Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@A_Lurker wrote:

The usual mantra is eat less, move more 

I've tried "eat less, move more"  many, many times. More often than I gave up smoking before I finally succeeded. It never worked, I always ended up miserable and then ate badly to cheer myself up!

This time I'm trying "eat better, move more" and it seems to be working very well. I'm almost halfway through the 42kg I plan to lose. I'm enjoying my food like never before and I feel healthier, fitter and more at ease than I have in very many years. 

I think the "take home" message is that one size does not fit all and you've got to keep trying stuff until you find what works for you. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

CW - 248 -3     8 WEEK AVERAGE -2.5 LBS (-20)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 251 -2

PW - 253 -0

PW - 253 -3

PW - 256 -1

PW - 257 -2

PW - 259 -1

PW - 260 -8    

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Back on my normal report day.

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017: 202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs

-1 lbs since last week

-16.5 lbs since start. 

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Hello

I am struggling to work out how to post in this board- so I hope I am doing it right.

I would like to join the weekly weigh in. I'm starting a journey to lose 30lbs. I am currently 11stone 8lbs (162lbs I think) and tracking calories and exercise on the fitbit app. I'm even enjoying myself-just started a few days ago and looking forward to this group as a place to be accountable!

Thank you all---you're an inspiration!

Best Answer

@Cottongrass

There is no one set way, it's just kind of a thread that took on a life of its own.  Post what's useful for you but it's nice to be consistent week after week.

I personally like the format:

Starting weight: (date)

Current weight: (date)

Previous week: (date)

Weekly loss (gain): 

Goal weight:

Optional - Short term goal:

Personal text: If you want to add something about your journey, what you've learned or experienced, feel free.  

Feel free to copy and paste this as a format for your own post.  Feel free to add more information or less as you like - again, there's no template, whatever date and metrics are useful for you.  If you want to add bmi, body fat, etc - that's your call.  

Best Answer
Thank you so much tamado. That's really helpful!
I'll try and use that format...I really appreciate this group. Thank you
Best Answer

A_Lurker wrote

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 256.0 (3/12/17)

CW - 255.4 (-0.6 lbs)

Progress:  1.77 lbs/week for 59 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

So, I'm still not feeling 100% but I've decided that some of it is the weather.  We've gone back and forth between warming up, then seriously cold and back.  It wouldn't be so bad if we had some sun during these periods but it has been pretty gray for a while.  I was travelling (ie. eating out) one day this week and we had pizza at the plant on Thursday.  I feel though that I've gotten to the point where I can adjust for it. 

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 255.4 (3/19/17)

CW - 254.0 (-1.4 lbs)

Progress:  1.77 lbs/week for 60 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Feel like I did really good last week. I stayed within my calorie goal every day. I walked 3 days at lunch, went to OTF one night, got on the treadmill another and I hiked on Saturday. I know 1.5# is a good healthy weight loss but I am anxious to see the scale move more. 

Starting weight: 158.8 2/1/17

Current weight: 154

Previous week: 155.5

Weekly loss (gain): -1.5

Goal weight: 135

Short term goal: 145

Best Answer

WEEKLY WEIGH IN for me the old short guy with a beard (Phil Chenevert)

WEEK ELEVEN OF MY WEEKLY WEIGH-IN FOR ACCOUNTABILITY.

highest weight 212 lbs.

goal weight 144 (I am a short old guy, 5'4" 76 years old now)

WEEK 1 JAN 16, 2017 BEGINNING WEIGHT 161.6 pounds

WEEK 2 JAN 23, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 162.2 pounds + 0.6 pounds whoops!

WEEK 3 JAN 30, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 160.4 -down 1.8 pounds !!!! yaaaa. feelin' good

WEEK 4 FEB 6, 2017    CURRENT WEIGHT 160.0 - another tiny loss and in the right direction

WEEK 5 FEB 13, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 158.4 - a big loss for me. great!!!!

WEEK 6 FEB 20, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 158.2 - actually a surprise but a nice one.  

WEEK 7 FEB 27, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 158.4 - well, I'm hangin' in there!  (daily 16 hour fast start)

WEEK 8 MAR 6, 2017   CURRENT WEIGHT 157.0 - OK now, this is more like it  - 1.4 pounds

WEEK 9 MAR 13, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 156.8 - All Right!  

WEEK 10 MAR 20, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 157.0 - Well, not great but that is what the scale says!

WEEK 11 MAR 27, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 157.8 - wait a minute! that's the wrong direction! 

Accountability is a wonderful thing and as much as I hate to see the result on them ol' scales this morning, that gives me motivation to review my week.  Obviously my charting of food is way off and not accurate.  I walked my 70k steps (in fact 76k) but I 'guestimate' too much on thinks like half an avocado, that peach, etc.  Accountability of the scale and having to fess up on t his forum helps me take a deep breath and decide to plan more and eat less this coming week.  

Be gentle and kind to everyone. ESPECIALLY to yourself this week!  Sometimes we are just too harsh with ourselves for no reason.  Gentle and kind is the way to go.    My joy and happiness are not based on what I look like, but on the fact that I am alive and can help others today.  Gratitude is where it is at!  Food, by the way, is one thing I am very grateful for!  Doesn't it taste wonderful?! Each bite is so tasty and savory.  Hmmmmmm.     

Best Answer

I liked your post Phil.  Happy Monday everyone!

So, my related non scale achievements last week, were cutting back on sweets successfully, and running twice!

My scale achievements as follows.

Have a great week everyone.  Thank you for your support and discussion!

SW - 193.8 - March 20  First day of spring! 

CW - 192.7 - March 27th, one step in the right direction.

Total  - 1 lb.

MiniGW - 189

UGW - 160

This week's goals, run 3  more times.  Stay strong in the sweets department.  Sooo tempting!!

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 156.8 03/27/2017

Last week 158.4 03/20/2017

Maintenance mode

Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

A bit of a WTF weigh in!?  That said, I was hot, hungry and thirsty this morning.  I should go step on the scale after drinking over a liter of water, half a rack of ribs, about 6" of sausage, some tortillas with  cheese and salsa and a large salad.  Me thinks I'd be well over 160 right now but that's now when I weigh in.  At 28,000 steps right now after baking and deliveries, I need to eat big.  Fitbit estimates I've burned 3,600 calories today.  Even if that's not accurate, it's been quite a few.  I am trying to learn how to build lean mass in an effort to bulk a bit but so far I have not been successful.  I know how to get fat (semi-pro) but I need to figure out how to gain a bit of healthy weight.  My BMI is good but at around 6% body fat I am cut and vascular other than the extra skin hanging off of my stomach.  I would like to build a bit of muscle and that means weight but I am a bit scared to see the scale go up so I am doing it very carefully.  I'm trying to read and learn how to build lean mass.  Wish me luck.

Best Answer

183lbs, 29lbs more to lose!

time to put more time into building up those muscles instead of losing weight for summer 😉

Best Answer

Good morning. You are all doing so well!  Phil, thank you for your inspiring message!

I did not lose this week.  To be perfectly honest I did not do my best.  Work days are fine.  In the weekend we often have 'adventures'.  I lose my way when out of the house and eat differently.  This coming weekend I will be home.  Let's see how things go then.  I'm still going to do it!  

SW January 31- 79.8

CW March 28- 78.5

GW------70

Best Answer

Weight this morning (missed yesterday)

Starting weight: ~241+ lbs
Current weight: 192 lbs
Last week's weight: 194.6 lbs
Weight lost this week: -2.6 lbs
Total weight lost: 49 lbs

Weight left to lose: 32 lbs
Mini-goal: <190 lbs
Goal weight: ~160

Best Answer

I'm back on the bandwagon for now, but I forgot to post yesterday:

SW: 198.6 lbs

CW: 196.4 lbs (03/07/17)

CW: 195.8 lbs (03/13/17)

CW: 197.2 lbs (3/20/17)

CW: 196.0 (3/27/17)

Lost This Week: 1.2

Total Lost: 2.6 lbs

Current Goal Weight: 189

Best Answer

2017 Goal Weight = 120.

3/1/2017 Start weight = 155

3/8/2017 153

3/15/2017 151

3/22/2017 148  (Short term goal of 150 achieved)

3/29/2017 147

Short Term Goal = 145

Not the change I was looking for but a pound less is better than one gained.   I live in the NE and I run so running is a little difficult in the Winter. The weather is getting nicer now so I'm back out pounding the pavement. Hopefully, that will speed up the weight loss. I do work out in the Winter using my treadmill and Total Gym but for me it's not the same as hitting the pavement.

Hope everyone has a good successful week.  

Best Answer

Last weigh-in for March!

Start:           253 lbs

March 1st:   161.0 lbs

This Week: 156.6 lbs

Change:      - 4.4 lbs

Total Loss:  - 96.4 lbs

Goal :          125

Mini Goal:    153 lbs - because at this weight, I will have lost 100 lbs

I am back from vacation! I actually came home last Friday, but since I weigh in on Wednesdays, I didn't step on the scale until today. 

I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised. My goal when I left was to maintain (on March 1st I was 161 lbs).

I tried eating at a deficit as much as I could, but, with exception of breakfast, I had to estimate everything else I ate. I ate mom's cooking, went out a lot and had much more alcohol than I usually do. Activity-wise, I did less than what I do at home. I didn't run as often (it was way too hot and I am just not adapted to run when the weather is in the upper 80s) and had only one weight training session. I did walk at least as much as at home, if not slightly more.

Generally, I pre-log everything I eat to make sure I don't go over my calories. However, while on vacation, I logged everything at night, so I was more or less eating intuitively throughout the day. To make it easier on myself, I did a variation of intermittent fasting. I had a very late and small breakfast, probably best to call it brunch. Skipped lunch all days but one, but had coffee and a small snack most days to tide me over until dinner. And, for dinner, just ate until I felt satisfied. Some days I overate at dinner (I felt physically overfull). 

My takeaway from this experience is that I tend to underestimate my food. It's fine for now, but something I'll have to work on at maintenance. Also, intermittent fasting works wonders during vacations. Dinners tend to be the largest meals for my family/friends, so eating very lightly throughout the day and eat liberally at dinner is a great strategy for my purposes. 

Oh, and I finished my 5k in 44 minutes. Timing sucked, but I did it! It was hot and I ended up walking for 0.5 miles. For the past months, I have trained in the Pacific Northwest, where temperatures haven't gotten above 50F during the day since I began running, so Florida upper 80s was a huge shock to my system. Not scheduling another race in Florida again. Well, maybe the "Polar" Plunge in January, where the temperatures are at a more comfortable upper 60s to low 70s!

Best Answer

And everyone should read @AuroraKat's post carefully.  Here's what you are seeing.  Anticipation, planning, acceptance and victory.  I loved reading this.  I have felt this way so many times and the fact you lost does not surprise me because I have done the same.  By adjusting your routine to your circumstance, allowing for social situations and thinking in 24-28 hour chunks you were completely successful this vacation.  No guilt, shame or excuses at the end, just success.  A sincere congratulations from me.  Yes, we are going to have a couple of extra drinks or a few more bites when we should but we go for a walk and eat less tomorrow morning!  Anyway, I'm gushing - this is an awesome post.

Best Answer

@AuroraKat - thanks for the full debriefing from your vacation.  Being mindful of the challenges in changing routines helps a lot in keeping those changes from sabotaging your goals.  

Speaking of changing routines, tomorrow my wife and I are off for our second road trip this month.  This will be a "-ville" trip.  Off to AshVILLE NC first for a few days of recreation, then to NashVILLE, TN for a couple days of work, and then to  LouisVILLE, KY, to visit a cousin on the way back home. By the time I get back I will have done about half of the last four weeks on the road.  

The first road trip, also to a "-ville" (GreenVILLE, SC) went pretty well.  Took my bike with me and got about 90  minutes or more on the days other than travel.  My wife was pretty clever hitting her exercise goals.  She got a free three-day pass at the Greenville YMCA and attended several water exercise classes.  This trip we will take both bikes, though we will probably split exercise routines since I ride a lot faster than the she does.  Since we will eat out most meals, we will split some meals and focus on getting half the plate full of greens and fruit.  In my case, that usually means focusing on salads with chicken or steak, or substituting veggies for fries and skipping most of the bun if I get some kind of sandwich.  

My last weigh-in for March will be tomorrow morning.  Earlier than my normal Sunday weigh-in, but since I will be on the road I guess I'll just have to adjust my routine ... Smiley Happy

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Hi
It looks that everyone is doing a great job.

I usually weigh on Wednesdays but I'm posting now cause Wednesday morning I haven't lost or gained anything.
My bachelor party was Saturday.

So I ended up partying a lot and not going to the gym for 4 days.
Also have a little cold going on too.
But Tuesday and Wednesday after work I went to the gym and  had a nice workout.

So this morning I guess was when all the alcohol was out of my system 🙂
I knew I was supposed to lose cause I worked really hard last week so I'm ready for the  party.

Starting weight  310 lbs

01.01.2016 - 310 lbs

05.31.2016 - 280 lbs

11.01.2016 -280 lbs

01.01.2017 - 295 lbs

02.01.2017 - 286 lbs

03.01.2017 - 283 lbs
03.22.2017 - 273 lbs

CW 03.30.2017 - 270.5 lbs
So I lost 2.5 lbs which I'm shocked with cause I did it really bad this weekend 🙂

Great job everyone and keep it up

Best Answer