Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 calories left for the day on the food screen is wrong

Trying to figure out why this is happening on my husband's fitbit.  Currently the difference between calories out and in is 1601.  He has his deficit set to 750 so it should show 851 left for the day, but it is showing 1331.  That would represent a deficit of 270 which isn't even a valid choice and way off what he wants.  Any idea what is causing this?  Mine is working fine, the numbers always add up right.

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Can ANYONE from fitbit help?  I am trying to explain this to an agent and she doesn't even seem to understand how the app works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible that it is calculating his calories burned and adding the back in? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think so.  My app is working correctly.  Calories out - calories in - my deficit (500) always comes out to calories left for the day.  I even changed my deficit to 750 and it recalculated correctly, so it's not doing the wrong thing for everyone.  I just can't find or think of anything in his profile that would cause this.  The deficit it is allowing for isn't even the same all the time or one of the choices in the settings.  Calories out - calories in - calories left for the day should always equal the deficit, if there are some calories left for the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really upset that nobody from fitbit seems interested in helping with this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msdalereynolds   This is a user to user Help site.  You posted this question on the Versa 4 forum.  This forum is aimed at Versa 4 device issues.  I don't use this feature, so I can't give any advice.  I'm moving your post to the Manage Weight forum.  It still might not be the right place, but it is a better fit than this device forum.  Can you add a screenshot of his Food Log? It might help another user see what you are seeing and make sense of it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I had no idea about the different forums!  I have seen what I thought was fitbit employees commenting though.  I can't include the screenshot, the file is too big and I don't know how to downsize it.

Best Answer
0 Votes