Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Goal 50 to 100 Pounds

Hi! 

I'm trying to lose 75 pounds, hopefully at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. I started on my journey a week and a half ago and I'm currently down 3.6 pounds.  I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and if you want friends for extra motivation feel free to add me.  🙂

Best Answer
428 REPLIES 428

I am in the same boat, would love help with motivation but do not know how to add people.  Feel free to add me and/or tell me how to add others.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
@cindytrunnels - if you go back a page or so you'll see that I gave Phyliis0 the instructions on how to add friends. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll walk you through it.
Cheers,
Hayley
My path isn't always straight or clear, but at least I'm on the way somewhere.
SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Tinzoulin -
I don't agree with binging. It's not healthy no matter what you binge on. Calories ultimately are calories. More importantly though is the behaviour and ability to make choices that will change our lives, not keep us in the same place repeating patterns of self hated or that will demoralize previous efforts made. It takes daily, heck minute by minute commitment to succeed. Every choice we make we have to understand the reason why we make it. If we are not willing to look at why we want to binge on something - and just being hungry isnt a good enough reason - then you're continuting to set yourself up for failure.
SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer

I know my steps do not come close to anyone elses, but today I think I put my fitbit one in the wrong spot because after going shopping, my steps didn't amount to even 200 for the entire day. Woman Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I didn't make my goal yesterday but that is alright because it was a rest day for me.

Wed 10,634
Thurs goal 10,674 - achieved 11,399
Fri goal 10,684 - achieved 10,932
Sat goal - enjoy my sofa and go see Magic Mike XXL, no popcorn - ACHIEVED!
Sunday goal 10,694

I find that my daily goal is quite high but I'm doing my best to make it work. I have to walk my dog so that helps me usually get between 1-2000 in. I get up and move around as much as I can at work, so that gives me about 3-4000. I take transit part of the way to work, so I take the stairs or if not possible I walk up the escalator. That gives me a couple 100 more. So if I don't try to make my original goal of 10,000 a day my steps turn out around 6-7000. So that means I have to go for at least a 45 minute walk in order to get them up there.
That's one of the neatest things that I've found with the fitbit. It really showed me that when I thought I was pretty active, I wasn't nearly as active as I thought. So it's making a difference for me.

If I am low on steps though about 1000 before bed, then half an hour before bed, the earbuds go in and I dance it out. I run in place and alternate with dance. It's ridiculous, but it gets them done. Then I feel good that I've kept my promise to myself.

What I have had trouble with this weekend is regular eating. Like today, it's 12:30pm and I haven't eaten anything yet. That is not good. That's the other thing that I really want to focus on this week. Meal planning.

I'd love to hear how others are doing??
SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer

Cindytrunnels: Welcome!  You have come to the right place!  There is no greater support than support coming from people that truly understand!

Here is how to add people:

1. Click on the persons picture
  2. Click on “Go to fitbit.com Profile” (If you can’t see this link, try looking for an “About” Section. Click on that, scroll to the bottom, and then click on “Go to fitbit.com Profile”
  3. Click on “+ Add Friend”
  4. Follow the instructions on the pop up window to either send with a message or send without a message.

Phyllis: Oh no! The good news is, think about all of the calories you burned even though it didn’t show! 🙂

So I was not available really this weekend due to traveling and getting in tons of visiting with my family. (This was my last weekend in Maine since I fly back to Arizona Friday.)

I did not have the best weight loss weekend. I struggled to hit 5000 steps. (Typically I am hitting 10k or more.) What I found most difficult was two things. 1. A lot of car time driving all over the state 2. Finding time to get in exercise/steps while actively visiting with people that did not want to do active things. It most certainly was not for lack of trying to convince them to go walking/hiking/anything together.

My question – what ideas do you have on how to stay active when faced with situations like this. I was so exhausted when I got done visiting that I could barely keep my eyes open.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive got another 84lb to lose. Ive lost 58lb already following the slimming world plan. Hoping the fitbit motivates me to excercise more. x

Best Answer

I have another 84lbs to lose. Ive lost 56lbs already followimng the slimming world plan, Im hoping the fitbit helps me to excercise more. Please feel free to add me to help challenge me to get to my goal and I will challenge you too Smiley Happy x

Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome Melanie! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 🙂 I'm new to this whole fitbit thing. I just got my HRCharge today and I am loving it.
I have 33.2 kilos to lose.

I currently weigh 103.2 kilos (ugh).
My plan is to reach goals in 5 kg increments:
100 (end of July)
95 (mid September)
90 (mid October)
85 (end of November)
80 (Christmas)
75 (end of Feb)
& 70 (mid April).
I'm thinking on every 5 kg loss I'll treat myself to something (with the 10 kg losses a bigger award).
Anyway, I wish you all the best over the coming days. I sincerely hope this is not just hype because I've only just begun! x

Best Answer
Welcome Shonoa! It looks like you have some well thought out goals!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to those just joining us, It's nice to 'meet' you. 

I got 9000 steps yesterday, less than my goal, but we went quadding, and I got a bit of a work out there, that didn't count, we did an evening trail ride, I take the 4 year old on in front of me, so I'm balancing a large machine, myself, and my daughter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hayleycan wrote:

That's one of the neatest things that I've found with the fitbit. It really showed me that when I thought I was pretty active, I wasn't nearly as active as I thought. So it's making a difference for me.

I can't agree more!!  Before fitbit I would have guessed I making at least 5000 to 7000 steps.  The first few days I went about business as usual and found myself only getting 2000 steps if I was lucky.

Another big surprise came for me when I did grocery shopping.  I spent an hour in that darned stored and wracked up less than a 1000 steps!!!  LOL  fitbit has been a huge eye-opener for me for sure!

V

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lisa1980 wrote:

My question – what ideas do you have on how to stay active when faced with situations like this. I was so exhausted when I got done visiting that I could barely keep my eyes open.

Why not treat the ride the same you would in an office?  Every hour, pull over and do some walking on the spot. (If it's safe of course!)  It would probably help to keep you alert too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spundreamer 9000 is fantastic!!! That sounds like quite the trail ride!!!!!

Vanessa/Haley: you are so right! I thought I was getting way more steps, but my HR has most certainly been a good gut check on the reality of my activity.

Vanessa: That’s actually a great idea. Plus I’m sure my back would appreciate the break from the car!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That one really suprised me this morning 1000 steps at the store,  Ididn't do the whole store, as I had the kids with me, and avoided the junk aisles (probably would have anyway to be honest), I'm not great at self control

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again today I don't think my fitbit is recording my steps accurately.  I just did 7 minutes of walking and there was no step change.  Feeling discouraged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

is it syncing properly? which fitbit do you have @Phyllis0

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just changed my desk around, I'm going to try using my desk as a stand up desk. I am not sure right now. Typing is difficuly, because the area isn't wide enough for my mouse and elbow space on the keyboard. 

I'm thinking this will reduce the time I spend blankly staring at my computer. 

Best Answer

@Phyllis0 wrote:

Again today I don't think my fitbit is recording my steps accurately.  I just did 7 minutes of walking and there was no step change.  Feeling discouraged.

That's really strange Phyllis.  If it's charged up, and on your wrist where it is supposed to be, then I would contact customer service.  Don't let this dampen your spirits!!!  A friend of mine has told me that fitbit has excellent customer service.  And regardless - you did 7 minutes of walking and that's the whole point!

SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer
0 Votes