Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Goal 50 to 100 Pounds

Hi! 

I'm trying to lose 75 pounds, hopefully at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. I started on my journey a week and a half ago and I'm currently down 3.6 pounds.  I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and if you want friends for extra motivation feel free to add me.  🙂

Best Answer
428 REPLIES 428
SpunDreamer:

Hi. I think it is syncing properly. I have the fitbit one. When I wear it on my bra it is okay, but when I attach it to my slacks, it doesn’t record the steps. Note to self: always put it on my bra.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems Phyllis.  If wearing it in your bra works I would definitely leave it there! Or maybe contact fitbit support?  Great job working on your steps! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Been a few days since I've posted. To be honest, I have not been doing all to well weight loss wise, and have not been tracking my steps. I started on some new meds (depression/anxiety) and I've been getting used to them. Today though, I feel pretty proud of myself. I didn't feel like I needed to eat, just because. Which hasn't happened in a long time. I would eat at certain times but I'd constantly think about food, and eat way too much, far too often. Today though, I ate when I felt I needed to and was satisfied with what I had 😊

I know it's nothing BIG, but it's a small light of hope that I'm slowly getting better.

Now I've got some reading to catch up on the thread.
Hope everyone is having a lovely evening.
Best Answer

Journey you should give yourself some credit here!  You may have hit some bumps, but just the fact that you found yourself back here shows your dedication to your weight loss goals!  Don't sell yourself short!!! 🙂

I am very happy to hear that you are doing well with your new medication!  That is fantastic!!!!  You should be proud of yourself for working on being healthier physically and emotionally!  It takes such courage to open yourself up like you have to us and I couldn't be more proud of you! 🙂

Best Answer
That's really BIG. Well done. I suffer from similar issues surrounding food. binge eating in particular. Fitbit is helping me to plan my meals and balance things out and realise that a slice of cake doesn't mean I've failed; it just means that I have to move more or eat lesser we on to balance it all out. Keep going you're doing great 😘

Sent from Louisa's iPhone
Maddison
Best Answer

Hi Peeps,

I've been having a rough couple of days.  I've been having trouble falling asleep.  Just as I relax it feels like an electric current runs through me.  I can't resist the urge to move. You know the squirmy feeling you get when you have to itch your nose but you can't physically reach your nose.  It's like that over and over again in waves.  Very frustrating.  I've limited myself to one early morning coffee, and made sure that any medication I take gets taken before 4pm just incase it's making me a bit restless.  I don't watch tv in bed and do not make a habit of reading my ipad unless a light is on.  Even still that isn't very often.

Right now I'm really focusing on not making choices that would make it harder for me to achieve my goal. I am recognizing that I'm stressed out more than average, tired, a bit grumpy, and feeling very sloth like.  So I came here to write this down and share with you guys because I know it will make me feel better and maybe someone else feels the same way they too will focus on something positive rather than self defeating.  No Rocky Road bar.  I don't even want to smell one today.

Tonight I'm going for a walk.

I hope everyone is having a good friday.

My path isn't always straight or clear, but at least I'm on the way somewhere.
SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer
0 Votes

Haley I completely understand.  One of my biggest challenges with weight loss is I don't get enough sleep which makes me more tired throughout the day.  😞  I am so proud of you though!!!  You are really working hard to make good choices!!!

Personally I am so relieved right now.  I was traveling for the last three weeks in Maine.  (I am originally from Maine, but have lived in Arizona for the last three years.) I took one week vacation and had two weeks of work.  Finally tonight I just got home after a long day of flying. It has been such a nice trip, but I am exhausted being out of my routine. I do have to go back there in three weeks for work, this time only for a one week trip. On the bright side, after surviving three weeks traveling while still managing to lose weight and stay on track for my 1.5 pound per week loss I am beyond confident that I can survive one week traveling for work!!!

I almost did not start my weight loss journey when I did because I thought I should wait until after this trip. I was certain that staying on track would be impossible and worried I would give up all together. Ultimately though I decided to start when I did because I was tired of making excuses all the time about why I couldn't lose weight.

Now I could not be happier I started when I did. I am one month in and down seven and a half pounds. If I had waited I would probably have gained weight while there and I would be just about to start instead of having built the habits I have built. (of course that's assuming I wouldn't have used the upcoming trip to yet again postpone starting again.)

Thank you for all of you that have been supporting me through this. It's funny I never thought I would be the support group type of gal, but I have to admit having all of you here encouraging me gave me the strength I needed to push forward on more than one occasion. Thank you!!!

Best Answer

Cracked and ice cold can of Coke, DH had in the fridge, it looked and sounded so good, took one sip, and was grossed out, I couldn't drink it, had one more sip, and handed the can to DH with a look of distaste. I am addicted to pop, and today, could not drink it!!!! While I'm annoyed because it sounded so good, and I wanted it, I'm also happy, because that means I'm less likely to drink it. Off to refill my water bottle

Best Answer

That's awesome Spundreamer! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So great to see all the types of successes going on here!  I try to focus on non-scale types of success but sometimes I get numbers stuck in my head.  It's great hearing about the Coke win and the vacation win and no rocky road bars despite what else is happening.  I'm so happy for you all and thanks for the inspiration.

My most recent non-scale win is that I can again wear my wedding rings.  For the last week I've been able to wear them with comfort again.  Prior to that, it had been at least 4 months.  Losing weight (11.6 lbs), cutting down on sugar and salt AND doing my steps everyday has really helped and I didn't realize how much I missed wearing them until I could again.  That being said, I still struggle with laziness.  I love the wins I'm getting but I still have to force myself to get up and actually walk my steps.  Speaking of steps:  how's everyone's 10-steps-per-day challenge going?  I've been doing it (except missed one day on Wed.)

Keep up the good, but tough, work everyone.  You're still an inspiration - even those sharing struggles...I so relate in one way or another.  I love our group being open to share because you never know what difference your words just made to me or someone else.

Best Answer

Overall, this week has been kind of rough. My summer pet sitting job keeps me incredibly busy, and while I'm up and about, I'm not getting my exercise in or even eating on schedule. I might be able to grab dinner at 5:30, or 8:30-9pm. And it's 118F here in the UAE during the day, and only gets down to 104 or so by 10pm, so I can't even go walking at night (I like to bring my dog -- because no one bothers you with a 70lb dog running with you, but it's too hot for him right now). And the gym has been closed to celebrate Eid (it's the holiday at the end of Ramadan). I'm getting squirmy, and the longer I go without exercise, the more difficult it will be to get back in the habit! 

Best Answer
Awesome job everyone 😄 !

@paperclip- thats a great NSV! That's actually one of mine NSV as well! I'll know that I'm heading on the right track once I can slide those babies on again.

@MsMichelle - There's a circut that I've always went to when I wasn't able to get outside. It's a rendition of the 99 Challenge I plan to start doing again, but you can start off at what ever number you feel you can do, and you do it till you get to 1 repitition of everything) For example:
20 Jumping Jacks
20 Calve Raises
20 Squats
20 Push Ups
20 Sit Ups (or crunches)
20 Leg Raises

Then you do 10 of everything, then 1 of everything. It's something you could build yourself up to 100

On another note, some tiny little hands pulled my FitBit out of the wrist band early this morning and I have no clue where it is now, so so much for step counts. Focus on eating well today.
Best Answer

MsMichelle, I completely understand being trapped inside because of the heat!  (I live in Phoenix, AZ).  Have you tried looking into some of the workout DVD's out there?  There is such a wide range from dance to aerobics to yoga.  Personally I'm digigng some Richard Simmons 🙂  I also have been doing the weight loss yoga DVD from the Biggest Loser. 🙂  Just a thought!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all for your kind words and ideas!

If I'm home, I'm in front of my computer, mostly. I have an 11 month old puppy who can't stay out of my business if I'm exercising, he has to participate. I'm also dog sitting two very sweet but very nosy dogs, and so I can get some core work done (quick crunches/planking) in the house, anything more results in me being jumped. Although running away from the puppy pack is also exercise. 

My gym opened back up yesterday, and so I'm back in business. 30 minutes on the elliptical, plus a 25 minute walk at 10pm, and I am feeling much better. Some of my upset was the fact that I went up a kilo a day after my weigh in...and I couldn't figure out why. So, I put the scale away, and I'll just keep going...I'm not going to self-sabotage! 

Best Answer

Question: I have the Charge HR and I notice that when I am grocery shopping my steps aren't counting while I am pushing the cart.  Does anyone have any suggestions to get your steps to count while pushing the cart?  I tried pushing it one handed but once I start putting items in the cart it is near impossible to navigate it accurately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have a total of a goal of 40 more pounds to lose (lost 30 lbs since February 1st of this year, mainly doing a paleo diet and trying to keep my steps between 10 000 and 15 000 per day).  I'll send you a friend request and hopefully we can do challenge each other.

Best Answer

Hey Lisa1980...

I don't know about the HR but I read just the other day that things like shopping, cycling don't count that well on your wrist (as you've just found out).  The suggestion for the Flex was to put it in your sock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

10 Step Per Day Challenge

How's everyone doing on this?  It's been a while since any of us mentioned how we're doing.  I'm still on track.  Would like to hear how everyone is doing.

Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Peanutsmom! Congratulations on being almost halfway to your goal weight!!! Welcome to our group!!!!  I look forward to interacting with you and competing in some challenges!!!

Vanessa that is a great idea! Thank you!!!! As for the challenge I have had a rough few days. I am just now starting to feel better after being sick and I’m hoping I will be able to breath enough to get my workout in tomorrow!

Best Answer

I wanted to give an update!  I am down another 2.2 pounds!!!  This means I am 0.8 pounds away from losing my first 10 pounds!!!!!!!!!  It's crazy to think in just 5 weeks I have already lost almost 10 pounds! Thank you for all of your support!!!

Best Answer