Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Goal 50 to 100 Pounds

Hi! 

I'm trying to lose 75 pounds, hopefully at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. I started on my journey a week and a half ago and I'm currently down 3.6 pounds.  I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and if you want friends for extra motivation feel free to add me.  🙂

Best Answer
428 REPLIES 428

So, many have responded with positive thoughts towards a challenge.  I'm going to throw this one out there and see if it sticks...

CHALLENGE

For the remainder of July, you must increase your step count by a minimum of 10 steps every day.  So, if you walked 10 steps today, tomorrow you walk 20, next day you walk 30, day after that you walk 40 etc etc

I'm ending my day at approximately 10,325.  Tomorrow my minimum step count must be 10,335.

10 steps doesn't sound like much but it's a start and I really don't know how much to challenge us. So, is this doable for everyone?   Is anyone interested?

Best Answer

Yay Phyllis!  I totally know what you mean!  I seem to lose two pounds then gain one back LOL... but two steps forward, one step back is still one step forward!!!!! 🙂  I'm proud of you for sticking with it though, it's so easy to get discouraged or give up and you are kicking butt!!! 🙂

Best Answer

Keekee pasta is definitely my biggest issue. My suggestion though when you are feeling like you are about to struggle, lean on others here. If you haven’t already, add friends. The more support you have the easier it will be. Haley is right, we are all here because we understand. We are living that same struggle every day. Together though, I truly believe we can be successful! And if you slip up, most importantly, forgive yourself. You are human. You will have a bad day. It’s not a matter of if you will slip up, but rather what you do after that slip up. 🙂

Schil, welcome! If you need any support reach out!!!! I am a firm believer that by supporting each other we will be more successful!!! 🙂

Adriness – My heart broke for you reading about your loss. I can only begin to imagine the toll that takes on you every year. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better. Thank you for having the courage to share such a personal story with us…. And you are right… any setback is most certainly temporary!!! 🙂

Vanessa – Love it! (I must admit, a small part of me thought “Oh no! I shouldn’t have had so many steps today” LOL) but you know what, that’s a great motivator to kick my own butt! J I started with 11,153 steps so I guess tomorrow I’m going to be aiming for 11,163! 🙂

Best Answer
Phyllis:  The 10 step increase goal sounds good to me... I am in!!!  👣😄
Sent from my LG G2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Well, my favorite breakfast is either yogurt, oatmeal, and fresh fruit, or a poached egg with toast and some fruit. I also make an amazing egg muffin for under 200 calories, and I can grab one of those on my way out the door

I track my food with the MyFitnessPal App, and really love it. I used to do Weight Watchers Online, and found I was really disconnected because the points felt unreal to me (everyone is different, but calories/nutrients seem more understandable than a point value at this stage in my life). I also like to pre-plan my meals ahead of time, and entering in what I plan to eat, and calculating my calories keeps me on track. I can see what I can have before I eat/cook it, and can adjust accordingly. No suprises. Also, It functions like a grocery list for me. Oh, Chicken Enchilladas on Saturday? Well, better get the ingredients (that I've already entered in my recipe section!)...

I do benefit from people who are accountable with me, and work with me, but that's actually more about exercising than eating. For me, diet is wrapped up with some emotional stuff, so I do better when I handle that and don't talk about it. My friend is on a diet that allows her each meal to choose Fat or Carbs, and involves all sorts of supplements, and even thinking about that stresses me out. 

I don't use the fitbit challenges so much, but I do enjoy challenging myself. I like to set goals. I'm planning to do the color run 5k in November, and then I want to run a 10k by March. We'll see how life treats me! 

Best Answer

Thanks for the warm welcome and I am in for the 10 steps increment a day

Best Answer

Lisa, I felt the same way about that, shouldn't have gone those extra steps yesterday. I crashed my 10,000 steps like a champ yesterday, for the first time. Hopefully it's not so rediculously hot today, it will make it easier. 

I'm very proud of both my step count yesterday, 10,422 (I guess that puts today's goal at 10,432), and the fact that I didn't drink any pop, I wanted to, especially when DH opened his second one, but I told myself I had to finish my water first, and by then, it was bed time. 🙂

Best Answer

Paperclip, I do have one question, what happens if we don't make the new goal, do we keep that goal until we do? or do we go ten steps past what we did get? I had a really good day yesterday, about 2,000 steps over my average 🙂

Best Answer

Lisa you would post the challenge when I was over 10,000 as well!  I'm in.  So today I must do 10,674!  It's a good thing I'm starting to train for an obstacle course event in September.  This will help with my motivation.  My best friend signed me up to help with my motivation and to give me a concrete goal to train for.  I've never done that before - obstacle course or train for something.  At the end of the day though, it's a fun event and not a timed race.  You work in a team so I'll have support.  I'm worried though about the running in between obstacles.  That's going to be challenging and scary to train.  Running with an extra 95 pounds on ones frame is no easy task.  Sometimes walking is bad enough!  Couch to 5k here I come.  I'll need the cheerleading everyone.  So Lisa - thanks for the challenge!

My path isn't always straight or clear, but at least I'm on the way somewhere.
SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer

@SpunDreamer - way to go on no pop!  That's a tough one.  Well done!  That is definately the kind of choice that will get you success.

SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to be 68 this September.  Just wondering if anyone in this group is around my age with 75 pounds to lose?  If so, please message or friend me.

Best Answer

heya, i love the fact this group is so active. what a great group of motivators! I am starting my weight loss journey.. I have 80lbs to lose. I cringe even thinking about that number... but i gotta start somewhere! Whe I had my son 4 yrs ago I vowed to loose all the weight I had put on.. but stress along with poor diet choices has put me at my heaviest ever. I am looking to find people who are in the same boat as me, and possibly those who are thinking of quitting smoking soon.. i am 2 weeks away from my quit date, and will need some people to lean on 🙂

“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James
Best Answer

Hi Phyllis - -I'm 62 with . . .well, I want to lose 20 at a time - hoping for the first 20 (ok, maybe 16-20) but the weekend after Labor Day, but should lose about 60 to get to my 'right weight'.  I haven't figured out how to add a friend yet, but I will as soon as I figure it out 🙂 Joni

Best Answer

@luvkoalas5373

Hi Joni,

It's easy to add a friend.  All you do is click on the persons picture, in this case you would click on Phyllis0 picture next to her message.  That will take you to Phyllis0's personal community page.  Next to her picture you'll see a link that says "Go to fitbit.com Profile"  Click on that link.  Now you are on Phyllis0's personal fitbit page.  You should see a button under her name, next to her picture.  It says " + Add Friend "  Just click that button.  A new window will pop up and it is giving you the opportunity to send Phyllis0 a personal message, or you can use the standard prepopulated request.  Then just click on the big Pink/Red button that says " Send Invite " and you're done.  Phyllis0 will receive your request and accept the invitation.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

@luvkoalas5373 wrote:

Hi Phyllis - -I'm 62 with . . .well, I want to lose 20 at a time - hoping for the first 20 (ok, maybe 16-20) but the weekend after Labor Day, but should lose about 60 to get to my 'right weight'.  I haven't figured out how to add a friend yet, but I will as soon as I figure it out 🙂 Joni

SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer

Thanks bunches Hayleycan!!  Phyllis got it before I did LOL. 

I like the 10 steps more challenge!

I found a new motivation for me - I bought a Gazelle Edge a little while ago, I use it while watching TV, BUT, I remembered what I did years ago with my old one - - plug into music and watch tv at the same time (with the captions on so I don't miss anything LOL)  I brought up Pandora on my laptop, plugged my headphones in and hit the Oldies station - wala - -good walking/dancing music and I can sing (not out loud, the bf wouldn't be able to hear his tv LOL. 🙂

Best Answer

So I wanted to get a few opinions ... I'm thinking of starting a YouTube Channel.  There aren't many weight loss blogs by men that include video, much less those that are all video.  MY thought is, a weekly broadcast on a YouTube Channel, my own thoughts on my weight loss, pictures in the background, some witty commentary ... I have some video software I'm going to play around with before I do it, but I would love to see what people think?  Thoughts ... comments?

Best Answer

Good question, SpunDreamer!  Honestly, I didn't really think of this in details LOL

Let's go with this:  you should continue to beat your highest step count. So, if you don't make it one day, you need to make it the next day. 

Example:

I walk 50 steps on Monday.  On Tuesday I only manage 30 steps.  Wednesday, I need to succeed at doing the 60 steps.

OR

if you really want to challenge yourself....whatever steps you missed you make up the next day plus the 10's that you missed. 

Example:

I walk 50 steps on Monday.  On Tuesday I only manage 30 steps.  Wednesday I must walk the 50 steps from Monday PLUS the 20 steps I missed on Tuesday PLUS the 10 additional that I missed I missed on Tuesday PLUS the 10 I now owe.

Whichever scenario is good with me.  This is meant to motivate, not to make anyone feel inadequate.

Hope that helps!!

Best Answer

By the way,  I also love how active this group is and the interest in the 10 step challenge is awesome!!!  Good luck everyone!!

Best Answer

I would love to take the credit but it was Vanessa (Paperclip) that came up with the idea!!! 🙂  Unfortunately today I fell under my normal steps as my work day got out of control busy and by the time I got hom I barely had time to check in!  I'm going to aim for the same goal tomorrow though!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome A34!!!  You have come to the right place for support!  I 100% understand the challenges you are facing.  I quit smoking in February and then noticed my weight creeping up.  Luckily I decided to change my lifestyle and here I am!

Best Answer
0 Votes