Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Watchers - Smart Points

How many people here are on Weight Watchers and specifically, how many are following Smart Points?  How do you like it so far?  I'm finding it tougher, but that is paying off at the scale, so I like that! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
74 REPLIES 74
I would say you definitely have to eat all your daily points or your metabolism/body will go into starvation mode.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Maura-CA So far I have had no luck in FINDING one. How can there be NO trained nutritionists in a suburban community?!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maura-CA Congrtas on your loss! Thats awesome!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost 60+ pounds with fitbit and weight watchers points plus program.  Just starting to use the new smart points program.  I like the idea that we're "forced" into healthier choices with smart points.  LOVE that fitbit now connects to my weight watchers page.  How many fit points do most of you earn in a week? Do most of you use your fit points?  I hesitate to use them.  Afriad of gaining!

@Maura-CA wrote:

How many people here are on Weight Watchers and specifically, how many are following Smart Points?  How do you like it so far?  I'm finding it tougher, but that is paying off at the scale, so I like that! 

Spoiler

Best Answer

I'm with you Corny!  Hate meat and don't even like beans so I struggle too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What works best for me is meal prep on Sundays for the work week.  I cut up all kinds of vegetables and plan my lunches and dinners for the week ahead.  I try to pack lunch the night before and then in the a.m. I just grab lunch and go.  Planning ahead makes this journey much easier!

Best Answer

@iMike Great advice.  I stopped getting my daily Starbucks and I am doing great managing my points and not spending $5 a day on coffee.  It's always healthier and cheaper to bring your own meals to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Robcorc What about through your health insurance?  I belong to Kaiser and they do offer classes and personalized nutrition in their health and wellness centers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB Thank you so much!  I am feeling motivated and inspired!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dmc123 I am absolutely loving Smart Points.  It does force us away from packaged, pre-processed foods and that is so important!  I love the free fruit and veggies and am feeling so much better eating healthy and not eating chips, crackers and other empty calorie foods and beverages.   It is awesome that our FitBits calculate directly through the WW app.  I talked to my Leader last week and I asked her if people use their extra weekly points or the Fit points.  She said "let your weight loss be your guide".  I have not been needing either one, but likely would only dip into the weeklies and not ever the fitbit points.  I had 100 + last week...that's a lot of chocolate!  Ha ha!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dmc123 Oh and BIG, BIG congratulations on the weight loss!  That's awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dmc123 Congrats on your loss so far! Woot!

@Robcorc: Have you asked you DR about a nutritionists? I also agree if you have Kasier they do have some good classes. But if you dont have Kaiser then it doesnt help

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Wendy and Maura.  I'm actually Lifetime but gained a pound and a half after an injury sidelined me for awhile.  Working at getting that off.  I feel great with WW and exercise.

Best Answer
I heard they are not encouraging us to use the fitpoints now. the current formula certainly does give us a lot of them so I would be hesitant to use them regularly. I could see them as helpful if away on holidays or somewhere that is not everyday and have less control of the foods provided for a period of time.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fun to watch them add up though!
Best Answer
0 Votes
@dmc123 awesome job working the program!
Best Answer

@mcrmama I do not link my Fitbit to WW as it gives me way to many FitPoints. I  use a Heart Rate Monitor to figure My FitPoints and yes I do eat them.

I  would never eat them linking fitbit to WW though. It gives me anywhere from 15-20 a day and its just not right

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know of any good website with really good idea on what to take to work for lunch? I really struggle with this and all the help would be great and appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SusanKB

Emilybites

Skinnytaste

I usually have a big salad and right now soup on other days. Others wise its a sandwich or sometype of wrap.

Sometime I even bring left over dinners.

I have also been using my Panadero and making Zuchhini noodles. Skinny taste has a lot of recipes for that.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dmc123  Congatulations on lifetime status!  My hubby is lifetime and I can't wait to get there myself! 

Best Answer
0 Votes