Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@Dominique Oops. Better amend that 😂😂😂. I'll admit I'm a touch sulky but not overly worried

Best Answer

🤗🤗

Best Answer
0 Votes

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.8 09/05/2017
Last week 159.8 08/28/2017

Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Well, no change again.  I suppose I should be ok with this but I would like to make sure I can bring it down a bit if I want to.  We are coming off of another long weekend which was supposed to be at the lake, but we traveled to another city instead to be with friends who just lost their one year old son.  The temptation to comfort eat was a little overwhelming at times.  I mostly did ok but it has been a difficult week.  I am scheduled for an annual guys camping weekend this weekend where we aren't always the best at controlling eating but I need to stay mindful.  There are too many excuses to eat what we want.  What I want is to stay feeling as great as I do now.  That is my goal - eye on the prize.

Best Answer

Hang in there...I hate when this happens too.

Best Answer

Couple of days behind. But I did weigh in.

Not a great weekend for food!  my birthday - which meant it was harder to stay on track. I guess that will mean that this week will be a catch up or a low/nothing loss week.

Start weight: 162.1 lb

Last week : 159.4

This week : 158.6

Mini-Goal #1: 155 lb

Ultimate goal weight: 135lb

Best Answer

@tamado: for how long have you been in maintenance now? Do you feel like you have to struggle in terms of eating and exercising in order to maintain? My impression is you’re doing great, and you’re always ahead of me with your step count in my friends’ list!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Trying to figure out the TrendWeight weighted average calculations so I can add to my spreadsheet

Trendweight - 9-8.JPG

The "predicted" graph is determined from Fitbit's calorie deficit measurements -- pretty cool how well it tracks with my actual results.
Weight - 9-8.JPG

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here wrote:

Trying to figure out the TrendWeight weighted average calculations so I can add to my spreadsheet 

@Daves_Not_Here: if you want the math behind the TrendWeight numbers, you should be able to find it here. Don’t ask me how to enter all this in Excel, though!

Both of your curves are so incredibly straight, makes it look like weight loss is a smooth ride Smiley LOL.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here: if you want the math behind the TrendWeight numbers, you should be able to find it here. Don’t ask me how to enter all this in Excel, though!

Both of your curves are so incredibly straight, makes it look like weight loss is a smooth ride Smiley LOL.

@Dominique - thanks!  I had seen those equations and contemplated trying stuff them into my spreadsheet, but probably due to the now limited glycogen flowing to my brain, I thought, "I'd rather wash my hair".  Too many goddam subscripts and summation symbols make my eyes glaze over.

But now that you have thrown down the gauntlet in a public forum, I shall now go back and frustrate myself.  Curse you!

As to the smooth ride, I'll admit I'm having an easy time so far, probably due to fortunate circumstances:

• Demystification - I have a pretty good understanding of the mechanisms of weight loss, so the normal day-to-day fluctuations don't discourage me.  I have 100% confidence that if I engage in "A" (behaviors that cause weight loss), I will get "B" (weight loss).  And, it helps that my weight loss behaviors are easy for me to stick to.
  • Positive feedback loop - My initial success reinforces engaging in "A": getting my wardrobe back, improved mood, no hunger, better sleep, improved cycling performance (particularly hills), sense of self-mastery, etc.  Even if I were to hit a plateau, I'd still get to enjoy these benefits.
  • Motivation - I would have further enjoyed last year's epic ski season if I didn't have to struggle to bend over and buckle my boots.  240 pounds of lard huffing and puffing through the bumps on my poor legs, no thanks.  Not doing that again.
  • Fitbit - Not to be a total shill, but this Fitbit device and app provide excellent visibility into the levers of weight-loss (calories in and out, sleep, water, etc.) that leads to further demystification.  And participating in this online community helps me keep my eye on the ball.  I appreciate that I have not yet been banned for my self-indulgent rants!

You watch - now that I'm obnoxiously overconfident, I'll get hit in the head with the frying pan of a sustained plateau!

Best Answer

Ok....I can't believe it's been over three weeks since I last posted (08/19).  Here's an update:

USW:  224.5 (07/06/16)

CSW:  147.5 (Thursday, 07/06/17) -77.0

PW:     147.0 (Tuesday, 07/11/17)  -0.5

PW:     149.0 (Friday, 07/14/17) +2.0

PW:     148.0 (Tuesday, 07/18/17) -1.0

PW:     148.0 (Friday, 07/21/17) +/- 0.0

PW:     147.5 (Tuesday, 07/25/17) -0.5

PW:     147.5 (Thursday, 07/27/17) +/- 0.0

PW:     155.5 (Tuesday, 08/01/17) +8.0 (Yikes! Not what I wanted to see on my birthday! Smiley Sad

PW:     149.0 (Friday, 08/04/17) -6.5

PW:     149.0 (Tuesday, 08/08/17) +/- 0.0

PW:     150.5 (Friday, 08/11/17) +1.5

PW:     150.0 (Tuesday, 08/15/17) -0.5

PW:     149.5 (Friday, 08/18/17) - 0.5

PW:     144.2 (Tuesday, 08/22/17) - 5.3

PW:     144.2 (Friday, 08/25/17) +/- 0.0

PW:    146.2 (Tuesday, 08/29/17) + 2.0

PW:    144.8 (Friday, 09/01/17)  -1.4

PW:    144.0 (Tuesday, 09/05/17) -0.8

CW:    143.6 (Friday, 09/08/17) -0.4

Goal:  Maintain between 145.0 - 150.0

I started using my new "smart scale" on 08/19 and you can see there was a drop from what my old scale was saying.  To me the actual number isn't as important as the consistency of maintaining within a decent range.  With the new scale I have been weighing every day and there are some bigger fluctuations than what is shown here but obviously those other ups/downs are just temporary.

I like the new scale a lot --- especially seeing other numbers such as BMI (21.3 -- healthy); Body water (50.6% -- standard); bone mass (5.8lb -- optimal); visceral fat (4 -- standard); and muscle mass (100.0 lb -- optimal).  The only number that has me confused is BMR (1299Kcal -- underweight).  I'm not exactly sure what that means or how to correct it to a standard or optimal range. Does it mean I'm not eating enough calories in a day?? Any input would be appreciated.  🙂  

So many busy weekends ahead it's going to be a challenge to stay on track.  My Sunday/Monday weights tend to be on the high side but usually level off by Tuesday. Luckily I have been able to keep up with working out at least 5x week with 2 or 3x being strength training sessions.  I've been getting together with the neighbors and walking several nights a week -- weather permitting -- so that has helped a lot too.  Not looking forward to the days getting shorter  which well eventually eliminate the evening walks 😞 

Have a good week everyone and keep up the good work!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner - your results and practice of continuing to maintain within your target are inspiring!

May I suggest - connect your Fitbit account with TrendWeight at www.trendweight.com which will provide a weight trending curve that smooths out the day-to-day variability to provide you with a better picture as to whether you maintaining versus gaining.  It's free and very easy.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner - check this out -- here are your results using the TrendWeight equations. @Dominique turned me on to them and now I'm showing off.  

You can see that while your weight blips up and down due to water, your actual trend is pretty flat.

chart.png

Best Answer

Since peeps are sharing 🙊IMG_0903.PNG

Best Answer

Jan. 6, 2017:       202.3 lbs (starting weight)

Ave. daily calorie consumption for week preceding weigh-in.

• Sun, 7.16:   165.3 lbs
  • Sun, 7.23:   163.8 lbs --- Yay!  Blew right through my goal!!
  • Sun, 7.30:   162.5 lbs
  • Sun, 8.6:     161.7 lbs    2395
  • Sun, 8.13:   160.8 lbs    2329
  • Sun, 8.20:   160.1 lbs    2665
  • Sun, 8.27:   159.3 lbs    2585
  • Sun, 9.3:     ???             2604
  • Sun, 9.10:   159.8 lbs    2792

+0.5 lbs since 8.27

-42.5 since start. 

Goal Range: 160-170 lbs

Back from vacation.  Six days without a weigh-in so TrendWeight gave a lot of "weight" to the five measures I had since Sept 6.  The first one was 161.7, but all four after that were below 160. TrendWeight extrapolates missed days, which is kind of interesting.  Calories were up a bit, which is fine for vacation and also partly due to me trying to find my maintenance level.  Not sure how accurate my numbers were just because I was eating out more, but we prepared a lot of our meals too, so maybe not too bad.  Lots of bike rides and I got to the gym on both of my lifting days, so that part of my life didn't change too much.

The +0.5 lbs increase is the first increase in my TrendWeight "Sunday - Sunday" measure since I started to lose weight last January.  It will be interesting to see if that is due to a relatively high weigh-in when I got back from vacation or if I managed to get my calories up enough (average 2800 cal/day over the past week) to gain weight.  

Back from vacation - light marks  on chart are interpolated by TWBack from vacation - light marks on chart are interpolated by TW

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

TrendWeight extrapolates missed days, which is kind of interesting.

Yes, that’s what it does, if it’s what you chose in your settings:

2017-09-10_1509.png

I visited relatives in France for one week earlier this year and there was a 2 kg (4.4 lbs) spike between the last day before the trip and the first day after my return (quite typical for me when I travel!):

2017-09-10_1516.png

TrendWeight extrapolated the missing days (as per the default settings) and the trend curve only showed a temporary upward direction, nowhere as sharp as the spike in the actual weigh-ins. That’s the "smoothing" effect of TrendWeight.

Congrats for maintaining at 160!

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

CW - 272 +0     8 WEEK AVERAGE +1.75 LBS (+14)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 272 +6

PW - 266 +4

PW - 262 +23

PW - 239 -2

PW - 241 -5

PW - 246 +2

PW - 244 -0

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

I love seeing the TW charts! Very inspiring guys!!! Thanks for sharing.

Start weight: 162.1 lb

Last week : 158.6

This week : 158.6 (Grrrrrrrrr......)

Mini-Goal #1: 155 lb

Ultimate goal weight: 135lb

Here is my TW chart. I find it such a useful tool - really helps me see beyond the day to day fluctuations.

Because I didn't lose anything this week I'm going to comment on non-scale victories:

This is my "FAT" time of the month (sorry men), where I normally look about 5 months pregnant, I get so bloated. For the first time this year I haven't felt like that, which is really, really nice! Normally I would wear big sweat shirts to hide my tummy at this point in the month but I really haven't had to. Big plus! Also, my bra straps keep falling down (hmmm...I could be reading far too much into this, but hey, glad for some/any straws to grab at!! :-)) Also - the walking each day is helping me keep my stress levels checked. I have three weeks to go until I hand in my thesis, which is filling me with rising panic, but the long walks are helping me clear my brain out, feel healthier, sleep better and drink more water - all of which is helping me be more productive I'm sure of it.

So, like I said initially, weightloss for me isn't the KEY objective until I've handed in my thesis and have more time. The key is to NOT comfort eat my way to a heavier weight, not to let stress overcome me and to just get through these next few weeks without trashing my body. Two weeks down, three to go....

Best Answer

My numbers for this week:

Starting 1-Jan-2017: weight 67.4 kg, BF 18.5%, fat mass: 12.5 kg
Previous 1-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg

Previous 14-Aug-2017: weight 61.1 kg, BF 14.8%, fat mass: 9.1 kg

Previous 21-Aug-2017: weight 61.4 kg, BF 14.9%, fat mass: 9.1 kg

Previous 28-Aug-2017: weight 61.1 kg, BF 14.7%, fat mass: 9.0 kg

Previous 4-Sep-2017: weight 60.8 kg, BF 14.6%, fat mass: 8.9 kg

Current 11-Sep-2017: weight 60.4 kg, BF 14.5%, fat mass: 8.7 kg

All numbers continued to move in the right direction. I had three weigh-ins below the 60 kg line: 

2017-09-11_0749.png

I think I’ve never been that light in my entire adult life, except perhaps late teens / early twenties. I only started weighing myself after 25 (because my girlfriend at the time had a scale, and I stepped on it every now and then). Between 25 and 30, my weight fluctuated between 60 and 65 kg. Prior to that, I was a skinny and broke student and weight was the least of my concerns. After 30, my weight started to slowly creep upwards, briefly reaching a peak of almost 80 kg (BMI 26.4). I was 75 kg (BMI 24.8, so borderline overweight) when I got my first Fitbit in 2013 (I was 52 yo).

Anyway, as thrilling it is to be that light, I’d now like to focus on improving body composition: I still carry a bit of extra fat (mostly in my lower abdomen) and I wouldn’t mind putting on some more muscle. To that effect, and to switch things over, I’ve decided to start a new diet and a new weight training program today. It’s the first time I’m going to follow a diet other than my own Smiley LOL. The new training program is a bodybuilding-style program, with more isolation exercises in the higher rep ranges (for the past two years, I’ve been focusing on big compound movements in lower rep ranges). I’m looking forward to these changes. 

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I like the new scale a lot --- especially seeing other numbers such as BMI (21.3 -- healthy); Body water (50.6% -- standard); bone mass (5.8lb -- optimal); visceral fat (4 -- standard); and muscle mass (100.0 lb -- optimal).  The only number that has me confused is BMR (1299Kcal -- underweight).  I'm not exactly sure what that means or how to correct it to a standard or optimal range. Does it mean I'm not eating enough calories in a day?? Any input would be appreciated.  🙂  

@SunsetRunner: I’m puzzled too: BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) isn’t normally something that a scale would report. BMR is usually estimated with various equations that take into account factors like age, gender, height, weight etc. Some equations (e.g. Mifflin St Jeor) use age, gender, height and weight. Others (e.g. Katch McArdle) use body fat % and weight, but not age, gender and height. Your smart scale could use either, as you probably have "told" it your age, gender and height, which are normally needed for the estimation of body fat. I don’t see how any given BMR could result in being put in the underweight category. This is usually done based on BMI (Body Mass Index). Just curious: what is the brand and model of your smart scale? It’s definitely not a Fitbit Aria, which doesn’t attempt to estimate visceral fat or bone mass. Even the new Aria 2 (which isn’t publicly available) doesn’t do this.

Well, a quick search on Amazon did find this Adoric scale that  claims to do all this for less than $30:

2017-09-11_1032.png

Maybe that’s the one you got?

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Awesome! Thank you @Daves_Not_Here. I'll check out Trend Weight. Interesting graph. 

Best Answer