Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weighing Scales

Looking to get new weighing scales that show BMI, water, bone, fat etc.    Looking at the Withings Body+ body composition WI-FI scales - reviews look good.    Can anyone on here recommend them?

Hoping to sync with Fitbit and one Apple Watch.    All four of us have iPhones - do they have to be of a certain spec to be able to sync with them.   Thank you

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I've got a Renpho scale. Really like it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sunflowersgirl 

I’ve got a Withings Body Cardio.  Really like it. (Body + is a better deal).  No issues setting linking to Apple and I really link the on scale trend line.  Also, because it is WiFi once you’ve got it set up you just step on and it records and syncs to your Withings account and whatever you have that linked to  (no need to pull up an app on your phone to sync like a Bluetooth scale).  But there have been problems linking to Fitbit in the past. Seems to be working fine right now, though. If you get one here is the link for linking to your Fitbit account.  https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings#

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I also have a Withings and like it a lot. Seems to be very accurate

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi we bought them..... easy to set up and pleased with them

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for the reply and link.  Yes, probs linking so will try your link.  Thank you.  We got the “+” one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your message. We have gone for the Withings scales and so
far impressed with them.

--
*Michelle Gaymer*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sunflowersgirl — were you able to link the scale to your fitbit account?  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried to but it doesn’t seem to be counting the steps. I need to see how I can strap my phone on me to get a true step reading.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has worked well with the app on both Apple and Android -

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Connected-Solution-including-Backlit/dp/B00N9ENKDI

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have ordered a scale that hasn't arrived yet.  I can hardly wait.  In the technology section of the newspaper was an article about the "Wyze Scale a killer smart-home bargain"  It measures 2 kinds of body fat, muscle mass, body water, lean body mass, bone mass and protein??,  BMI, metabolic age, even heart rate.  It only costs $20.  It connects to your iOS or Android smart phone via Bluetooth but doesn't talk to your WiFi network.  8 people can use it.  Needs 4 batteries AAA.  I'll have to have my daughter teach me how to download the info on my smart phone as I am a smart phone dunce age 78 this week.  For only $20 I think this is worth taking a chance even though a couple years back Consumers report said even scales costing thousands of dollars didn't really give  an accurate body fat measure.  I think they really have improved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I picked up a Wyze scale the other week and I really like it a lot.  However, there is some inconsistency with their app and the Fotbit app syncing data.  Without fully understanding what device has "responsibility" for the data sync, it's difficult to know where to turn for help.  😞 

David

Best Answer
0 Votes