lol. I should be thanking the Lord we do not have snow like that here..lol.

Best Answer

This past week was a difficult one. I'm up a pound to 182.6. My body is achy from all the extra activity so I dialed it down over the weekend to hopefully not be so stiff. Valentine's and a friend's birthday luncheon did me in as far as food is concerned. I've thrown out the things I need to avoid so hoping to be back on the right track.

Best Answer

I did water aerobics again this morning and when I walked in the door I immediately leashed the boys up and took them for their walk around the neighbourhood. I have this huge, long, impressive active section on my fitbit activity graph. I need another 3000 steps today so I'm trying to think where I should go or what I should do. I have something in the oven so I have to wait til that's done before I leave the house. I feel like I need to get going though. Maybe I'll just walk 20 min in a direction and 20 min back, huh? The issue is sidewalks. I want to keep a good pushed pace, so it'll have to be without the dogs. Ya, I think I'll do that. Maybe break at McD's for a coffee at the mid-point.

Alright, got a plan. Hope everyone has a great day and stays true to their own plans!

Best Answer

Not much movement on the scales this week but my fat % is down a little so I'll take it.

F/35/5'0"

USW: 174 (03/15/16)

SW: 114.8 (02/14)

CW: 114.7 (02/21)

GW/UGW: 112

Best Answer

oops - Girl scout cookies followed me to my desk! so, if I don't eat the rest of the day and walk 3 miles, I'll be OK!  

darn temptations!   At least it's still nice out, so put the tennis on and grab the pup..  Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

Well it doesn't always happen (since I have a desk job) but I did manage to MAKE myself get my 250 steps each hour for 10 hours straight so far today.. However that plus a 35 minute walk before work has only got me up to 6000 steps.. So I have some making up to do this evening. We still have 3 patients left here and then I have to rush home to get my boy, He has basketball practice this evening.. SO HOPEFULLY after I get back home I can push myself to do the glider or treadmill to finish up my steps... I WANT THE 10,000!

I hope all is having a wonderful day! I will be back tomorrow to tell if I passed or failed my challenge to get my 10,000 steps in today!

Best Answer

@HeartBiller What do you do while your little guy is at basketball? Do you sit and watch? Is there an opportunity or space for you to get some exercise there? Maybe a back hall where you could march or walk? Out in the neighbourhood?

Best Answer

Had to make an almost midnight run to the supermarket last night for a neighbor.  While at the register, I noticed a man pacing quickly before checking out, even though the clerk was asking him to hurry because it was closing time.  He looked self-conscious when he got behind me, but we both cracked up when I said "gotta get those last steps" and pointed to my fitbit. 

In the library this morning I watched a woman with a big armload of books in one arm, other arm at her side, and trying to keep a toddler in tow without holding his hand.  The books hit the floor as the toddler ran off.  I started helping pick up the books and then laughed  - asked her is she was wearing an exercise tracker.  We both cracked up - anything to get those steps!

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

@_Lilac_ (yes, myself) ARE YOU NUTS??

Since my last post a few hours ago, I walked toward McD's for a coffee. 20 min walk exactly. It was so busy that I refused to stand in line that long for a coffee. I continued walking and walking and found Wendy's. I got a half salad and chicken sandwich 'to go' and turned around to return home. 75 min walk total!  I'm at 16k steps. I was definitely tired when I got home.

Now, I'm having an issue. Two weeks ago I was easily hitting over 4000 calories burned daily. That was while walking the mall and taking the dogs out. For more than a week I've noticed that even on very active days (like today and yesterday), I'm barely breaking 3300. I'm worrying that the fitbit isn't tracking my heart rate properly. I was working hard in the pool and on my walk tonight. I had started putting it into my sock at my ankle. Maybe it is registering a lot of steps but not the heart rate? I'll put it on my wrist again tomorrow and see if that works. I have my daughter's charge2 here so I could do a comparison. Anyway, I'll figure it out.

Phew. Tired but feel good that I was off my butt and working hard. Mom went to jury duty and was told the case is likely to take 8 business days. The court is downtown so we are going to meet at the library for her lunch break. That means I'll go to water aerobics, take the dogs out, walk downtown. Another big day planned! 

For my evening I have two dogs in my lap and I have crocheting granny squares on my mind. That's the life!

Best Answer

@Bobbinyc  I've been in our big box store (not sure what they are called there..Sam's club or something? Ours is Costco), waiting for meds at the pharmacy, and decide to do laps of the store while I wait. So up and down each aisle, around the perimeter, etc...ANYTHING to get those steps!

Best Answer

@_Lilac_ Well I hate to say but I do just sit and watch. This is an upward bound team that only last a couple months. They don't like us to leave because they are small kids... K- 3rd grade... we are in a gym with 4 teams practing at the same time... so I guess maybe it isn't lack of self confidence or something that keeps me from walking the edges of the gym ... 😩. It isn't a big gym and I guess my thought would be these kids would think I was crazy... I know when I type it, it just sounds like another excuse... it's raining right now but maybe next week I'll ask the coach if I just stay outside the gym would it be okay to leave him. Things like this is exactly what I need to make myself do.... thanks for helping me see where I can improve... I sure need all the help I can get. 

Best Answer

@HeartBiller  Ahhh, I feel like such a jerky taskmaster! I didn't mean to sound critical or anything. I hope you took my post as a query and friendly suggestion. I know you've been searching for ways to get in your steps and you sit all day at work. I think you are doing great, stepping every hour and being aware of what you need to do. If I had small kids, a full time job, errands, etc etc, I know I'd struggle greatly. Three cheers for you!

Best Answer

@GettingfitinSC - I went from never hitting 10,000 steps to eventually never not hitting 20,000 steps in what felt like a fairly short period of time.  Overall though it did kind of wear me out, especially if I had a slow day at work and come home needing to do 15000+ steps.  It also became a bit of a time suck, with me letting some of the chores I should be doing lapse.  You know, especially some of the chores that didn't get me lots of steps.  I had a number of days over 25,000 and then I called it quits.  I'm back to aiming for around 10,000 and slightly higher for the month of February.  I'll decide in March if I want to ramp it up a little.  In the end it's what works for you.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer