Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Goal 50 to 100 Pounds

Hi! 

I'm trying to lose 75 pounds, hopefully at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. I started on my journey a week and a half ago and I'm currently down 3.6 pounds.  I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and if you want friends for extra motivation feel free to add me.  🙂

Best Answer
428 REPLIES 428

Vanessa that is EXCELLENT!! That's a really good accomplishment.  Give yourself a pat on the back (not a rocky road bar) for your dedication.  Awesome.

My path isn't always straight or clear, but at least I'm on the way somewhere.
SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer
Paperclip that's awesome! A lot to be proud of!

I'm sorry I haven't been interacting a lot lately guys! I've been traveling and haven't had a lot of time to get on here. I'm so excited to set everyone doing so well!
Best Answer

Hi Lisa,

Well what I've been doing is drinking lots of water and really watching what I eat...bananas, apples, yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs & tomatoes etc., Then for dinner:  veggies and small portion of chichen, etc.  I think I've been doing terrific this week because I've lost 5 pounds.  Now next week is another story. Heart

Best Answer
Phyllis that's awesome! Keep up the great work!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Atoner welcome to our group!  What an inspiration you are!!!  Losing the weight is not easy, but maintaining weight loss is so hard too!!! 

Maddison, I am so happy for you that you finally seem to be getting some answers.  Feeling like that and not knowing why is extremely difficult.  Your bravery sharing that here is amazing.  Thank you for trusting us enough to share!

Best Answer

Hopefully it's okay to join ...

A little about me ... male, nearly 37 years of age, 5'6" (barely), and 255.1lbs as of today.  I'm about 100lbs overweight, but the first goal I've set for myself is at least get back down to 200lbs.  A series of health issues - sleep apnea (I never even used to snore), a decline in my cardiovascular health, the appearance of high blood pressure, and blotchy skin (even skin tags in random places, gross I know!).  I do really well steps, I've owned my FitBit Charge HR since January 2015.  I live about a mile from work and I walk to work almost every day, I'm also good about going for a walk on my lunch break. 

The problem is and has always been my diet.  In 2005 I lost about 60lbs.  I went from nearly 210 to about 150, which is my ideal weight.  I never learned healthy eating habits, and by the time I started my last job in May 2010 I was back to up about 190lbs.  Couple that with a job I grew to despise, being unhappy at that job every day for years, and unhealthy habits and here I am today at 255lbs. 

But - I purchased a bike and some gear.  I live right near my very bike-friendly city's bike trails, my work schedule would permit to ride between 10-20 miles per day before work.  I'm hoping the daily sweating will encourage me to eat healthier.  *** sorry for the long introduction ***

Best Answer
Hello everyone!! I got my Fitbit surge for my birthday in April and it has change my life so much. It motivates me more than anything! I am down 18 pounds but I am really stepping up my game now and going to the gym everyday and hoping to lose at least 10-15 pounds by the end of July! but I really want to lose 100 pounds by the end of 2015. I did just throw away my scale batteries because I obsessed over the numbers on the scale and I do not weigh in until August. So how is everyone on their journey going? (: and btw HAPPY FOURTH Of JULY (:
Best Answer

Welcome imike! Everyone on here is very encouraging and fun to interact with. That's awesome about the biking! I'm a bit jealous though since I can't seem to ride a bike without tipping over lol. I'll send a friend request over if your page allows friend requests. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome Alyssa! That's great you've found stich great motivation! If you are too focused on the scale it sounds like a good idea to take a break from it. 🙂 I'm just starting on my journey. I got my charge hr a week and a half ago but started my journey about two and a half weeks ago. Currently I'm down 6 pounds 🙂 I hope you are having a wonderful fourth as well!
Best Answer

Good luck to you. I am on my way to loosing 95 lbs.  I love the flex fitbit . And I have to app on my phone to track my food. This seems like a great place for encouragement and help . 

Best Answer

I've arrived a little late to this thread but I have 85lb to lose! I managed to lose two stone two years ago, but put it back on and then some; I've always been obese and my obese family is a very bad influence. Since then, I've made a few attempts with little success, and was even up to my highest ever weight a couple of weeks ago. This time, however, I'm determined to go all of the way! I've already lost 5lb in the last week and a half, and, if I lose at least 2lb a week, I should reach my goal in at least just over 40 weeks, just in time for finishing my second year of university. Of course, it'll definitely not happen that soon because of plateaus and random hitches, but I'm still optimistic 🙂

Are there any other vegetarians on this thread? Or other young users (25 and under)?

Charge HR / Aria / Vegetarian
Best Answer
Welcome to the group 😘 I'm afraid I can no longer class myself as young...I'm 38...however I am vegetarian. Trying to cut down on cheese...I love love love cheese and without meat it's tough to not eat too much of it. I'm trying to eat a lot more quorn protein, eggs and adding canned beans to risotto/stir fry just to increase my protein intake and make sure I'm not eating too many carbs. good luck with your Fitbit journey. We are all here to support each other along the way 😘👟👟👟👟👟

Sent from Louisa's iPhone
Maddison
Best Answer

I have the same problem with carbs, only mine are all from fruit! Honestly, if I could just eat fruit for every single meal, I would. I don't think I'd have many teeth, but I'd be happy! Have you always been vegetarian?

Charge HR / Aria / Vegetarian
Best Answer
0 Votes
Since I was about 11 years old...so quite a while. I would live entirely on carbs and cheese if I could. I love bread and cheese sooooo much. Trying to slowly make changes to my diet though...6st overweight so I can't go on as I have been doing x
Sent from Louisa's iPhone
Maddison
Best Answer
Hello everyone 😊 newbie here to the FitBit community. Congrats to all who have lost weight!

I got my FitBit back in March and have gone from doing less than 500 steps to 5,000 steps a day, but I haven't been able to get my eating under control, due to a lot of stressful things that have been going on, which has led me to be the heaviest I've ever been, at 220 lbs 😩

I'm looking to get rid of 90lbs , so I've got a long journey ahead of me. Being a SAHM doesn't leave me a lot of time to myself, but I'm determined to figure something out to get some kind of consistent work out in, at least 5 days a week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome Ratter!  This group has been great for motivation and encouragement so I think you came to the right place!!!!  I will forgive you for reminding me that I am no longer young 😉  I am not a Vegetarian, although my father is.  If you want support I recomment adding friends on here and truly interacting with them.  The challenges and interactions here are what is keeping me motivated! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome Journey!!!  I hear you on the stress eating.  I also hit my heaviest and so I decided enough is enough and that's what brought me here.  Recently I have been traveling on vacation and for work so I've been struggling with keeping my eating under control while traveling but I seem to be finding my way through!  This group has some amazing people and they are really helping keep me on track!!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm Michelle, and I've had my fitbit charge HR for about a month, and have been losing weight for 2 months and am down 22lbs so far. I still have quite a ways to go, nearly 65lbs to hit my main goal, and then I can work on the last few pounds. I'm not sure what my final goal will be. I'm 5'6, but I haven't been below 200lbs in so long, I have no idea what I'll look/feel like once I get down to my goal of 175, and whether I'll want to continue to lose weight. 

So far, I've found the combination of my fitbit (keeping me accountable throughout the day) and the MyFitnessPal app have been exactly what I needed. I don't feel deprived or hungry, and am actually enjoying exercising for the first time in my life (even though I live/work in the United Arab Emirates and the temperature is about 120-130 Farenheit daily). I've been hitting the gym, and even running at night, and logging my meals. I eat what I like, but I also hold myself accountable that if I eat something "unhealthy", I'm going to make up for it with diet or exercise. 

I'm so happy to have people who are working on similar goals, and hope I can count on your support as well as provide support to all of you as well! 

Best Answer

Hey welcome to all those who've joined this board!!!!  Hearing about how much all of you have to lose and what you're doing to make changes in your life is really motivating!  I look forward to all our interactions and hearing about your successes along the way!!

Welcome welcome!

Best Answer
Welcome Michelle! I think you will find this group is filled with many very supportive people in the same boat as you. Personally I feel the same way. I haven't seen less than 200 in just over 10 years. To see a weight beginning with a 1 will be so exciting! Good luck on achieving your goals!
Best Answer