Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Gain and Tight Clothes

ANSWERED

I'm in a Healthy Wage challenge to lose 49 lb by late April.  I keep bouncing up and down on my weight.  I also follow Intermittent Fasting for 3 months before signing up for Healthy Wage and was doing good.  Then add in step challenges, Waybetter HIIT, Stepbet games and all of a sudden the pants get tight and the scale shows increase in weight.  I eat good, went to doctor, no illness, no thyroid issue, no toxic liver, nothing.  I sleep 8 hours a day, meditate many times during the day (I'm retired), 10 years past menopause and drink more then half my body weight in oz.  I really don't understand this.  Along with that I'm trying to get used to the Fitbit Inspire 2 (sorry also have Apple Watch 6); do challenges on both and yet this happens.  I've been doing the HIIt and all for a month.  Walking, resistance training, smart weighted hula hoop since first of October.  Signed up for Healthy Wage on November 8th.  Anyone know what's going on here?  Oh I also walk 15K steps a day per my challenges.  This really bums me out.  I'm going to lose all my money now.  

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

I'm doing fine.  I noticed the trend that everytime my ankle swells I show a weight gain and when the swelling goes down I lose on the scale.  The ankle is most likely due to tripping over semi feral cats that I care for.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps you spend too much time on sports. On the contrary, excessive physical activity leads to increased fatigue, affects the joints, and in general, can lead to burnout and loss of interest in a healthy lifestyle. The optimal frequency is 3 times a week. No one is forcing you to lose enough weight to fit into the New Born Baby Hats. Set yourself small and realizable goals; great things are accomplished in such steps. These are not empty words. You have to analyze them. The inner core holds all motivation.

Best Answer

Lametcalyf & Moonstone Wolf,   I agree about doable goals.  A doctor told me to ride my bike 10 minutes every day, which is so doable I actually do it. On the 600 pound life TV show,  Dr Now puts everyone on a 1200 calorie diet.  They are supposed to exercise but it is better to forget about calorie burn.  No matter what activity you do, don't eat more.  Stop exercising for a while and see if you do better?  Any way, another thing that is extremely important for dieters to know, when they reduce calories a lot, is that you absolutely can not go back to a much higher amount all at once without gaining all the lost weight back.  You have to increase calories by 200 calories a day,  maybe even staying at a 200 calorie increase for 2 days to make sure you are not gaining before adding another 200 for a couple of days.  Give your body a chance to adjust.  

I suggest Moonstone, you eat as few calories as seems reasonable to you, and don't increase that amount,  no matter what.  Most of us undercount the calories we eat anyway.    Best wishes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't edit so let me say here, I meant, Don't increase the calorie amount you set for yourself for "calorie burn".   You can change your goal calories count for the day up or down as you think will work well for you anytime.  When I was on crutches for a while I was only using 900 calories a day,   That shows that some activity does allow you to eat more without gaining weight but figuring out calorie burn for exercise is a losing idea  in my opinion.

Forget calorie burn.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been struggling with my weight for some time now and it has been causing me a lot of frustration. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not eating the right foods or if I'm just not exercising enough. Whatever the reason, the result is that my clothes are getting tighter and tighter. I'm going to the sea soon and all my swimwear doesn't fit me anymore, so I hope my new one-piece suit https://www.lascana.com/Swimwear will save me and make my waist smaller! 

Best Answer
0 Votes