Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Discussion

ANSWERED

Greetings,

How much water is needed? Is it an individual thing? Such as when working indoors and not exerting much energy you only need 4 glasses, whereas working outdoors and exercising a lot means we need 8? Is it tied to weight? Does the body signal, in some way, when we've had enough? Are there any studies done on this subject?

What are your thoughts about how much water we need? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

there are so many studies about how many glasses is not enough, too much or just right. I do believe that how much you drink is driven by activity, environment, food you eat and personal preference. I drink more water Friday through Monday because I typically go out during the weekend and Sunday and Monday I need to purge the salt. Tuesday through Thursday I usually end up at around 30 ounces of water give or take an ounce. I don't drink soda or juice so the other liquids are coffee and tea- every day. Your body will tell you if you are thirsty beyond any regiment you set for yourself. I also think people over do it. There is just as much danger in that than not drinking enough. Maybe try to drink a big glass of water with breakfast to jump start your day and then let your body tell you when it needs more. If at the end of the day you feel it wasn't enough- add more glasses to your day. If it all feels good- go on listening to your body... 

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I find that if I don't drink enough water, I get a much worse hangover.

Best Answer

there are so many studies about how many glasses is not enough, too much or just right. I do believe that how much you drink is driven by activity, environment, food you eat and personal preference. I drink more water Friday through Monday because I typically go out during the weekend and Sunday and Monday I need to purge the salt. Tuesday through Thursday I usually end up at around 30 ounces of water give or take an ounce. I don't drink soda or juice so the other liquids are coffee and tea- every day. Your body will tell you if you are thirsty beyond any regiment you set for yourself. I also think people over do it. There is just as much danger in that than not drinking enough. Maybe try to drink a big glass of water with breakfast to jump start your day and then let your body tell you when it needs more. If at the end of the day you feel it wasn't enough- add more glasses to your day. If it all feels good- go on listening to your body... 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thank you emili, that makes good sense! I've read where if you actually feel thirsty you're already dehydrated somewhat, but I like your idea of listening to your body. Just like our stomachs growl to tell us we're hungry there are built-in mechanisms to tell us when we're thirsty too.

Best Answer
0 Votes