Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted: An Accountability Buddy!

Hello all!

My name is Jennifer and I've had my fitbit for a few months now.  I've been trying to be heatlhier and healthier each day for a while now (however, I do mess up often by eating junk food but lately I've been just getting right back on the horse and trying again!).  My biggest issue now is waking up early enough to exercise on weekdays.  I'm a 2nd year law student so most of my daytime is taken up by classes and schoolwork so, if I don't work out in the morning, I probably won't work out at all that day.  I started seeing a personal trainer a few months ago and he's helped a lot but I only see him once a week.  I was hoping to find a friend, like a pen pal, to talk to about becoming healthier and losing weight with.  We could keep each other accountable and motivated!

As far as what I'm looking for in an accountability buddy, I'd like someone who is around my age (I'm 25 so mid to late 20's is preferred).  I'd prefer female over male but I wouldn't mind a male accountability buddy (it's just that us girls can relate to how difficult losing weight can be with all our femine hormones and added pressures from society!).  Beyond that, as long as the person is kind and has a sense of humor, we'd probably get along.  

A little bit about me:  I'm a 25 year old law student (as mentioned above haha) living in NY.  My birthday is June 23rd (so for all you zodiac lovers I'm a Cancer on the cusp with Gemini!).  I'm a very creative person--I love music and drawing doodles.  I also love to laugh!  I am very happiliy taken for almost 3 years now.  As for exercise, I've been running outside and doing various strength training.  I think I'll be switching to spin classes once it gets too cold to run outside anymore.

Well, that's about it!  Please respond here if you want to be my accounability buddy! 🙂

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

I am Angela.  I am 36 yo police fire and ems dispatcher in Wisconsin.  I love your idea of an accountability buddy.  Sounds great!  I could use someone to bust my chops when i'm not getting my full steps or cheating to much on calories :).  I am looking to lose approximately 15 more pounds.  (Get rid of my dispatcher butt - all the unhealthy eating I did on lateshift for 4 years).  Hope this message finds you well and keep up the good work!!

Ang

Best Answer

Hey, I'm Kim, and this sounds like a wonderful idea. I also would love to have somebody who could keep me in check. I'm 28 and currently working as a barista. Spending most of my day on my feet I find it hard sometimes to keep the motivation up for working out before or after work (I work all different hours depending on the day) and having somebody to cheer me on or to kick my butt when needed would be so helpful. 

Best Answer
Accountability buddy sounds like a great idea to me! As a 26 year old business owner (and sole employee), it's hard to find the time to meet up with friends or family members that can help keep me on track. I'd be more than happy to help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Jennifer,

This sounds like a great idea! I've also had my fitbit for a couple of months and I tried to use my fiance as a accountability buddy but it turns out he is a bad influence. I also used to have a dog that I would go on walks with but we had to put her down and it has been hard for me to get out and walk by myself.

I'm 22 years old and I work at a credit union where I sit for most of the day.

Also I'm a HUGE late night snacker and I know it is my downfall so I always need help with that.

I'd love to help you out and give eachother tips.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi All

I got my FitBit Few a months back as well. My job requires that I sit a lot! I like having FitBit friends to motivate me to move!

God luck! I'll send some friend requests, and feel free (anyone else later posting) to add me.

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Jen, I have a 7 day clean eating group that starts on Monday October 20th.  I will give you all the tools you need to stay on track. Shopping list,  Menu with reciepies, Daily exerice challenge,  Daily accountibility and support.. My challengers have had a lot of sucess with them. my last group everyone that followed it lost 4 to 8 lbs which is very exciting...If you like to join we love to have you!!

It's a private group on facebook so we need to be friends...fb.com/roberta.ritzendollar.

The group is open and it's called "Get Fit For Fall"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jennifer

i am a 35 year old female, with 4 kids, but loads of spirit. if you would like to budduy up with me, I would be more than happy to help.

A bit about me. I want to lose 35kgs. I work in childcare, just started new contract. I live in Wollongong NSW, Australia. I just lost my mother in September, so am trying to cutback on the alcohol 😉 I do however keep to a pretty healthy diet of late, most lunches are raw vegies and yoghurt. Dinners are normally meat/fish/poultry with salad.

In past week has seen me step over 70000 steps.

In support

Bec

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Woman Very Happy

My name is Yarelis (everyone has a hard time with my name), I'm 25 years old... but who's counting! I'm a receptionist at a hotel in pennsylvania & my job requires me to stand in the same spot for like 8hrs, it sucks!

i think your idea is genious! I've been trying to find someone who can understand how hard it is to loose weight when most of your day is spent standing in one spot & when I get home all I want to do is rest my feet. I have alot to loose, about 75lbs.... and I've been stuck at 195lbs for many years! It's safe to say I need a friend!

@jencanteven wrote:

Hello all!

My name is Jennifer and I've had my fitbit for a few months now.  I've been trying to be heatlhier and healthier each day for a while now (however, I do mess up often by eating junk food but lately I've been just getting right back on the horse and trying again!).  My biggest issue now is waking up early enough to exercise on weekdays.  I'm a 2nd year law student so most of my daytime is taken up by classes and schoolwork so, if I don't work out in the morning, I probably won't work out at all that day.  I started seeing a personal trainer a few months ago and he's helped a lot but I only see him once a week.  I was hoping to find a friend, like a pen pal, to talk to about becoming healthier and losing weight with.  We could keep each other accountable and motivated!

As far as what I'm looking for in an accountability buddy, I'd like someone who is around my age (I'm 25 so mid to late 20's is preferred).  I'd prefer female over male but I wouldn't mind a male accountability buddy (it's just that us girls can relate to how difficult losing weight can be with all our femine hormones and added pressures from society!).  Beyond that, as long as the person is kind and has a sense of humor, we'd probably get along.  

A little bit about me:  I'm a 25 year old law student (as mentioned above haha) living in NY.  My birthday is June 23rd (so for all you zodiac lovers I'm a Cancer on the cusp with Gemini!).  I'm a very creative person--I love music and drawing doodles.  I also love to laugh!  I am very happiliy taken for almost 3 years now.  As for exercise, I've been running outside and doing various strength training.  I think I'll be switching to spin classes once it gets too cold to run outside anymore.

Well, that's about it!  Please respond here if you want to be my accounability buddy! 🙂

Best Answer

I'm also looking for an accountability buddy. I actually do really well at meeting my step goals and getting lots of exercise (living in a walkable city helps), but keeping my eating under control is what's hard.  Would love to have someone to hold me accountable for my calorie totals - that's not really something you want to ask an "in real life" friend to do!  I would in turn hold you accountable for whatever you're struggling with - exercise, food, or whatever.

I'm a 30-year-old female who works in at a nonprofit in DC. Let me know if you want to be my buddy!

Best Answer
0 Votes