Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Goal 50 to 100 Pounds

Hi! 

I'm trying to lose 75 pounds, hopefully at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. I started on my journey a week and a half ago and I'm currently down 3.6 pounds.  I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and if you want friends for extra motivation feel free to add me.  🙂

Best Answer
428 REPLIES 428

Hello ladies im new to this whole fitbit, and looking about and saw this page, i would like to add you all as my friends, well because im doing fitbit on my own and doing less than 500 steps a day, i think its good, lol, i have no one to compare with and no one to psh me, i work silly hours, and only have a few gaps here and there, ive no idea how to add people or even how it works, pls help me lol,, or add me ?? xxx

Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome! I'm on a plane right now using their WiFi which is shotty at best. Once I get a chance I'll send some pointers 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Adriness it's funny after I posted that I said screw it and worked out anyways. I drank three times as much water and sweated the tines as much lol but I felt so good about myself afterwards!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wish I was on a plane right now 😉 and thank you x
Best Answer
Way to get at it, lady! You go!!! And pep74, I am sending you a request the second I finish posting this. Let's do it ladies! We can soooo make this happen!

And in that spirit, I am going to post my goal: 93 pounds. I haven't even told my husband what my goal is!! I lost about 70 pounds 6 years ago, but gained it back plus baby weight the last three years (job change, and loss of my sibling contributed to stress eating, eek.)

But I know we can do it if we stick to healthy eating and exercising. It's truly a commitment to bettering ourselves and our lives. Let's get to work!
Best Answer

So, it looks as though I've found another group of people who, after reading everyone's posts, have inspired me.  I've had my fitbit for a month (maybe more, memory can be bad at times LOL)

Me: I have 78 lbs to go to reach my first goal.  If I can reach that, I'll feel like the "cat's meow" as they say LOL 

I'm going friend you, if you don't mind, so you can keep inspiring me when I see your achievements!  Thanks all!!!

V

Best Answer

hello guys, hope you don't mind me joining... well as for me i'm trying to drop about 60 lbs.  mind over matter.  i've had my surge a couple months.  it's time for me to get motivated - easier said than done.  the first step is the hardest.   so can some of you guys give me some input on just how to get motivated.  

thanks 

Spoiler

Best Answer
Hi bowman1906!! You can totally do it! You are so right when you say mind over matter... If you don't mind, it doesn't matter :-). I know what always keeps me motivated: progress! I just have to remind myself that progress can be found anywhere and not just on the scale. For instance, maybe you walk an extra block, or do a few more reps on weights, or maybe turn down seconds at dinner. Recognizing your little accomplishments daily and celebrating your progress is the best way to stay motivated. We're all in this together 🙂
Best Answer
Hi paperclip! Sounds like a totally feasible goal! You can do it! Just accepted your friend request- looking forward to the support and encouragement! 🙂
Best Answer

Hello, 

I have been using my fitbit for a couple of months just for the steps.  For those of you who track your food - do you do it in advance or after you eat?  Logging is just a portion of my downfall.  Do any of you participate in challenges?  I hope & need to get motivated.  Any help or pointers are appreciated. TIA!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi ali1216, I log my food using Fitbit, and I usually log right after preparing my meal or snack but before I sit down to eat it, that way I feel in control and cognizant of how many calories are in the portion I have prepared. If I end up eating seconds, I'll just update what I had logged previously. I used to use MyFitnessPal to log, but since Fitbit added the scan feature, I just prefer using it so I can keep all my data in one spot. Best of luck to you!!!
Best Answer
Welcome! I usually track before I eat. This way I guarantee that I don't accidentally forget something. I was actually using LoseIt! before I got my Fitbit (that app actually inspired me to get my Fitbit) and so I already had all of my typical foods saved there. It seemed like so much work to load it all into fitbit plus I love that community so I still log my food there. The great thing is because I have it linked to my Fitbit account it automatically transfers my entries over so I get the best of both worlds! 🙂
Best Answer

Hi.  This morning I tried to post my breakfast to fitbit but it didn't add correctly... it added the food to the summary, thus increasing the calorie amount.  I have used MyFitnessPal which I like more, however sometimes...actually most of the time...do not log my food.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think you have to undo the link you have between Fitbit and MFP. If you want to use My Fitness Pal then that's fine but you can't really use the Fitbit food diary as well while the two are still linked together or you will get duplicate reading and therefore double the amount of calories. I think you can remove the link with MFP in account settings c

Sent from Louisa's iPhone
Maddison
Best Answer

Hi everyone  🙂   Have my new FB Charge HR and looking ot lose 100 pounds total. About 3 years I lost 130...and promptly gained back 30 during my last year of grad school! I am going ot lose that 30 plus 70 more to make it finally to goal! Welcome any and all new friends for some mutual encouragement!

Best Answer
Welcome! You can absolutely do it! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys!

I just purchased my fitbit and have been using it for 5 days now.  I am stuggling to get off some baby weight that has stuck around way too long!  I have a LO who is 15 months old and I am ready to do something about this craziness.  I can already tell that I am feeling better and I can't wait to see the physical results.  Now, I just have to stay focused!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!   I would love to add you to help motivate each other.  How do I add you?

Best Answer

feeling so depressed. Lasted all of a few days and just binged on junk food. I don't want to put off all of your new members starting out on your journey...Fitbit does work...but you have to actually stick to it...and that's where I have the problem. I need to lose 93lbs. I feel fat, tired and frustrated that I can't stick with it :-(((((( sorry, just needed a rant. Wish I could just get a grip and stick to the bloody plan for once without jacking it all in 😞

Maddison
Best Answer

I believe we have to invite by the email attached to your fitbit account.

Best Answer
0 Votes