Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Tips? :)

Hi! So happy to be a part of this community!

I've recently began a weight loss/fitness journey, and was just wondering if anyone had tips?

I stick to a calorie deficit and workout every day, but if there's anything else that could help boost metabolism or burn additional fat, everything helps! (I heard that drinking 5 cups of green tea a day works wonders... it certainly helps staying hydrated, but I'm not sure how valid the weight loss component is). 

Everything's appreciated! Thank you! 🙂

Xx, G.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @holisticlibra ,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice on this thread.

My metabolic trick is HIIT training. It's very intense training, but it really supercharges my metabolism, and burns calories even after the exercise is through

Also, long walks.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

My weight loss "tips" are really lame: just make sure you are in a reasonable/sustainable caloric deficit. Being in a caloric deficit so as to lose weight inherently lowers your metabolism. If your deficit is too large (crash diet), the drop in metabolism will be bigger. Same if it lasts for too long. Hence the rationale for keeping it "reasonable". Metabolism won’t be "boosted" by eating some special foods, nor will fat be burned by doing special tricks.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Green tea is good,not 5 cups though i think .There are lots of studies showing a couple of cups a day help.

Best Answer

Thank you @WavyDavey !!

And yes, I've actually already signed up for a recurring HIIT class, I'm happy to get affirmation I'm on the right track. 🙂

Thanks for your response!

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @Dominique !

This makes total sense, I never really thought much about the direct correlation between calorie deficits and metabolism. 

Thank you again for your insight!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started using the MyFitnessPal app (the free version) to track my food intake. At first it's kind of a pain to enter everything you eat, but once you get the hang of it it's kind of addictive. You enter your personal stats (i.e. height, weight, how much you want to loose) and it comes up with a daily calorie count. What I really like about it is it not only tracks the cals, but also tracks certain vitamins/minerals you are taking in and comparing it to what you should be getting daily. So on a day I see I need more potassium, I try to eat something for that. It really helps make me more aware of the types of food I was eating.

Best Answer
0 Votes